October 31, 2014 | 1586 users online

Mascara - L.A. Colors - Lash Building Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Montanatiff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have spent way too much in Sephora and Ulta with the OH SO WRONG mindset that the more expensive products are automatically better. Grabbed this mascara for $1 at a Family Dollar near my bfs house and I love it. It is the ONLY mascara I've ever used that doesn't leave me with raccoon eyes in a matter of hours....even when I accidentally rub my eyes or find myself in hot weather or sweating a bit. It's a nice natural look and now I wear it daily to work because I wont walk out of the office looking like Bucky Barnes from Winter Soldier. If you have the raccoon eye issue, grab one of these. If you still don't like it, it was only like $1 anyway!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I reside in Ontario, Canada, so after all taxes (as there are many in this Province), it came out to only $3.38. So dirt cheap. I've put on sooo many coats and it did not volumize that much, but does provide a natural look and makes my lashes feel nice and light and not weighed down. I do love the packaging and that the tube takes away all of the excess gunk as it is sooo narrow where the brush actually comes out, the brush in itself I really like and may keep after the mascara is done to use on my other (4) mascaras. I don't think I ll re purchase, but for the price, I certainly did not waste any money. It's a little dry, but was well packaged at the store in plastic, so I know it was not sitting out bare as some dollar store mascaras are. I really, really hope it does NOT make my lashes FALL OUT though. Sometimes in the past, cheaper mascaras have done that, so if anyone finds that they lose lashes when taking it off, or just in general, please post! Thanks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Rikki1290

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a teenager so I'm on a budget. I love looking at the dollar store because you never know what you're going to find. I LOVE this mascara because it really lengthens and it adds a tiny bit of thickness. This is perfect for school because it makes your lashed look so good but it doesn't look like it's a ton of mascara. I have used this for a year and I will definitely keep using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by vm1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara was the biggest bargain ever! The package came with a pencil eyeliner and a good quality sharpener for only $2! The mascara makes the lashes look fuller and longer. It doesn't clump at all and it lasts a pretty good while. I would definitely buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by GinniAffliction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!

This mascara is no more than $2 and it makes my lashes so glamorous!!

I guess I have an advantage though: my lashes are naturally long, to the point where I'm constantly asked if I'm wearing falsies.

Unfortunately they grow very funky........the lashes towards the end are halfway curled and the middle are straight down while the shortest lashes have a weak curl. And they're thin.

This mascara holds my curl and makes my lashes thick!!!!

The packaging is very basic and not flashy or anything so I like~

The brush might hold a problem to people because its very thick and a little hard to manuver but for my funky lashes, it was pretty easy!

LOVE IT~!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

I have always wanted a mascara that brings out length, NOT thickness, cause my lashes are already as thick as can be, so it's just length that I am really craving for on my lashes. So, I was at the Dollar store, and their whole stall of makeup from L.A. colors really caught my eye. I decided to try out their mascara, and it just made my day! Even if though it doesn't hold curls very well, that really doesn't matter to me. All I ever needed was some extra length, and it does really well in that department. However, the brush is a bit too big, and awkward around my lower lashes, so I don't bother with lower lashes. Final verdict: L.A Colors mascara is my new HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok so this mascara isnt the greatest mascara ever but i think its great for certain purposes so i think ill def keep one around while they make it!
~~PRICE/AVAILABILITY~~
The LA Colors Lash Building Mascara can be found in most Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Dollar General stores as well as online on the la colors site & cherryculture. It will vary depending on your area. The price is great- $1!! yes. My opinion would be different if i paid more than $3 for this since i think its well worth a $1 but not much more.
~~SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE~~
The LA Colors Lash Building Mascara according to their website "Lash Building mascara is specially formulated to volumize lashes. Special applicator brush separates each lash without clumping." I think this mascara is great for a nice natural look. I dont find that it holds curl or lifts but it does add slight definition & a tiny bit of volume. Thats why i like this if im looking for a more natural look. I def think those with naturally long & thick lashes would like this better. If you are looking for major volume & length, this wont work. This is a great mascara for topping those other mascaras i have that are too thin/wet since it helps set & unclump my lashes. My lashes are super long & sometimes i just want slight definiton. This does just that. The color is black. Its black but not super black like some. I think this formula is in the middle. Not too wet or dry. It does compare to the Elf $1 mascara but the brush is alot better in this one. The brush is a nice thick bristled brush. It coats the lashes nicely. You can def coat the lashes easily & never have had problems. I like the brush. I wish i could find all of the shades in my local stores. Bc i really do think this is a good basic everyday mascara. It does help the performance on others i have. The mascara does not clump or have any flakies throughout the day & is easily taken off with remover or wipes. (On their site, they have 5 available shades but i have only seen black & brown)
~~PACKAGING~~
The mascara comes in the standard hard plastic tubing. This one is a glossy black with white logo/labeling information. The wand twists on/off easily. The brush is great. The packaging is simple but does a good job. Havent had any problems. 0.25 fl oz of mascara which is the standard and i dont feel so bad throwing out a $1 mascara as much as i do with those that cost more. Since its suggested we throw out our mascaras every 3 months due to contamination/bacteria- this one is great to have around & get a new one.
Overall, this is either going to be a good or bad mascara for you. It all depends on your lashes & what you like in the mascara. I like this since i dont need a whole lot. I def will repurchase, Hope to find some more colors! CRUELTY FREE MAKEUP at an affordable price, love la colors!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by QueenofAngolmois18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is just meh,thats all i can say about this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ProDreemer

It's actually quite a decent mascara. Do remember to change it every three months. It goes on easily and gives lashes some volume, definitely lengthens them. It's not clumpy and is easy to apply. Overall, I'd say that for it's price.. it's awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by sparklebluetulip

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was expecting so much from this, I saw the brush and was like 'this is a winner' but the formula is so wet that it takes forever to build the volume!! I love the navy colour and the price is fab but I wouldn't purchase this again, it doesn't offer much but colour.