Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP

3.9

The top notes are French jasmine, black truffle, ylang-ylang, black currant and effervescent citrus. In the floral-spicy heart, dwells the Tom Ford's black orchid, imaginary more than real, and the base combines woodsy notes (patchouli and sandalwood), dark chocolate, incense, amber, vetiver, vanilla and balsam.

on 1/7/2015 11:38:00 PM

Spicy! Sexy! Mature! Not for the easily pleased! Incredibly complex scent, love everything about it including lasting power. And the bottle is Gorg.

on 12/3/2014 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

When I first tried this perfume on inside Sephora, it almost made me sick. I could not wait to get home and wash it off. Within 5 minutes of leaving the store, I could not believe how great it smelled on my skin. I went back the next day and bought it. This is now my signature scent and I can't imagine going without it.

on 9/24/2014 3:33:00 AM

Another reviewer said this smelled like dirt. Spot on. I tried a sample and although it was overpowering at first I gave it the benefit of the doubt.
Ten minutes later I had another tentative sniff and said to my friend "It smells like soil".

The most "Emporors New Clothes" fragrance I've ever come across.

on 9/23/2014 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

It is very strong, musky scent with some spicy and woody notes in it. I do not feel any citrus or any sweet note. I thought it is a cologne for men. I do not like it on woman, sorry. Just way too arrogant and aggressive scent. I can imagine a well-matched couple where man wears Black Orchid and his lady - Flowerbomb. And I would stay away from them (or get sick).

on 8/17/2014 12:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love it or hate it, you can't argue with the fact that this fragrance is extremely well executed. Though I've heard some say that women under 25 will have a hard time pulling it off, I will gladly step up to the challenge, as I would be happy to wear this museum-piece of a fragrance. It is a balmy and spicy fragrace that also manages to stay close to the skin( and blended surprisingly well with my skin's chemistry). Some notes I smell are patchouli, Gardenia and of course, orchid. And don't even get me started on the bottle- it's elegance would complement just about any vanity.

on 6/11/2014 2:14:00 AM

Nope. I sprayed some of this on myself and almost gagged. I got the distinct smell of wet dirt and faeces…..with bite. I wasn't willing to leave it on (and offend others in the process) long enough to see whether or not I enjoyed the dry down.

On the positive side, I quite like the bottle.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used several samples of this perfume on and off for a few months now. It's a (very) strong, musky scent. It's unique and sexy even, especially for a night out. It may now be appropriate for every day use to the office, etc. because it is quite prominent. It lasts all day and all night, staying strong throughout. Sometimes when I'm wearing it and catch a whiff of it I love it and other times it makes me sick. I find men in general love these strong musky scents on a woman, especially if there's any hint of vanilla within them. However, I haven't really come across many men who like this as it is too strong. I suppose this all comes down to personal preference and what the occasion is, like with any fragrance choice. As far as the strong scents go, I'd go with Burberry Touch or See by Chloe over this one. Not only are those a little more gentle on the senses but also on your wallet!

on 5/22/2014 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This perfume is weird! I used one spritz on my arm & didn't need to move it to my nose to smell it. There's an almost citrusy herbal smell that hits me between the eyes. This juice is strong & has monster sillage. The drydown gets smoother, deeper & the chocolate scent comes through. There's also a mossy, mushroomy scent, it smells like something dank & green in the best way! Then i get the patchouli. Sometimes i get a whif of the dark mushroomy smell, other times the green herby note, other times i get the deep chocolate scent. This perfume is a morpher! I can definitely see why this perfume is so well known & loved almost as much as it's hated. This perfume has a personality with a capital P! The reason i gave it 3 stars is that while it's beautiful, i'm afraid it isn't very me! I love that it isn't very feminine, i can definitely see a guy wearing the heck out of this! Great scent, but not for me.

su

on 5/7/2014 7:20:00 AM

I tried it today, I liked it though it seems quite masculine and heavy for summertime. Maybe I'll try this next winter. By the moment, I still prefer Violet Blonde.

on 5/6/2014 10:32:00 AM

My review is for migraine sufferers, like me, who may not be able to wear most fragrances due to the propensity to wind up incapacitated from it. I received a broken sample atomizer of this, so I was able to smell it without actually spraying it. It is VERY strong (it got it on my finger and it is still strong after I washed my hands) and masculine, and would thus likely trigger a migraine.

Popular Fragrances