Nail Magic Base Coat Therapy

3.7

on 8/29/2013 9:38:00 AM

Bought this to try and help my bendy, peeling nails and it doesn't stay on long enough to be able to judge its effectiveness. It peels off constantly. Awful stuff!

on 3/4/2013 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I guess it's OK as a nail treatment. It hasn't harmed my nails, anyway.

However, my polish comes off in one large sheet after maybe 3 days, tops. I clean my nails thoroughly with either rubbing alcohol or acetone nail polish remover before applying base coat/polish, and use top coat (Seche Vite)/reapply top coat a few days after initial polishing.

Nailtek's Foundation #2 works much better for me as a base coat for polish.

It's really a shame, because this goes on well and seems to allow polish to go on really smoothly. It just also allows polish to come off smoothly, too -- which is an utter base coat failure.

on 11/29/2012 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on recs from you guys and I really like it!! My nails felt protected and my manicure did have some staying power. My first coat of polish seemed thin/like I needed a lot of polish to cover it, which could be this adhering or just the polish. Either way it doesn't matter because the second coat was great and the manicure was perfect. It's finally chipping off and my nails don't feel weird at all!! They feel like I wasn't even wearing polish. Healthy and strong still. That's major, because I used to not polish before due to cracking and peeling that it would cause!! Really like this! :)

Update: After using this for a while I felt it really didn't work. I bought the original, and returned that, and then tried Orly and also didn't like it. I aso bought Duri Rejuvacoat. But it turns out my nails don't like polish even though I do. So I can't polish often and I can't use top/base coats like this, even though they are meant to be strengtheners, they don't work for me.

on 4/14/2012 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't get the choice to say Maybe to would I buy this product again. I really loved this base coat because it actually works. It was clear, fast drying, and made my nail polish last up to 7 days. Unfortunately, I read other disturbing reviews online of people having experienced extreme pain in the nails after using this. I took it back and I didn't continue to use. I have sensitive skin and I have no idea how that could affect me in the long run. I went to Ulta to buy Essie First Base Base Coat. I hope it works as good as this. I tried China Glaze Base Coat and it sure was not as good as Nail Magic Therapy Base Coat.

on 8/8/2011 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is the best base coat I've ever used. It is the formaldehyde free version of the original Nail Magic and it works way better. It also actually keeps my polish on. My nails are healthy and I haven't had a break in months..I actually just cut most of the length off the other day because it was getting too hard to type!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Sally Beauty Supply had this on sale. I've been using Nail Hardener & Conditioner for two years and my nails stopped peeling. This works just as well.

on 12/13/2010 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Nail Magic Base Coat Therapy works as a base coat for nail polish adhesion and provides nail strengthening nutrients to the nail plate. Helps repair weak, thin, soft or peeling nails. Nail Magic Base Coat Therapy contains aloe to assist in reinforcing and thickening the nail, while promoting flexibility. Assists in preventing cracking of the nail and replenishes its natural moisture. I bought this after Gelous basically destroyed my nails. In a nutshell after two weeks of using Gelous my nails were a completely dehydrated, peeling, cracking mess. I can say, unequivocally, that this product lives up to every claim made by the company. All the damage that Gelous did to my nails, this corrected. After a few weeks of using this my nails are actually in better condition than before the Gelous disaster. For the first time ever I don't need to douse my nails in moisturizer after taking my polish off. It's a miracle! I sincerely wish I had found this sooner. continued >>