November 28, 2014 | 1756 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Murad - Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer Matte Finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by MarjaWouters

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Quite a disappointment, on my medium toned skin with cool undertones this looks totally ashy, a very nasty unhealthy colour. Furthermore, it didn't blend well on top of my moisturizer and mind you, I waited at least 15 min before applying the primer. All in all, another product that goes straight in the bin. Such a pity, all those mishap buyings. For me, no more Murad.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by flossyglam

I'm surprised to see that this doesn't have higher reviews. My biggest reason for the high rating is it's the best primer I've found so far for use in humid climates. I've worn this during summers in Atlanta, New York City, and southern Japan. I know humid. At a certain point no primer is going to be perfect in the hottest and wettest conditions, but I keep reaching for this one because I haven't yet found another that can beat it for shine control and keeping my foundation in place. Yes it's pricey, but 1. It's formulated by a skincare company with skin in mind, and 2. Using it only half the year has lasted me two summers. Bonus points for number 3. I can get away with wearing less foundation with this underneath, and I'm sure those with better complexions than mine can use this alone for a no-makeup look. Bummer that it doesn't look like Sephora carries this product anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by beardpapa

I am kind of surprised to see the average reviews for this product. But then again, everyone has different skin, and their skin will not respond the same to the product.

I think this Primer is excellent ! So much so, that I use this alone almost 90% of the time. It gives a rather even, oil-free finish that lasts for hours even in this extremely humid climate. I also feel that it allows my skin to breathe - and I have all but stopped using foundation as a result.

I definitely recommend other MUA-ers to try this out. Its great !

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by MisiaPng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is apparently one of the top selling primers at sephora, and while I am looking for my next HG primer to control shine for my super oily skin, I decided to get a sample size to try. However, this is too dark for my Asian Chinese skin tone, I am not really very fair to begin with. I don't see the radiance that I can see with other primers, and I don't think this does it's job to leave my skin matte. My face just looks oily, make up looks pixelated, and dull. My skin gets shiny faster than other primers which I am also trying, and worse of all, my make up slide off my face easily. The piece of tissue which I used to dan the excess oil away from my face has a lot of make up, and I don't experience this much make up sliding off my face with other primers as well. Luckily I only get a sample to try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

I have tried this primer in both its dewy and its matte formulations, and while both are solid products, the matte formulation wins out. To be quite honest, as a primer I find the matte version more than adequate (it does help my foundation last through a long work day), but where it really impresses is when I wear it all alone on those days when I am feeling too lazy for foundation. When I use it, many people comment on how my skin glows or how well-rested I look...and it simply takes a few little pumps spread over the face in a question of seconds. I also truly appreciate the fact that it is oil-free. As for the matte finish, it is not severe at all. Given that my skin tends to be a bit oily, this product lends more of a satin finish to my face and I find that I still need to use oil-blotting papers throughout the day as I would with any other product (but no more than usual). I am running out and will definitely be repurchasing this primer, as it is the best that I have found for my skin type and absolutely wonderful for those days when I don't feel like fussing over my face that much. My only complaint is that I wish it had some SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Sonne82

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this primer, it goes on smooth, adjusts to your skin tone, has a not too trying effect on my combination acne-prone skin and works well with my foundation. I had been looking for a primer for a long time which doesn't make my foundation (MUFE and Tarte alterning) roll off and appear uneven and patchy - this is the only one I've found. It has not given me any breakouts nor any other reactions other than holding my make-up in place and reducing the shine on my skin somewhat. I prefer having my skin looking more dewy, some may say "oily" and not too dry as this will make it look cakey and magnifies wrinkles. Unfortunately we can't get this in Canadian Sephora stores so will have to order online again when I run out, but as long as I do this a few weeks in advance I will be fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by brianah93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HONEST and THOROUGH REVIEW! i would have given this a 2.5 if optional only because this primer is from a reputable brand dedicated to skin care and the condition of the skin verses a cosmetic appeal but i digress. I also rate it above a 1 because the ingredients are more skin friendly and seem to be *at least for my super sensitive skin*

TEXTURE: this is a water based primer which i love texture wise..most silicone-based primers feel like serums...this was like a matte-fast drying cream. RUB IT IN QUICKLY OR IT WILL FLAKE. it is tinted. if your pink/olive it should be ok but for rosier and deeper tones it may appear ashy-like and ghostly. it should be "okay" once it settles in though or layer a foundation/powder over it. regardless the tint is noticeable but blends and gives u a powdered finish/look--> "as if you look clean"*whatever my mom meant by that*

QUALITY/PERFORMANCE: it is OKAY...nothing exceptionally great. it comes in a black box(I LOVE THE MARKETING BY THE WAY) which informs you of its "innovative" pore factor 5 system which is supposed to do several things as if it s a beauty balm or something. minimize pores over time, balances skin, brightening qualities etc. when i put it on initially my pores were less noticeable in a sense, but for it to say it would gradually reduce my pores over time i would have to disagree. my pores are still the same size. HUGE! LOL. i dont suffer from dark circles, baggy eyes, and other "imperfections" so i cant attest to its qualities on that matter. i can talk about firmness. My skin feels the same. it does brighten your skin a bit so yay for that. MATTE FINISH?? this is semi-matte if anything..it looks great after a few hours but DOES NOT LAST especially if you place a foundation over it which is what primers are for...to prime your skin for foundation use. I must admit i dont mind a dewy look so i would just blot over my t-zone and other areas and continue with my day. i DO break out..not with cystic acnes..just a few blemishes and black heads. it did not settle into my pores or creases and it did not break me out. it does have a smell. nothing alarming tho. i have allergies so it was ok because it didnt make me tear up or make my nose run.......after a while

PACKAGING: the pump is great as far as being sanitary but if you are unfamiliar with pumps you will pump more product than necessary and when the pump doest put out anymore product u can cut it open and see that there it still more at the bottom. i would prefer a tube to squeeze it out. otherwise the black and white is sleek and modern !!

ALL IN ALL i rated this low because it claims to do more than it actually does..at least for my skin and a few other of my friends. i think there are better primers out there of equal and/or lesser value that can do a better job than this one. if you have sensitive skin then you can give this a go as it also has less irritating ingredients BUT performance wise if u really want something matte for oil control without u layering powder on ur face every few hours then look else where! ciao

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the packaging, it's a pump which is more sanitary than a tube or jar. Love the tint, it's great for darker, more oily skin. I use this with a bit of concealer and then a tinted pressed powder as my daily makeup routine. Keeps my makeup from sliding around, and keeps my face looking matte all day. Awesome product for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had read about this being an amazing primer in a magazine article. Of course I was a little worried being it has a pretty steep price tag. I got a sample of this and it looks a little scary being tinted with my fair skin. I found this did not end up so scary. This smooths on easily and I did not need very much. I am not quite sure if this leaves me looking matte, but I do like how it smooths out nicely. I do like this primer, but I think the price tag is a little steep.

Update: I do not reach for this primer much. To me it does not really do much but cover up a little of the redness I have. This does have dimethicone in it which explains why I sometimes get some new bumps after using it. Dimethicone tends to irrirate those of us with acne. I can sometimes get away with using a product with some dimethicone in it if it is not in the very beginning of the ingredient list (this is in the first 3 ingredients). I also can sometimes use the product if it is in a foundation or something where I have some other layers on my face that this does not penetrate and irritate my skin as much. This primer for me does not fit either way so I hardly ever use this. This is now a pass for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by madhs

This product works for me. My skin is oily, I have the occasional cystic breakouts on my jawline... and pores. I moisturize and then put this on, let it sink in for about 2 minutes and then apply my make up. It actually does deliver a pretty flawless finish. My makeup does stay on for the entire day and I don't even blot. So when I do get oily, there's just a light shine which looks quite natural. I am definitely giving this product a chance.