July 22, 2014 | 2036 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - Purple Revolution Nail Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

I enjoy not only the Formula of Christian Dior Polishes for it's lasting manicure, but I enjoy the colors of this line and very classy packaging of the nail polish. Not to mention the very wonderful application brush that makes these absolutely fantastic to apply.

This color would probably appeal to those who like black. It is purple, and you can see that in one layer, but to create an even coat of paint you have to apply two layers and once the second layer is applied this nail varnish looks rather black. When the light hits it though you can see the deepness of purple hidden in this hue. I must say I enjoy this color very much.

I currently happen to be in love with a matte top coat so I threw this on my most recent manicure of this polish. Matted down it is much harder to see the purple that would normally appear when the light hits it, so I wouldn't suggest matting this color down if you want to actually enjoy the deep purple hue hidden in this polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by luxepiggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of almost-black lacquers, so Purple Revolution is right up my alley. If you're looking for an obviously purple colour you may want to try 981 Black Plum instead.

As always, the application is perfect, thanks to the great Dior formula and brush!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for Dior's Purple Revolution Nail Polish, new for Fall/Winter 2010. This color is very, very dark. Its almost like a black shade that has hints of deep purple when it hits the light. Its very pigmented because when I tried to remove it with polish remover, my fingers and nail bed stained purple. I get this with dark colors but it was particularly more noticeable with this color. The staying power is great, I will say that. The shade is matte but has a pretty shine to it. But again, it is very dark, almost a purple/eggplant black. The bottle also features the newly designed Dior applicator brush which does make applying color much easier. 5 starts for the new brush.