October 1, 2014 | 1141 users online

Other - Colgate - Simply White

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff isn't terrible but certainly isn't great. I DID notice a slight difference but not enough to make it worth using it. AND it made my teeth extra sensitive! This comes in a bottle that looks like nailpolish and you actually brush it on your teeth. The taste is pretty awful and you still end up with residue on your teeth the next morning. Would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by rnornan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very inexpensive. I have used Crest Whitestrips a few years ago. I drink coffee and red wine a lot and so that's why i use this for maintenance. When I feel like it, I use this one day. Something like every 2 mos or whenever I remember. I dont do the entire 14 day program because I see an immediate improvement with just one use. So I have had the same bottle for about 2 years now and it still works fine. No complaints. It is messy and there is no way to prevent the stuff from sliding off unless you have a gummy kind of tray from a previous dentist's whitening attempt or a kit from before. That is what I use. Brush it on, then put my retainer things on, leave it on for 15-20 min or however long I can stand preventing myself from swallowing the stuff. Rinse and enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 11:43:00 PM More reviews by deliazamir

i couldn't believe my eyes this morning (i am on my sixth day, and i did skip once for a few days since i couldn't take the teeth sensitivity)! my upper teeth are shiny WHITE. my lower set still has some stains at the gummy areas but that's because drool inevitably gets to that particular mouth section, regardless of lying down, stuffing wads of tissue between your lips and gums and leaving the mouth open for 15 minutes (all of which i do every day). and yes, i did notice some color discrepancy with indoor lighting, but who cares! i'm a smoker and i haven't seen my teeth this white for ages. i am a true convert. the teeth sensitivity does bother me, though. but really, it's a small price to pay for lovely pearly whites. and the stuff is so dirt cheap. i am not bothered by the taste and texture (very snotty-like, as a review below mentioned), since it does the job beautifully and way before the expected date. yay!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So far, so good. I am on day 4 of the 14 day program with the Advanced formula and I can already tell the difference. Considering I drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day, the odd glass of wine with dinner, and smoke quite a bit, this is impressive. We're not talking celebrity white, but definitely lighter and less yellow. I have no issues with the brush-on formula. In order to prevent my lips from coming into contact with my teeth and also to let the gel soak in, I place little rolls of wadded-up tissue between my gum and lip to keep them separate. Looking like Marlon Brando in The Godfather for ten minutes every night is a small price to pay, I think, for noticeable results. I am hoping that my tooth color will continue to improve. It's certainly better than $450 dentist-whitening procedures. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Scout8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the simply white gel. I thought that the whitening effect was as good as the crest strips (3 shades) with less hassle and I got no sensitivity with the simply white. I like that I can use the product at work. You just brush it on and go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2005 11:00:00 AM More reviews by drinkmoresoup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got the toothpaste. Though it did whiten my teeth, it left my lips very raw and cracked...even bleeding. Every time I would stop using it, my lips would get better, but it would take a week or two. Then I would give it another shot, and yet again...painful lips. I think that it is the whitening agent. I gave their other products a try in this line, and the same results. Whiter teeth, but swollen lips!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by SecretAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I switched over to Colgate Simply White when the Crest Whitestrips proved to be just too much of a hassle to use night-and-day and the "professional" whitening trays from the dentist were just too gaggy, painful to sensitive teeth, and inconvenient. The Simply White did lighten my teeth a couple of shades and just due to the convenience factor and lower cost, I'll keep using it. I always put lip balm on my lips right before I put the bleach on my teeth. BONUS: When used on bare nailtips, it whitens them too! Just dab under and over and wash-off after 15 minutes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2005 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Flippit

Simply White (Night): I just finished the 14 day program with mixed results. It wasn't drastic but I got about two shades lighter with this product, which is pretty good, and worth the money. I also didn't get chapped lips (I placed "padding" made of paper towelling between my lips and gums in order to keep my lips from touching my teeth for a few minutes). I didn't get tooth sensitivity either, which I was concerned about. Here's where the mixed results come in: In natural lighting my teeth do look nice, but in fluorescent lighting... yuck. Where they used to just look dull and nondescript under my bathroom lighting, they now have a yellowish tinge. As long as I keep my smiling to sunlit rooms, I'll be safe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2004 5:30:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I've used the Simply White Night...not sure if its any different than just a plain Simply White..but whatever. The price is good. I followed the directions..applied it to my teeth every night for 14 nights. It worked! My teeth were very noticabley whiter. I was so happy. And there's enough in the bottle that I can get another 14 night usage out of it in a couple of months (hopefully it won't dry up) I always thought these products were gimmicks until I tried it for myself. The only downsides to this product were: It burned and dried out lips if you accidently got it on them and also the gel didn't set or create a 'seal' on teeth like it claimed. I ended up swallowing a lot of this stuff cuz it seemed to foam up once it made contact with teeth. And the consistancy was horrible...like snot or something lol. But it works..and quite well..so I can forgive it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2004 7:54:00 PM More reviews by allno

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

CVS has this on sale right now. You save $6 with your CVS card. I had a coupon for it so I paid $1.19 for mine including tax! I had used this before but not the way it said to be used to not sure if this works or not but I did want to try it again because Clark Howard, consumer advocate, listed this on his site as the most effective and cheapest of all teeth whiteners on the market. And since I beleive everythig that Clark says . . . : ) I'll let you know how the second round goes.