Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies in Black Drama

3.4

on 6/20/2015 11:08:00 AM

This mascara has a flexible wand which I do not like. It feels like a gimmick and I think its actually harder to use because the wand bends away from your eyelashes when you try to brush it on, then it flicks upwards when you pull it through making a mes of your eyelids. There is definitely volume and length, but like with many wetter mascara, I feel some of that volume is because it sticks multiple eyelashes together. I love the drama it adds, as the name states, but I just wish the brush was different and that the formula was drier. So maybe it'll get better with time as they naturally dry out a bit. Worth trying, but not all I had hoped it would be.

on 6/18/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara (waterproof version) does not have a wow factor for me. The wand is flexible and slightly weird to use. It doesn't give me the falsies effect. Held my curl like any other waterproof mascara. Clumps a bit. No volume or length. Would not repurchase

on 6/18/2015 9:01:00 AM

Curls alright. Lengthens, but doesn't volumize. For some reason, made it look like I have fewer lashes (though longer). Some days I could make it look decent, others it was big fail. No scent in this one (by comparison to Falsies Flared, that is heavily scented). Smudges after a few hours. Washes off easily. I think I'm one of those people who just don't get along with maybelline mascaras, I should stop trying.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my all time favourite mascara. I feel as though I can build my lashes up a lot with out them clumping together

on 4/17/2015 1:07:00 PM

I'm not a fan of maybelline but this mascara is okay. It gives you a dramatic look but does NOT give any volume which is very important for my lashes. Its price is soo good, you won't be disappointed if you don't expect too much.

on 4/16/2015 1:55:00 PM

I do not think I fit with Maybelline mascaras. I have tried several different kinds but I am always disappointed. One of my friend recommended this one as her favourite but for me, this did nothing. This did have a good scoop brush that is easier for me to use, but that was about it. This mascara felt dry (as most maybelline mascara does) and did not volumize my skimpy lashes either nor lengthen it. It was a bit irritating to my eyes too and this mascara flakes!!

on 4/15/2015 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When I bought this mascara I really liked. I found the brush to be of good quality and I like its curved shape which is effective a curling the lashes. I also like how black it is and the fact that it comes off so easily, yet stays put. However, fast forward two weeks the mascara is now clumpy and sticky... Sometimes it will just clump all my lashes together giving the terrifying spider legs look... My guess is that I will only have a few more uses out of it. It definitely won't last the 3 months that good quality mascaras last for. For that reason I think this mascara is not a good investment for me! Yes, it only cost 5 but after two weeks it has lost its quality and now it is only a below average mascara that sometimes clumps and looks terrible. I know that I will throw it away sometime in the next few days. Normally mascaras last me 3 months with everyday use. Or at least 2 months. But two weeks? Not a good deal. YSL mascara would work out at the same price, taking into account how much it lasts for... Yet, YSL mascaras are much better... So, no. I won't be purchasing again. I would only purchase this mascara again if it was really cheap.

It used to be my HG mascara before I found Maybelline Lash Sensational. Way better mascara, volume and length in one mascara! Don't believe me? Try it out yourself, for now i'm just using this to layer on top of other crappy mascaras to use them up. Definitely give it a try.

My favorite drugstore mascara ever-I would even be willing to bet I'm more incline to buy this than the typical expensive Dior ones I'm used to based on price. Has almost all the things I value in mascara: lengthening, thickening, dark, doesn't clump, really only need one coat. Lasts all day and even if I rub my eyed accidentally it doesn't smear too badly where I just got back from a funeral. Did not burn my eyes and good price.

on 1/23/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

it is ok nothing that special but it does nave a good formula for a more natural lash and works good with any type of fake lash but there are better mascaras out there for the price