October 21, 2014 | 1018 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies in Black Drama

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by machristeenie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the waterproof version, and I like it a lot! It holds the curl, and adds length and volume plus it's very, very black. It gave me the falsies effect too. The only reason why I gave it a 4/5 is because I noticed that it smudges after 10+ hours under humid conditions and rain. On the other hand, it's really good for night clubbing because it gives you amazing lashes - added to the fact that it doesn't smudge all night, unless if they poured drinks on you maybe after 10 hours of dancing (and good news is - it doesn't usually happen to girls, lol).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Fghtoffyrdemons

I always buy The Falsies mascara, so I tried this and it works really well but I have experienced many of my eyelashes falling out which really sucks, and it makes your lashes super hard. I have also had more irritation and tiredness in my eye area since I started using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by randomrita

When I first applied this mascara, I immediately fell in love with the length and how intensely dramatic my eyes looked afterwards. I went to work and almost EVERY DAY I got compliments on my eyes and how long my eyelashes looked- I thought it was the perfect mascara.. until I got home to see so much mascara had transferred onto my brow bone! I was so embarrassed that I had been walking around looking like that for how long? But I thought it was maybe just because it was a hot day? So I tried it again on a cooler day and nope, the same thing happened. And I hate how Maybelline formulates their waterproof mascaras, so it wouldn't be the same. What a shame. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by nigenasai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Has a very dry formula, and i dont think the flexible wand really helps me with my lashes. It makes it harder to apply on, and it doesnt go from root to tip. It does thicken your lashes each time you apply coats on, but after awhile you get a spidery affect, and your lashes start feeling sticky and heavy. The brush itself from the tube was very dry, i did see a few fibers in there, but i knew that was only to lengthen/thicken your lashes. I did not get much length from this mascara. Very good for a natural look. It doesnt do much to your lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by bluestarjcf

Not a bad mascara. It gives decent length and volume but it flakes and transfers like crazy. At the end of the day, my eyes look like racoon eyes after wearing this because my bottom lashes has transfered to under my eyes. Wouldn't buy ths again as there are plenty of better drug store mascaras out there

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by allilovemile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A good price. And waterproof. The look of it is great though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Kami98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite variation of the falsies. It always makes my lashes look thick and dark and voluminous. I don't have any problems with smudging or flaking and it also washes off easy at night. I've repurchased it several times however I haven't been seeing it in stores lately. Has anyone else had that problem?

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by holaitsstephxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this mascara very much. This is actually my first ever mascara I have bought (I have quite long and dark natural eyelashes already but I thought I should buy a mascara and see it it made a difference.) I was hoping this would be a really good mascara but I found it was really clumpy and thick. I was expecting this mascara to be better than this. If you're a fan of clumpy mascara you will like this, but if not then I don't recommend this

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by bbbrittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my HG mascaras, and the best drugstore mascara out there.
And while I'd probably be lost without it, it certainly has its problems...
Pros:
- gives my sad, stubby, blonde lashes more volume than any other mascara, as well as decent length
- incredibly buildable and mixes well with other mascaras
- gives lashes a decent amount of curl
- does a wonderful job at darkening the bases of my lashes
- separates lashes decently; doesn't stick them all together as much as other drugstore mascaras
- keeps lashes soft
cons:
- doesn't keep very well. I find myself having to repurchase every month or so
- when it goes off, which doesn't take long, it smells and congeals together
- starts to flake soon after purchasing
- wand gets all goobered up easily

I like to apply this mascara under a few coats of a tubing or a high quality mascara to reduce smudging, flakes etc. Its perfect for coating the base of my lashes, and the outer corners nicely. I'd love to give it more lippies, but it just seems to go "off" a lot quicker than any other mascaras I've used, resulting in more expense for me...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

I bought this in waterproof, but the formula isn't very waterproof. It held curl, but it ran when my sensitive eyes watered.

It's a really gloopy formula with lots of fibers sticking out . The brush is what Maybelline calls "spoon-shaped," and this one is particularly huge. The brush looks even bigger when it is glopped with 5 times more product than is necessary. I don't believe in wiping off the brush when I first take it out of the tube to remove excess before application, but this one I am wiping off excess over and over and over on the top of the tube. It's quite amazing how much excess product is on the wand. The formula is simila to high end volumizing formulas by YSL, Guerlain, etc., so even though it was glooppy, I thought I would use it to volumize since it's waterproof. As I said earlier, it does hold curl and my thin, short lashes looked pretty good. I had to spend a moderate amount of time declumping by brushing through my lashes with a spoolie. It flaked only a small amount throught the day but after half a day, my eyes teared a bit because of allergies and then I noticed that the mascara on my lower lashes were breaking down entirely. It was running a little, smudging and flaking. Definitely not tolerable for me.