August 1, 2014 | 1225 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies in Black Drama

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by allilovemile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A good price. And waterproof. The look of it is great though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Kami98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite variation of the falsies. It always makes my lashes look thick and dark and voluminous. I don't have any problems with smudging or flaking and it also washes off easy at night. I've repurchased it several times however I haven't been seeing it in stores lately. Has anyone else had that problem?

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by holaitsstephxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this mascara very much. This is actually my first ever mascara I have bought (I have quite long and dark natural eyelashes already but I thought I should buy a mascara and see it it made a difference.) I was hoping this would be a really good mascara but I found it was really clumpy and thick. I was expecting this mascara to be better than this. If you're a fan of clumpy mascara you will like this, but if not then I don't recommend this

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by bbbrittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my HG mascaras, and the best drugstore mascara out there.
And while I'd probably be lost without it, it certainly has its problems...
Pros:
- gives my sad, stubby, blonde lashes more volume than any other mascara, as well as decent length
- incredibly buildable and mixes well with other mascaras
- gives lashes a decent amount of curl
- does a wonderful job at darkening the bases of my lashes
- separates lashes decently; doesn't stick them all together as much as other drugstore mascaras
- keeps lashes soft
cons:
- doesn't keep very well. I find myself having to repurchase every month or so
- when it goes off, which doesn't take long, it smells and congeals together
- starts to flake soon after purchasing
- wand gets all goobered up easily

I like to apply this mascara under a few coats of a tubing or a high quality mascara to reduce smudging, flakes etc. Its perfect for coating the base of my lashes, and the outer corners nicely. I'd love to give it more lippies, but it just seems to go "off" a lot quicker than any other mascaras I've used, resulting in more expense for me...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

I bought this in waterproof, but the formula isn't very waterproof. It held curl, but it ran when my sensitive eyes watered.

It's a really gloopy formula with lots of fibers sticking out . The brush is what Maybelline calls "spoon-shaped," and this one is particularly huge. The brush looks even bigger when it is glopped with 5 times more product than is necessary. I don't believe in wiping off the brush when I first take it out of the tube to remove excess before application, but this one I am wiping off excess over and over and over on the top of the tube. It's quite amazing how much excess product is on the wand. The formula is simila to high end volumizing formulas by YSL, Guerlain, etc., so even though it was glooppy, I thought I would use it to volumize since it's waterproof. As I said earlier, it does hold curl and my thin, short lashes looked pretty good. I had to spend a moderate amount of time declumping by brushing through my lashes with a spoolie. It flaked only a small amount throught the day but after half a day, my eyes teared a bit because of allergies and then I noticed that the mascara on my lower lashes were breaking down entirely. It was running a little, smudging and flaking. Definitely not tolerable for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by reflectionsofasound

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'll start off by saying I love Maybelline mascara, it's my go-to brand for most eye products. I absolutely love The Falsies and have gone through three tubes. I also love the Flared version. Black Drama...not so much. I bought a tube of it back when it was first released and I really liked it, but I don't know if they changed the formula or something because the tube I bought about a month ago is horrible! It keeps smugding on my brow bone, even several hours after applying it, and I have very dry skin so it's not a case of oily lids. I've had lots of mascaras flake on me and most will smudge a little in the rain, but this stuff is unbelievable. Even with just one coat I end up with black brow bones, and that's really not the look I'm going for.

Suffice it to say, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by naturalbeautybutterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For me its a tie between this and the original, so I keep both :-)
Tiny bit cumply but it is a thick formula so you actually do not need too much.
Love this one for quick volume and extra black color.
If you like dramatic lashes and you dont have time in the morning for 3 million coats, this is your treasure! Packaging is so lovely!
Easy to remove with oil base but can we just say: black paint :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Cheap and performs like an expensive mascara. Must use two coats and lash curler after application. His stuff is dramatic. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ashtonmcckelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked this mascara. The curves brush made more of a difference than I thought it was going to. This wasn't a "wow" mascara but definitely one of the best I have used. It has a nice dark colour and makes your lashes look natural as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by monkeyr159

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's an okay mascara, but I just think there are better ones from Maybelline out there. I actually much prefer Falsies Flared and even regular Falsies to the Black Drama version.
I found the formula to be much to dry for me, and I usually like drier formula mascaras. I only opened the tube less than 3 weeks ago, and I feel like the mascara is almost completely dried out :(
Also for me, it didn't give as much volume & drama as Falsies Flared gave me. With that mascara I felt like I could build up with just that one mascara and my lashes would look really good. With this one, after 2 coats I can't really build up anymore, if I try to it just doesn't look right. So I have to do 1 coat of this, and then go over with a very volumizing mascara to get my desired effect.
I do like the dark black color, the brush shape, and that it lengthens my lashes pretty well. Also it holds a curl well and doesn't smudge (but that's probably because I use the waterproof version).
I do really love Maybelline mascaras and will probably continue to use some of their other formulas, but this would just wasn't my favorite.