April 21, 2014 | 703 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Falsies in Black Drama

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by reflectionsofasound

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'll start off by saying I love Maybelline mascara, it's my go-to brand for most eye products. I absolutely love The Falsies and have gone through three tubes. I also love the Flared version. Black Drama...not so much. I bought a tube of it back when it was first released and I really liked it, but I don't know if they changed the formula or something because the tube I bought about a month ago is horrible! It keeps smugding on my brow bone, even several hours after applying it, and I have very dry skin so it's not a case of oily lids. I've had lots of mascaras flake on me and most will smudge a little in the rain, but this stuff is unbelievable. Even with just one coat I end up with black brow bones, and that's really not the look I'm going for.

Suffice it to say, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by naturalbeautybutterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For me its a tie between this and the original, so I keep both :-)
Tiny bit cumply but it is a thick formula so you actually do not need too much.
Love this one for quick volume and extra black color.
If you like dramatic lashes and you dont have time in the morning for 3 million coats, this is your treasure! Packaging is so lovely!
Easy to remove with oil base but can we just say: black paint :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Cheap and performs like an expensive mascara. Must use two coats and lash curler after application. His stuff is dramatic. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ashtonmcckelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked this mascara. The curves brush made more of a difference than I thought it was going to. This wasn't a "wow" mascara but definitely one of the best I have used. It has a nice dark colour and makes your lashes look natural as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by monkeyr159

It's an okay mascara, but I just think there are better ones from Maybelline out there. I actually much prefer Falsies Flared and even regular Falsies to the Black Drama version.
I found the formula to be much to dry for me, and I usually like drier formula mascaras. I only opened the tube less than 3 weeks ago, and I feel like the mascara is almost completely dried out :(
Also for me, it didn't give as much volume & drama as Falsies Flared gave me. With that mascara I felt like I could build up with just that one mascara and my lashes would look really good. With this one, after 2 coats I can't really build up anymore, if I try to it just doesn't look right. So I have to do 1 coat of this, and then go over with a very volumizing mascara to get my desired effect.
I do like the dark black color, the brush shape, and that it lengthens my lashes pretty well. Also it holds a curl well and doesn't smudge (but that's probably because I use the waterproof version).
I do really love Maybelline mascaras and will probably continue to use some of their other formulas, but this would just wasn't my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Sarahsian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for a couple years now in waterproof and it never fails. One coat for a natural long look and several coats if u want something more dramatic. I've strayed a couple of times thinking maybe there were better things out there but nothing compares to the length, volume, pigment, and price of this mascara. The brush has long bristles to coat evenly and (much)shorter ones to add volume. I usually put on two coats with the longer bristles to add length with the fibers, then I'll press the shorter bristled side to the base of my outer lashes to add volume. My only issue is that the formula seems to dry up pretty quickly but at the low price it's not really an issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by mwuah908

This mascara is amaaazing! It lengthens and thickens my sparse Asian lashes. I took a lippie off because it is fairly difficult to remove unfortunately. But hey, that must mean it lasts on my lashes for a long time! This mascara is on the drier side (thumbs up in my opinion) so it really helps my lashes separate rather than clump up. Oh and because it's dry, I don't have to worry about it smearing all over my lids while drying. Please try the Falsies Black Drama :D

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Adriana2013

It really extends your eyelashes and adds a layer to it. If you apply once and then re-apply it makes a huge difference. I am very pleased with it

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

its just a good fiber mascara, tends to get better as it dries up a bit.
however, this unlike the normal falsies, gives me panda eyes. i wonder why

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by missxcow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. It lengthens more than it thickens. It does do a good job in achieving that extra oomph.