Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies in Black Drama

3.4

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my all time favourite mascara. I feel as though I can build my lashes up a lot with out them clumping together

on 4/17/2015 1:07:00 PM

I'm not a fan of maybelline but this mascara is okay. It gives you a dramatic look but does NOT give any volume which is very important for my lashes. Its price is soo good, you won't be disappointed if you don't expect too much.

on 4/16/2015 1:55:00 PM

I do not think I fit with Maybelline mascaras. I have tried several different kinds but I am always disappointed. One of my friend recommended this one as her favourite but for me, this did nothing. This did have a good scoop brush that is easier for me to use, but that was about it. This mascara felt dry (as most maybelline mascara does) and did not volumize my skimpy lashes either nor lengthen it. It was a bit irritating to my eyes too and this mascara flakes!!

on 4/15/2015 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When I bought this mascara I really liked. I found the brush to be of good quality and I like its curved shape which is effective a curling the lashes. I also like how black it is and the fact that it comes off so easily, yet stays put. However, fast forward two weeks the mascara is now clumpy and sticky... Sometimes it will just clump all my lashes together giving the terrifying spider legs look... My guess is that I will only have a few more uses out of it. It definitely won't last the 3 months that good quality mascaras last for. For that reason I think this mascara is not a good investment for me! Yes, it only cost 5 but after two weeks it has lost its quality and now it is only a below average mascara that sometimes clumps and looks terrible. I know that I will throw it away sometime in the next few days. Normally mascaras last me 3 months with everyday use. Or at least 2 months. But two weeks? Not a good deal. YSL mascara would work out at the same price, taking into account how much it lasts for... Yet, YSL mascaras are much better... So, no. I won't be purchasing again. I would only purchase this mascara again if it was really cheap.

It used to be my HG mascara before I found Maybelline Lash Sensational. Way better mascara, volume and length in one mascara! Don't believe me? Try it out yourself, for now i'm just using this to layer on top of other crappy mascaras to use them up. Definitely give it a try.

My favorite drugstore mascara ever-I would even be willing to bet I'm more incline to buy this than the typical expensive Dior ones I'm used to based on price. Has almost all the things I value in mascara: lengthening, thickening, dark, doesn't clump, really only need one coat. Lasts all day and even if I rub my eyed accidentally it doesn't smear too badly where I just got back from a funeral. Did not burn my eyes and good price.

on 1/23/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

it is ok nothing that special but it does nave a good formula for a more natural lash and works good with any type of fake lash but there are better mascaras out there for the price

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara it makes your lashes really long and last all day without flaking! Reasonably priced I prefer this to the original!

on 1/22/2015 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I used to use the original Falsies in Very Black when it was released five or so years ago, and was pleased by the results it produced. However, I grabbed a tube on sale the other day, in the Black Drama shade, and ... WOW!👍

I wear a lash primer under every mascara, to avoid flaking, and applied a few coats of Black Drama while the primer was still wet, working quickly to build dramatic volume and length. VERY dramatic, intense black, without a single clump.

The trick is to apply a few coats of the mascara, quickly, as to avoid clumping.

I ❤️ that the brush has a somewhat telescopic handle, and the tight-lined effect the product gives my lashes.

A winner for sure!

on 11/28/2014 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Falsies in Black Drama is my favorite mascara and I totally recommend using it! I have been using it ever since it came out (idk how many years ago, lol). I have very thin, but long eyelashes (probably because I'm asian, lol) and they give CRAZY length and thickness to my lashes, like that dramatic "false eyelash" look, without the glue and crap.

The only drawback is this thing CLUMPS like crazy. But a good brow brush or eyelash comb will take those out no problem! It also runs out pretty fast and I don't use it that much. I would say a bottle is good for a month with consistent use. Sparingly, maybe 3-4 months.

Price wise, this is a steal! Best place to buy it is at Target for a little more than $5+. Other stores it's almost $8.

Popular Mascaras