November 25, 2014 | 1750 users online

Skincare - Face - Frutique-Papaya Enzyme exfoliating gel

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

This is a exfoliating gel without scrub particles its a gel that sticks to the deads skin. When applied to dry face and rubbed around the dead skin will just ball up. It is comparable to a popular japanese exfoliating gel. The only con is if your face has a lot of peach fuzz/hair it will stick to the hairs and hard to remove without using a face towel and fingers to pull the clumps off. Pulling the clumps off will yank some of the hairs off. If your hands have dead skin it will stick to your hands. Other than sticking to the hairs and annoying to remove it does work. After the skin has that squeaky feel and peeling flakey skin is gone. The face is slightly red from scrubbing with a towel and but it does go away. This is less harsh in terms that it doesn't contain large exfolating particles that can irritate and cause microfine cuts in the skin and leave your skin with red peeling flakey patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by daniellemarie14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been reading a lot of reviews here so just to the people who aren't stuck on this product that's fine but keep in mind just because its not working for you doesn't mean it won't for other people. Myself like a lot of people stuffer with bad skin. I used the exfoliating gel and a few other products and after only one use my face is already improving!! My lumps are half their size and my scars are toned a little. I'm really impressed. For those who stated it dried their skin out I was told that would happen so I got the mask and the daily cream from fruitique as well! Good luck to anyone else I hope it works for you too!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't care what anybody says, I love this product. Believe me, I am very cynical when it comes to products and am not easily fooled. At first, I was a little skeptical when I bought this but even I have to admit that it works. Not all peeling gels are created equal and some are just bottles of junk. However, this one actually works.

This really exfoliates the skin. I've been using it for 6-8 months once or twice a week and have gotten very good results. It's a clear gel that smells of papaya enzymes, which has kind of a bitter scent. I wash my face, wait until it dries, then rub this on my face for about 30 seconds. In that short amount of time it thoroughly exfoliates my skin, believe it or not. Afterwards, my skin is glowing and very smooth. It has never irritated my skin or broken me out.

It's not the product balling up; it's dead skin. How do I know this? Well, I did a little experiment. I tested it on the back of my hand. The skin on my hands was very dry and really needed to be exfoliated. I used one pump on the back of my hands, massaged it in and of course TONS of dead skin came off. Okay, I rinsed, dried and repeated the process. Guess what? No dead skin the second time around! The product didn't "ball" up; it just turned to liquid. If it was the product itself balling up, then why didn't it happen the second time? You see, it only exfoliates DEAD skin cells. You can't over exfoliate with this product and that's why I love it so much. I highly recommend it to anyone, especially those with sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Don't get fooled like I did. This is not exfoliating your dead skin .Got sucked into buying this because of reading reviews on Japanese cleaners. I thought " Wow, day after day, more dead skin off. "Then I looked at Chemists Corner for information about these formulations and how they work. They said its actually the formula ingredients balling up on your skin ( the reaction takes place on skin only, not counters or books or anywhere else you try and rub it) but consumers like to believe its dead skin. Big fail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

FANTASTIC PRODUCT! Tried it last night. It's a very light watery gel. You put it on dry clean skin and rub in for 30 seconds and it instantly balls up your dead skin cells and takes them away. I rinsed it off very easily (don't know why the comments about it doesnt come off easilyl) and i felt my face. SMOOTHER THAN IT'S EVER BEEN. I have some chin acne and even smoothed that out. I also tried the Apricot Mask afterward. Two very very amazing products. It says to only use twice a week but i'm going to do it every other day and see what happens. My skin is very not sensitive. WOW! RUN OUT AND BUY THIS IMMEDIATELY! !!!!! If i could give this product 100 stars i would! It cost $10 with a coupon at Sally's. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by lostinbk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first review, but it was worth writing about. I once used a dead sea mineral exfoliant gel when I worked at the mall and got suckered into buying it. I had 3 part time jobs though and I was a lot younger, so I didn't have a solid skin care routine set up, and I didn't even end up finishing the jar. Lately my skin has been drying up and my pores are large so I looked into getting the Cure cleansing gel from Japan, because that dead sea mineral gel exfoliant worked so well!! It's 30 dollars right now on amazon, and although I've heard for the most part its worth the money, I spent an awful long time looking for a dupe. Someone from MUA pointed me to this from their Cure review. I have sensitive skin that goes between combination and dry, with redness, which is why I have been looking for something without a manual exfoliant. This did not make the redness worse, and it made my skin glow afterward. I use this at night so I don't have to worry about any increased sensitivity to the sun (even with spf care, my pale skin will turn really red in the heat). When I put on products after I use Frutique, they seem to work better, making my skin soft even upon waking. I read some reviews talking about how when the gel balled up, it would stick to hair and was a pain to get off. I didn't have that problem, but I did rinse it off fairly quickly because I read that. However, sometimes my skin will have a bit of tackiness afterward, but it goes away immediately after I put my night cream on my damp face. Hope this helped :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by RoCoco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd been reading up on Japanese skincare recently, and enjoying the results, so I thought I'd give this (cheaper) product a try before buying the Cure stuff others have mentioned.

I got sucked in because Sally's had a buy 1, get 1 on the Frutique line, so I got the cleanser and the exfoliator. Turns out I liked them both so well I got more exfoliator gel and the rest of the line, LOL!

For me, the exfoliating gel is a bit rough for my face, but it's perfect for my elbows and upper arms, my hands, my chest, feet, legs and other bits that need a bit of exfoliating that aren't quite as sensitive.

I rub it on before I get in the shower, then rinse and rub gently with a puff to get it off, then get on with the rest of my shower.

The main thing I notice is that the product tends to ball up around strands of hair, so if you've got a peach-fuzzy face like me, it might be a bit of a hassle. (Most of the hair on my face is translucent, pretty much invisible unless you look REALLY closely in the mirror. Hard to see, but there.) I think, for me, the irritation from the product is related to all the hair pulling that seems to be an inevitable result of removing the little balls of product. I could be wrong, and as I say, I'll mostly be using this on parts of my body that aren't quite so prone to redness, so it won't really be an issue.

Another thing: Do NOT get this stuff in your hair! Mine's pretty long, and when I got a bit of product on it, it was kind of hard to remove, in fact, I had to work pretty hard to rinse it away. Definitely not something I want to repeat.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lyfegoes

I initially really liked this product. The first 2/3 times it was great! My skin was smooth, glowing and soft to touch. After using it for about 2 weeks my OILY skin was becoming dry and tight =( I was using this 2/3 time a week.

This product does last a long time, and the packaging is easy to use nice pump bottle however it is just too harsh for my skin and is not all that natural. I think this would be good for people that don't have sensitive skin. You certainly get exfoliation, a little too much! I switched over to a actual natural product. Indian Glow-ubtan( see my review on Indian Glow Face and Body Exfoliator- Ubtan) This is a few dollars more but works wonders as if u were getting professional facials every week.

Bottom line: This is a good exfoilator, but if you have sensitive skin I would not recommended because it exfoliates too much and it's a bit harsh. If your skin is not as sensitive I think this is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

what a cool ptoduct. i bought this yesterday at sallys after asking the sales associate for a good exfoliator for my face. I ended up buying it, bringing it home and using it right away to see what all the hype was about. I loved it! it got rid of dead skin i was convinced i didnt even have- sering as though just shortly before i washed my fave with an exfoliating cleaner and i used my nutregena wave. Found out there was a whole lot more dead skin still there... was amzing how the product worked. Afterward, my skin was glowing, and it was extremely soft. I am giving this product 4and lippies because trying to get all the dead skin shedding off your face is more work than what it seems. i had to take an exfoliating sponge to get it all off- some of the skin was ultra stuburn to get off... and it took longer than what i would normally take for another exfoliant. overall its a great product and i would highly recommend it to other viewers! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a dupe for the Japanese product Cure. After searching for about a year for a product that works like Cure (without the $40 price tag), I read some reviews that pointed me to Frutique. I just bought it today for about $14 and I can say that it does work the same. The only difference I can tell is that it very sticky. I have to wash my face again after using this. But totally worth it!