January 30, 2015 | 1982 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation (Dewy + Smooth)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 9:04:00 PM More reviews by MelissaAnn28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favourite foundation. Many reviews that I've read complain about the lack of coverage, but I think that the coverage is perfect. I don't have to use much concealer as this foundation covers up any redness and any other imperfections on my face, and leaves an even, healthy glow.

I have found that this product leaves a slippery finish, which means I need to use a powder foundation on top as I wear glasses throughout the day. It's also very difficult to blend around the top of my eyebrow area, however it easily blends anywhere else.
It has a strong sunscreen smell to it and is a little orange toned (I have the shade 115 'Ivory'), but it looks fine on my face after blending. It feels very soft on the skin.

I don't have any complaints about the packaging. I don't need a pump to get the right amount of foundation - I only pour out the size of the circular hole on top and then dot the product around my face and blend with a brush, this way I get the perfect amount each time.
I'll definitely continue to buy this product!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2015 3:16:00 PM More reviews by NelStar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

90% of the time I use MAC Pro Longwear foundation and I use a NC30. The other 10% I use a stick foundation. I have normal skin. I picked up Fit Me foundation to take advantage of a buy two promotion (I was getting an Age Rewind Concealer as well) at the drugstore and I am a bit indifferent about the product.

Color: I purchased 202, and the color is a great match for my NC30 medium skin. It is yellow based. No problems in the color department.

Consistency and feel: This is a pretty runny foundation, and yes and no pump - but that is not a deal breaker for me. It goes on pretty quickly but has a strange dewy texture that seems to takes a long time to dry down.

Wear: Fit Me looks great when just applied, but throughout the day I start to notice I get a bit oily or the finish changes on me. With the other foundations I use I do not notice this at all nor do I have to powder my face. I find this to be annoying.

Overall: I won't buy this again but the colormatch is good and I will use it up as it looks ok slapped on with my Sigma angled face brush. The finish/eventual oiliness is a big turn off. Glad this ended up being $5 (with my promo).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2015 12:51:00 AM More reviews by thebriggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this foundation. I wanted to at least like it. I can say that I am not pleased at all with this stuff. Let me go through the pros and cons.

Pros:
Good color match
Good for light coverage days
Inexpensive

Cons:
Messy bottle
Sticky, goopy and gross
Creases and settles into lines
Looks awful when applied with a brush

I do like the color. It's great for me and my warm undertones. It is meant to be a light to medium coverage I think. I didn't dare try to build it up because it felt incredibly heavy, sticky and just icky on my face. It creased before I was even done applying the rest of my makeup. I just couldn't get over the fact that this creased immediately and felt like a glob of gak on my skin. Remember gak? I'm going to keep trying it out (it's only been a week) and see if I can get it to work. But I don't think it's going to happen.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2015 8:04:00 PM More reviews by EleanorJ1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very runny, and there's not a pump which means mess. There shades are great, lots of selection. I have moderately dry skin, and this made me look like I was the oiliest person in the world, even with a powder I eventually looked oily. It takes forever to dry, and even if you put a small amount you can feel it on your skin. Won't buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2015 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Unicorny101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have any sort of oily skin, or its summertime, or problematic skin that needs lots of coverage forget about this foundation. I used this back when I had oily combo skin and it was summer in Florida -- very bad decision because it wouldn't cover my dark acne scars and would slip and slide within 3 hours. Now I love this foundation because I have super dry skin due to topical acne prescription. The packaging could use a pump, that's my only complaint on the packaging because it's a cheaply priced product which is good. This foundation works best with people with fairly nice but dry skin and would like a some extra coverage and a fresh dewy/glowy look! The overall coverage on this would be medium IF you built it up, but honestly I think its a sheer foundation comparable to a BB cream coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2015 9:56:00 AM More reviews by squeezelime

Well I think you get what you pay for...this is a cheap foundation and it sees. First of all it smells very chemical and you can really feel it while you are wearing it. Secondly you can feel that you have something on your skin, it does not feel like a smooth and flawless foundation that caresses you skin, it is really heavy and it clumps on the skin, it gets in the wrinkles and it is kind of sticky too. Even though it has a pretty good coverage for a budget foundation, it`s like medium to full coverage, it does not last, after a couple of hours if you have imperfections on your skin they will show. I would definitely not buy this product again and I don`t think that I will finish it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2015 12:36:00 PM More reviews by SaintMadeleine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a good foundation. Nothing much special about it... except I guess the colour range for a "drugstore" brand.
However, the colour was too yellow toned for my skin as they always are. If you can work around it, it is (again) a good day-to-day foundation.

Ps: my pump was hard to work with because i think it was broken from the start.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Melissa151

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really really like this foundation. I have been wearing it everyday since I got it . I have dry skin and it definitely works for me. It doesnt oxidize on me and lasts a long time with primer. I just really like the finish .. Doesn't look caked or flaky or powdery (which manyyyyy do on me) . My only gripes are .. No pump. So I make a total mess and waste a lot... And that I am in between colors 115 and 125 ( colors ending in 5 are pinky toned and work best for me) ... 125 is a little too dark and 115 is ALOT lighter for one shade down so I mix me together or try to bronze my neck to use the darker. Def buying again !!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 8:22:00 AM More reviews by mtl4817

I really like this foundation. Like a lot of people, I've tried all the expensive ones only to find then okay, lacking or just expensive. This one does everything right. I have oily/combo/sensitive skin and it does well in me. I did have some issues but a new pressed powder has fixed the shine problem. It goes on smooth, no resting in lines or highlighting dry spots. It doesn't separate. I don't know why it has such a low rating. It is great and for the price, it is worth going to try it out. I am an NC25/C30 and am using the 210.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 11:22:00 PM More reviews by NumbersInAction

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate.

Seriously though - Maybelline Fit Me foundation is my HG foundation. I can say that even after having spent hundreds on high end foundations, MAC, Nars, Estee Lauder, etc. , nothing compares to this.

It applies so ridiculously easily. It blends like a dream. It is a very runny consistency but I have no problems at all working with it. Once you blend it, the formula itself disappears in seconds and leaves a flawless finish. It is buildable too. The coverage is good but I suspect you could get higher coverage foundations, but I just don't want to! This stuff is too good.

It leaves the most wonderful dewy glowy finish. I have oily/normal skin, yet it's not a problem. I apply with or without primer, doesn't make a whole lot of difference, and I lightly powder over the top. Every single other foundation I have EVER tried starts to go a bit patchy around my chin and mouth by around midday. That is, except for Fit Me. I was blown away by that.

It is wonderfully affordable too. I think I have it in about 6 different colours, which sounds completely mad, but it is because I have covered every stage of a tan!

There are only 2 criticisms I have.

1. It is just a touch too warm in tone, even the very lightest colour, when I am at my palest.

2. The packaging sucks because of the lack of a pump.

Nonetheless, Fit Me, you are my HG.