November 28, 2014 | 1889 users online

Mascara - Giorgio Armani - Eyes to Kill - Excess Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very good product -- actual rating, 4.5.

I've had a box of this sitting here for almost 6 months, but I've been completely smitten with Guerlain's Cils d'Enfer, so it just sat. (I bought it during Nordies annual mascara promotion.)

Currently, the Guerlain is my favorite, and this tube of Eyes To Kill -- Excess hasn't changed my mind. There's nothing wrong with this mascara, and it's pretty much what you would, and should, expect in this price point.

Pros:

-- Good amount of drama without a lot of work.
-- Deep black.
-- No flaking.
-- No smudging.
-- Great wear.

The Cons are only in respect to my experience with the Guerlain -- ETKE doesn't hold the curl as well, and it's a bit more defined. The Guerlain has more of a full, feathering effect, volume and length and definition. I find the GA to be more defined, lash by lash. It's the difference between high end spider lashes (though that's an extreme if illustrative comment) and high end false lashes in a tube.

This is nitpicking, for certain. But when you're paying 30 dollars for a tube of mascara, it's all about the nitpicking, isn't it? That's what separates the beauty junkies from those who are happy with a good wearing mascara that doesn't bust the budget, and those willing to plunk down a good chunk of change for a product that we will be taking off in under 24 hours, only to do it all over again.

This is a fine product, and holds it's own against YSL's Faux Cils, Lancome's Oscillation, and even the Guerlain. (I've never had success with Chanel mascaras, they simply do nothing for me; and I left Dior mascaras a long time ago.)

So, I have nothing horrible to write about this: it's a great date, and a perfectly decent tube. But since I met Guerlain, not marriage material.

Still besotted with Cils d'Enfer at this time. Better curl hold, better overall effect.

And Guerlain's pretty gold tube is just icing on a better wedding cake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

HG, need it more than air material right here.

I've read lots of good review about the Eyes To Kill mascara (mainly makeupbytiffanyd and also this website) but sadly, it's hard to find retailers in Canada.
Luckily, the Sephora at West Ed carries it so I was like "gimme!"

paying $38 CAD for a tube of beaut sleek black mascara may seem outrageous. But once you try it, there ain't no going back.

It's super black and a bit on the wet side, doesn't goop up at the end too much. The brush is thick and has natural bristles, in sort of an hourglass shape with a thinner middle.
One coat gives you lush, long feathery lashes. Two or three and you will have falsies without the work.

Even though it's not waterproof, it will last a night of clubbing and whatnot.

If you can afford it, you should splurge for sure! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Tattiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far it's my favorite mascara. I got a sample of it first, tried it and was amazed. This mascara gives volume, length and a very nice look to my eyelashes. Doesn't clump. So I went and bought one. Kinda pricey, but no pain no gain :) Nice packaging btw. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by ocmommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it! Builds volume without getting clumpy, dries glossy and not crunchy, and doesn't flake or leave panda eyes. Smells nice, and it like the click when you close the tube. Perfect!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

for the price paid I was very disappointed with this mascara... packaging is nice, scent is nice, pigment is nice but it fails to deliver results for me personally anyway... I find that it gives clumpy spidery thick lashes idk if its the formulas thick consistency or the fact that the brush's bristles are totally spaced out too much...maybe a combination of both but it also left tiny bits of flaking under my eyes throughout the day.. I had previously tried eyes to kill waterproof and thought it was good but wanted to opt for a regular formula and was told this was the latest and greatest of the eyes to kill mascaras.. not so much. It gives decent volume and a bit of length but clumps along the way and adds no curl whatsoever. I think i'm gonna just exchange it and go back to the regular eyes to kill coz as far as I'm concerned this was a fail and I didn't just spend $30 on a clumpy mascara:/

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by haruhii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The mascara formula is a nice dark color and a little thicker than other mascaras. It does a good job adding volume and length but the thicker formula makes it tend to clump just a little. The wand is rather large so it may take some getting used to applying it properly. Also, after about 6-8 hours, I noticed some mascara flaking under my eye area. One of the flakes got into my eye and drove me insane the other day. While the mascara isn't bad, for the price I would expect it to perform better. The slight clumping doesn't bother me as much as the flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by knicks

I'll always go back to using eyes to kill but recently, I've decided to try the excess and brought no. 1 Black and no. 3 Blue. So far, it has not smudged and I love how it holds up as well as it gave me length and volume to my short spare straight lashes. I would definitely recommend this mascara. My HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the container (which has great weight to it) and the smell (I find it identical to Lancome mascaras smell). But it flakes by the end of the day and it does not give me any volume. It does separate my lashes (which are pretty long to beging with) and color them black. That's all. Will not repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by nnovak006

This is my HG mascara. There isn't a single thing I would change! It's that great! I have long sparse eyelashes and this mascara is the best. It makes my eyelashes longer and thicker without clumping. I can put two coats of this on with cils booster Xl underneath with no problems at all. The packaging is super chic and heavy. I get compliments all the time, and people think I'm wearing falsies! Seriously you have got to try this mascara. I have tried so many but keep coming back to Giorgio. On a side note the giorgio armani maestro foundation is amazing as well.

Update: So recently I've been having trouble with my eyes and I thought it was my contacts irritating them but it was actually this mascara. I was experiencing really red eyes and lots of irritation and it was some kind of reaction to GA Eyes to Kill :( I have had to discontinue use so beware if you develop eye irritation....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is a 3.5 for me - I LOVE the packaging, and the mascara is a deep glossy black, but the effects are less stellar than Diorshow, Diorshow Exces and Clinique High Impact, so I wouldn't rebuy. At first I was impressed, but after using a few times I've realised that this doesn't actually do much for lengthening and doesn't build amazing volume either. I'm actually using it up for work and it's ok but it's definitely not HG material for me. Having said that, a friend tried this and loves it so each to their own!