Kevin Murphy Powder Puff

4.2

on 6/15/2014 8:45:00 PM

I have thick long hair. I dont apply any heat and I was looking for solution to add volume.
My friend a hair stylist recommended it to me. I was quite skeptical but I got it anyway.
Its very light, cute pink packaging with the holes in the smiley shape.
The powder is very fine, white and feel quite weird.
I put it into rows on right and left between the middle of my hair. I apply it stright from the packaging and then I tousle it. It totally works. Hair feels a little weird, not very nice in touch and the scent isnt noticeable.
The volume is really nice considering that I have a lot of hair. Each time I tousle it again during the day it goes up again. Again, again and again. All day like that.
I would definitely recommend it

on 8/10/2013 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings on Kevin Murphy's Powder Puff. I was slightly reluctant to try it as I've tried some other KM products and have been pretty disappointed by the results they give. I've heard a lot of good things about PP and saw an instructional video for how to use it so I thought I'd give it a try. First off the Pros:
- gave decent volume around the crown of my hair
- was easy to apply and work with
- no strong smell (I dislike hair / skin products with a strong fragrance)
- washed out cleanly
- even though the powder is white it absorbed fast and disappeared into my hair

And the Cons:
-volume only lasted a few hours
- my hair felt sticky and I could feel that I had a lot of product in my hair
- I had to use quite a lot of it to get any noticeable volume
- it only created volume around the crown of my hair, the rest of my hair looked flat
- it's expensive

Overall I felt that it didn't really perform the way a $25 professional grade product should perform. Expensive doesn't always necessarily mean better!

on 12/4/2012 8:54:00 PM

I have fine, color-treated hair. I like this Powder Puff better than Osis powder because the volumizing lasts longer. With Osis I was getting a sticky dirty feeling in my hair after one day. But the Powder Puff actually seemed to clean my oily roots and the volume lasts for days! I would buy again.

on 4/24/2012 2:55:00 AM

I am amazed by this! The first product that actually does what it is meant to do!!

I don't like that it feels liquid like when rubbing, but I'll deal with it.

I did a youtube review and demonstration on it...

on 12/10/2010 1:19:00 AM

I'm a little disappointed with this product. Here's a bit of background - I love products like this - powders which you can sprinkle onto your hair to give it some 'guts' and volume. I've previously used Aveda's version, as well as Osis Dust it (which I much prefer). Compared to Dust it, Powder puff's powder is finer. As a result, you need to use a lot of it to achieve a noticeable result - I find myself sprinkling in heaps to get the same result that one 'shake' of Dust It gives. Furthermore, this product costs much more than Dust It. The effect is great though - I sprinkle it onto dry hair at the roots, mess it up a bit and get good volume. The packaging is also very cute! I'll return to Osis once I use this up.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Domestic Divinity - Kevin Murphy Powder Puff Volume - How to Create Volume Tutorial + HAIR! by TheSlavSlav