August 30, 2014 | 1182 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Play Intense

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by probeautyxx

I got this scent for Christmas from my parents and at first I didn't like it because it starts off to strong. But it settles in and creates a sort of musky scent.. I have many musky perfumes so this was ok for me. One day I decided to try mixing it with Some of my other perfumes and I mixed it with Honey by Mark Jacobs and for ten Minutes it's just ok but then it settles in and creates a sweet heavenly scent that is not overpowering or irritating and it's so longlasting. I'm pretty impressed. I'm not going to be picking out notes for you since a lot of people have already done that and I'm not very good at it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Dolce7vita

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance. I can't tell you much about the 'notes', but a lot of the reviews here already did that successfully. What I can tell you is that every single time I wear it, someone tells me how good I smell. I've also been told that this scent reminds people of men's cologne, except with a feminine touch. I know that sounds weird, but I thought it might give you an idea of how deep and sandalwood-y this fragrance is. My current favorite fragrance!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by lamis86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have always been a fan of Givenchy perfumes and this one is a favorite.It is very sexy,woody and long lasting.
Can be worn all year round in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by aljeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Meh. I received this as a gift from my bf last Christmas. I was with him testing out scents and actually preferred the regular "Play" to the "Play Intense" but he really liked this one. Something in it (I'm no good at picking out notes) reminds me of Hot Couture (which I really love!). I don't hate or dislike this perfume, but it doesn't do much for me. I could take it or leave it and find myself wishing I had something I really liked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a really nice fragrance. Top notes include pink peppercorn, white peach and orange blossom, followed by the heart of magnolia, Tiare flower and orchid, wrapped with the base of sandalwood, patchouli, tonka bean and benzoin. It kind of reminds me of Dior Addict in a way. Very sexy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Play for Her Intense is much better than the Original version. It has a very sexy, fun and sensual aroma that my boyfriend loves on me. I don;t really like it when I first Put it on (It's too alcohol/Flowery) but after it's warmed up to my body it takes on the woody florals with a moderate musky scent. It's not my favorite perfume but it's a good daily wear scent mainly because after about 3 hours, I can't smell it on me. But others, if they get close can smell it. The drydown is pretty ubtle, not the typical powdery smell like a lot of perfumes lately, it retains it's muskiness as the day goes on. Overall, I give it a 4. One of the better new scents put out by the big houses lately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whe i first saw this fragrance i thought it was a little odd that they would release two versions of the same fragrace at the same time. Well guess what? They are not the same fragraces. Both fragrances have the same notes as each other but the concentrations notes in Play Intense are in different and more stronger levels than in Play. To me Play Intense smells like pure Campho Phenique.....high high high on the level of patcholi as compared to Play. Wonderful sweet florals start to bloom later on and interact on a bewitching level with the patcholi. Both Play and Play Intense stand on their own merits as awesome scents so make an effort to try both fragrances. You'll be glad you did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

The packaging is a little confusing. I've seen a tester bottle completely broken, and there was no way to fix it. The top is actually attached and cannot be removed, if you do that then it will not be repaired. I love this and I was so surprised by it. It works so well with my chemistry. I prefer stronger perfumes, and the original Play seems like a basic fruity floral. Those bore me... While this isn't terribly complex, the combination of notes smells really good. I would say this is overall a softly fruity floral amber woods perfume. Amber and woods with a good balance. I keep thinking about it... and think I'll go back and get a bottle. I'm a fan of Givenchy perfumes, and this is a good one. It's flirty and sensual without being heavy or cloying. And I now love the bottle because it's cute and modern. Justin Timberlake did not influence this review btw.