October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by EmilyProbyn

I bought this maximum cover foundation as I had already been wearing the Estee Lauder double wear foundation but had run out. I am in love with double wear however, I decided to try something new as I am 19 with the odd spot here and there and some red/pink pigmentation and I was out to find the perfect FULL coverage foundation to leave my skin looking flawless.

Well I was pleasantly surprised by Maximum Cover. I was frightened it would leave me with a major caked up looking face but it delivered in terms of providing full coverage without the cakeyness. It gave me an almost barbie doll like complexion, absoloutely 100% flawless Seems to be too good to be true? Well it was slightly..

I took off one mark for this due to its oxidisation problems, it did when fully dry go slightly orangey on my skin. Another thing to consider is that this foundation takes a lot of work to look fully natural. Some form of blusher and slight bronzer/powder may be needed to avoid looking dull, as it makes skin all one tone. It also has little oil control, in fact I found it made me a little oilier than usual, maybe because its so heavy my pores were fighting against it with my natural oils!

All in all this is a good full (i mean full) coverage foundation and is good for anyone who has scarring, hyper pigmentation, moles, freckles etc. that they want to cover. Also great for photography as no white shades appear on the face from SPF. For me, in hindsight it probably made me realise my skin would have been better with something a little less like double wear rather than such heavy coverage foundation, but hey all girls my age feel the need for perfection however it made me realise I actually quite like the flaws in my skin and thats what makes me, me!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by lilanaomi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation as a sample and I was really excited to try it out. i applied it with my Dior foundation brush which makes all foundation glide on like a dream (which I would expect for £40 anyway!) I tried it in the lightest colour which is creamy Ivory.

So I really liked it when I first applied it, looked like a good colour and it did cover everything, my skin looked flawless and it even covered my horrible, horrible under eye circles which I use heavy concealer for. A few hours went by and I was still really happy with the feel of the foundation, it was heavy but it didn't feel like a mask!

And then I looked in the mirror, my face was ORANGE! I'm not really really pale, I'm an NC20 in Mac and my skin has yellowish tones. My face and neck were completely different colours, it had all caked up and in some areas it had gone a weird grey colour. I have never had this with any foundation, I've had foundations that I havent 'felt' but never ever this. I had to walk around in the busy public for the rest of the day feeling like an idiot and I could see girls staring at me like 'what is wrong with her skin?'.

Such high hops and I'm so so disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by bnavarro

This is very heavy it is maximum coverage so expect something very heavy. My mom has nice skin but dark spots and this made her skin look so caked up. Its just to heavy she looked better without it. I tried it and didn liked it feels like a mask. thumbs down!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lhs21

This is amazing. I have dry acne prone skin and this was perfect. It didn't break me out or cause irritation. It covered my acne scars so well. I used it for 2 years until they discontinued the lightest shade:( I was heartbroken. I was advised at the counter to swap for stay in place foundation but it's never going to be as good as this. If they bring out the lightest shade again I will buy 20 bottles :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Depthless

If you are looking for full coverage, look no more. This product covers up all my imperfections. I have acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out. I wear this foundation everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I LOVE, and I mean obsessively LOVE this foundation a lot. So much so that I have always been going back to it since I first tried it (5 years ago). This covers every imperfection effortlessly; it is full coverage but the liquid has such a lightweight consistency it makes the skin feel like it has NOTHING on it. I have oily/combo skin and believe me, this lasts hours on end on my face and makes it look poreless, soft, flawless. It is the only foundation I've worn were people have complimented on my skin rather than complimented my makeup.
I've always thought packing on powder after applying foundation was the way to control oil during the day. I was so wrong (and so cakey!). I have found I can actually TRUST this foundation to do it's thing when it comes to staying matte and controlling shine on my face.
The routine I've found that works best with this foundation is: 1. Dab tiny dots of this foundation over your face very SPARINGLY; 2. Use a flat top buffing brush to blend all over your face softly; 3. LIGHTLY dust a little powder over the T-zone with a powder brush; 4. Apply rest of makeup!
I have SO many skin problems I thought packing on foundation and powder was the only way to make it flawless. I was so wrong! I use the steps I mentioned earlier and it's like I have new skin.
If you want to splurge on a high end foundation please do so on this one. I guarantee you won't regret it!
I have wasted money on foundations made by Lancôme, Kat Von D, Dermablend, Dior, etc. and they got nothing on this one! Love, love, adore!

PS: I know this product has been slightly reformulated and repackaged. And this may sound weird to you but I really think it has been improved. My shade (Creamy Vanilla) used to have a weird grey cast when applied, and the formula used to be thicker and heavier; Not anymore! It looks beautiful on my skin and no breakouts!

PS: JC Penney department stores are selling it for $60 an ounce whilst Sears has the fair price, $37. Careful!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict6

I like this foundation but I will not be repurchasing. Hear me out. It is high coverage, though unable to completely cover my sun spots / freckles but it does a good job of covering up other imperfections you may have, be it red spots or pimple scar/mark. It sets matte too, so powder is not necessary. As with all their Double Wear products, it is very long wearing. However, I think that this foundation may be more suitable for those with oily skin as the consistency is very thick, it can be too drying for people with combination skin - like myself.

My final thoughts :
Coverage : 4/5
Moisture factor : 2/5 (Perhaps you can pair this foundation with a hydrating primer?)
Long Wearing : 4/5

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Seashellbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is awwwweesomeee. I bought it for my senior prom and had used it for a long time afterwards; since it lasts foreverrr. A little goes a long long way, that's for sure. It makes your skin (body or face) look flawless, which would make it the perfect foundation. But to be honest it was a little too thick for me for a daily use. I usually like the more natural dewy look. But this is a beautiful foundation and you'll love it. Definitely worth to at least try- get a sample before you buy if you want.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by stephaniedubbioso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this one on accident thinking this was the double wear my friend was telling me about. Gives amazing coverage and makes my face look FLAWLESS around my nose and forehead. But I had to take off two because no matter how quickly I blend it, no matter what I use to blend with and no matter if I use a primer/ moisturiser... It always turns out patchy around my cheeks, and the sides of my face. It dries so quickly on the face so you have to be quick. Shame it didn't work for me because I really did love the finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by brindadhillon

This foundation is amazing for all skin types. i have normal skin and i have little bit of redness around my nose and little of scarring but girls this foundation will cover anything on your face flawlessly!! it is full coverage foundation! and it sets very quickly so you may want to apply it in small sections and blend it really good. i know i will not have any problems if i don't set it with powder but still i do set it with rimmel's translucent powder. little amount goes a loooong way! this tube will last aa long time. it goes on so smooth and creamy and flawless. i apply it with my clean fingers but i'm still gonna try it with a buffing brush. i love it. once i ran out of it ...i'm gonna try the estee lauder double wear foundation the one that comes in glass bottle. anyways my shade is Medium/Deep in this one. this foundation won't set in ur fine lines or anything of that sort. i sometimes use it as a concealer also under my eyes and this doesn't set in my fine lines. it an amazing product. person who has lots scarring or redness i would really suggest this foundation for you!
AWESOME PRODUCT!!!!