July 24, 2014 | 1883 users online

Liquid - Vapour Organic Beauty - Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by coyote21

I ordered a sample kit of several shades. I wanted to love this foundation for its gentle ingredients, as I have sensitive skin and am allergic to several preservatives. However, I have light skin with strong yellow undertones, and there is no color match for me in this foundation. The light/medium shade, which is described as appropriate for neutral/yellow/olive undertones, is both too dark and not yellow enough for my skin. None of the light shades are made for warm undertones. In addition, the foundation has a very strong scent to it, somewhat like sandalwood or patchouli, and it does not fade with wear. The foundation does apply smoothly and looks natural otherwise. I do appreciate the ingredients the company uses, but just wish that there was a greater range of shades to select from.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I enjoy using this foundation because I find it to be very nourishing and it offers excellent coverage for those of us who do not want to look like a pancake face. I have oily skin and I am always torn between foundations that supposedly have a mattifying effect that only serve to emphasize my very fine lines/pores and foundations that end up making my face look like a grease ball by the end of the day. This foundation is somewhere in the middle. I have to say, I do need to blot this foundation midday or else I do look really shiny, but that was something predictable because of my oily skin. I really think that the coverage is pretty opaque without looking cakey (probably because of the oil content). Now, my major complaint is that their marketing team needs to be honest about the color selection. I purchase both S90 and S100 and both of those colors are significantly darker than the color swatches provided on the website. They show a ghostly pale girl as an S90 (like myself) and that is simply not the color of S90. I cannot say I see that I see the pink overtone that some people complain about, but I can see that the lightest shade is at least a shade darker than me so my routine is now blend, blend, blend. I love the texture that my skin has, even though I have to blot throughout the day. I blend this right up under my eyes and it does not even crease throughout the day. That has never been the case with any other foundation that I have used. Overall, I think this is a fabulous foundation, although I took off a lippie for the color misrepresentation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by neuroticyours

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really hated this foundation. i ordered number 135 which i thought would work with my tanned skin with yellow undertones. It pretty muck looks as if i had painted my face bright orange for halloween as part of a pumpkin costume, not for use in public at all. And the smell!It was the most lingering moldy rotten smell possible. Just stay away from this product, its money down the drain!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by tktt0423

For my combination skin with medium pores and little wrinkles, this product works well. I agree with others that the coverage is minimal unless you dab on additional layers of the product. For best results, dot miniscule amount of the product onto your skin, then spread with your fingers. The heat will literally melt the liquid (which has a thick consistency) into the skin.
I do not think that a close up view of my face improves with the use of this foundation, but from double the arms length distance, my face glows and looks more even than before.
The scent is patchouli like, and makes me think of a good old organic food co-op. I think the old scent (fruitier) was much nicer, but if changing the scent helps the company export the product, be it so.
Color match was good - especially because it is so sheer. I am usually a light to medium, and I purchased the S123 - light/medium skin with neutral/yellow/olive undertone. I tan easily, and this color is a good match for my Winter pale complexion.
The skin felt bare and weightless the whole day without getting dry nor oily. If you're curious, I suggest you first try the samples from the website ($15 for five sample, I think) and see if this would work for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Fey84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried a lot of natural, organic type foundations and this foundation is in my opinion one of the best ones in the market. It is expensive...however, when i look at the ingredients, i can see why it is priced at that price point. I wish they had more colors for darker tones. it seems there are lots of shades of beige and not enough shades of brown, since for example there is such a big difference between 130 and 160 and not as much of a difference in 100 and 125. However, this is a problem with many of the major cosmetic companies.
The good thing about this foundation is that it is sheer, leaves a bit of a glow to your face and people cant tell that you are wearing foundation. But the downside of that is, if you have blemishes/dark marks, they will not be hidden. I personally dont mind this because i like more of a natural face, but if you like your face to be beat to perfection, this is probably not the foundation for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by saraevamaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel very mixed about this product. My skin type -- acne-prone, oily, yet easily dried-out.

pros: It really does impart a beautiful, lit-from-within glow to the skin without being at all shiny. It feels nice to apply and does not seem to clog my pores or cause breakouts. Blends well with natural skin color even though it isn't a precise match (I'm pale but not quite porcelain and have neutral undertones. I have S115.)

cons: If I don't set it with a powder it comes off too easily. But when I set it with a powder much of a lit-from-within glow subsides, which somewhat defeats the purpose of using this precise foundation. Even though it blends well I would prefer a closer match to my natural skin. The one I have is too pinky for me, but I'm not pale enough to bump up to the more porcelain shade. If I put on only a little my moisture level is just right but the coverage is only light, whereas I want medium. If I put on enough to give medium coverage I tend to get too oily.

Bottom line: I think this product would be great for someone who tends to stay very dry all the time or someone who's a little oilier but who barely wants any coverage. My skin is weird and gets either oily or dry (I've been working on balancing my hormones for years!) I don't plan to re-purchase it for now because I don't think it's giving me quite what my skin needs, but as I test out other natural foundation options I will consider repurchasing in the future if I don't find one I like more. The ingredients are great and the formula quality is clearly very high. I would definitely recommend to others with more suitable skin types.

Related note - the packaging is good functionally speaking, but a little on the tacky side for an expensive (for my budget) product. I'd much rather that companies spend their money on great formulations than packaging so it doesn't bother me, but Vapour Markets the brand as a luxurious line without providing luxurious packaging. I mention this only because some customers care deeply about packaging look/feel.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Jkorl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is without a doubt the OILIEST product I have ever used! For a company that does not sell powder this is just ridiculous. I did my research and this is is supposed to be the most amazing all natural, product out there with rave reviews from Jessica Alba, Kimberly Snyder, Prevention Magazine and numorous natural beauty websites. It's supposed to be full coverage but It just slides all over your face right off problem areas and right into wrinkles! At $50 + shipping someone should warn you! When I have used a high quality powder(Laura Mercier, Smashbox, Pure Minerals) with it I was constantly re-applying and it still looked disgusting (& the amount of powder I have to use clogs my pores and breaks me out). Also, the oder process took forever because they were always out of stock and never contacted me as promised when the product finally became available. I was so excited to order this but I could not be more disappointed with Vapour Organic Beauty and Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by reginaratchet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for an organic, all natural makeup line for a while now. I was using 100% pure but they are never in stock so I am now looking for another. I chose the soft focus foundation because it said it was for combination or oily skin and I have combination, but some spots are VERY oily.

I started with their primer the Stratus Instant Skin Perfector. This foundation felt really nice going on, however, almost immediately after it was like I could feel a layer on top of my skin. It also caked a bit after putting translucent powder over it. It made my dry areas of my face dryer and looked cracked. I don't have many wrinkles (I'm only 29), however the little fine ones that I do have were more prominent. It also has this terrible smell (perfume) that would not go away all day.

The only positive think about this foundation is that it did not make me break out and it made my skin feel sort of soft, but that could have been the primer. I would not purchase again. Actually, I will not use it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Based on the website's description of the color choices, I went with S125. I'm around NC25/NC30 in coloring and this color was described as a medium warm shade with yellow undertone. Sounds perfect!

WRONG! It was so orange. I applied it once, while I was at home and never left the house, just to see if I could make the color work by blending into my skin but uhhhh, no. I also hate the formulation. it applied patchy and dry.

Returning this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Musja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely hate this foundation. I've spent $17.30 on 5 generous samples (Sephora sized) and this is the worst money spent because I cannot even use these samples. It is extremely oily and tacky, it just never dries out on your face, it just sits on top of your skin and if you even slightly touch your face it wipes off. Because it is super oily (imagine applying olive oil all over your face oily) it causes breakouts. Don't even get me started on the scent - plain disgusting, it smells like went bad broccoli oil or patchouli. I usually don't mind smell in skincare or cosmetics as long as it's a pleasant one.
If after all this you still want to try this out let me give you some tips on colors as they are much darker than what you would expect from the web description.
S090 = NW15, s100 = NW17, s110 = NW20 all with strong pink undertones
s115 = NW/NC25 with neutral undertone
This foundation can only work for someone with super and I mean super dry skin.
BTW my skin is combination and I am NW15, the 1st color was not a bad color choice.
I hope this helps.