Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation

3.1

Not tested on animals

Camellia Oleifera ( Camellia )Seed Oil* infused with Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense)**, Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi, Holy Basil)**& Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus Flowers)**; Helianthus Annus ( Sunflower ) Oil*, Lecithin***, Cera Alba (Beeswax)***, Silica, Essential Oils and Natural Fruit Essences, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), [ /-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Unfortunately, I do not understand this product. I bought a sample from a site that wasn't directly Vapour and am glad I got the sample over the full size. I think I had some magic-bullet ideas in mind and then the product just couldn't deliver. Good ingredients, yes, but my pores look the same, my acne scars look the same...coconut oil alone does a better job than this very expensive product. Perk: I did love the smell.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I've ever tried bar none. I repeat buy and having been wearing it for a couple of years now.
I wear 90 in the winter and 100 in the summer.
I am very pale, neutral toned, and finding a foundation that is pale enough is hard for a start! But I also have sensitive skin and everything from bismuth oxychloride to coconut oil break me out in blemishes or cause dry flakiness. Vapour doesn't do either, but makes my skin more radiant.
It's expensive, so I tend to wear it as my 'best', but it's worth the money.
It smells a little strange at first, but I've gotten used to it and really don't notice now, and besides, you can't smell it when it's on your face!
It feels oily compared to other foundations, but I love that. It looks dewy and I love that too: because a matte look is aging, and this gives me a radiant glow.
Packaging feels a little cheap for the price, I have had bottles where the pump action is a bit temperamental, but really I'm only splitting hairs.
I will add however that you may need to experiment with primers, because it doesn't sit well on everything. Personally I make my own Primer with squalene, veg glycerin, jojoba oil and beeswax, and it works fantastically.

They CHANGED the formula!

Here is the ingredient list for the "old" formulation from 2013-2014:

Ingredients: Organic/Bio Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil, Organic/Bio Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Organic/Bio Lecithin, Organic/Bio Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica, Essential Oils, Natural Fruit Essences, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Boswellia Serrata (Frankincense), Organic/Bio Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi/Holy Basil), Organic/Bio Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus Flowers), May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019)

Here is my review for the 2013 to 2014 formulation:

Texture: Oily texture with a satin finish. You have to shake the bottle very well before you dispense. It had "MEDIUM" coverage and the formulation was great for Dry and Aging skin since it did NOT enhance dryness, wrinkles or fine lines. It also concealed pores very well. You definitely needed to apply some powder before taking pictures with bright light, or else your face would look shiny. Compared to 100% pure foundation (100% matte finish and very drying), Vapour's liquid foundation is better for mature skin. It is also much easier to spread and blend compared to other natural & organic foundations I tried in the past.

Smell: It had an herbal (basil) type of smell. Many other reviewers complained about the bad smell, but it did not bother me at all. I actually like the herbal smell rather than the artificial fragrances that are present on the many foundations.

Price: $48 for 1 oz.

Rating for the OLD formulation: 4 stars (I took off 1 star because of the price).

Here is the ingredient list for the NEW formulation on 2015:

Ingredients:
Organic Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil, Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, SILICA, MICA, ISOCETYL STEAROYL STEARATE*, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax), Essential Oils and Natural Fruit Essences, Wildcrafted Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense) Gum, Organic Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi/Holy Basil) Leaf Extract, Organic Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus) Leaf Extract [+/—: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)]

Note: They got rid of Organic/Bio Lecithin from the 2014 ingredient and ADDED ISOCETYL STEAROYL STEARATE in the 2015 formulation.

Here is the review for the NEW 2015 formulation:

Texture: The texture is much better than the old formulation. The new formulation has a creamy but not too thick texture. It is still very easy to spread and blend, but with much better coverage (Medium to FULL). It still gives a natural, satin and dewy finish that I love (NOT MATTE) without the greasy oily look. It also conceals pores very well similar to the old formulation and it does not oxidize as easily, so it's longer lasting.

Smell:
It does NOT smell like basil or herbal remedy anymore. In fact, it does NOT have any scent at all.

Problem:
I developed 5 large CYSTIC ACNE after using the NEW formulation for 1 week. I suspect it's the ISOCETYL STEAROYL STEARATE that causes acne on my face. Although on the Vapour's website, it claims that this foundation is non-comedogenic (does not clog pores), I find some information about this ingredient and the association of acne development from some journals and online.
FYI: My skin type is acne prone, very sensitive, large pores around T-zone and rash around my hairline (I have a history of cystic acne during teenage years and adulthood and atopic dermatitis). My T-zone has many acne scars including ice picks.

Price: $50 for 1 oz. (They changed the packaging and price).

Rating for the NEW formulation: 2 stars (I gave 2 stars because it's still cruelty free and 70% organic).

Color match: I'm Asian with light pinkish T-zone and very pale yellow complexion (I wear MAC NC 20; Shiseido The Makeup SPF 17 020 Natural Light Ochre; Clinique Even Better Makeup Porcelain Beigh. The S115 Vapour foundation matches me perfectly. I got the S125 sample in the past, the S125 was too orange and made me looked like I was wearing an orange "mud" mask or if I had liver disease (orange/yellowish color) when I was wearing it. The S110 was too pink & pale for me.

Conclusion: After being a loyal customer for 1 year, I had to stop using the NEW 2015 formulation. My search for the NATURAL foundation continues.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

OK I have very fair skin in winter and got a sample of 110. I noticed "fair persons" leaving crappy reviews after ordering the obvious wrong shade and thusly felt compelled to review. I preferred the liquid foundation because I am 41 and I like the tinted moisturizer/luminous look. I kept going back to this particular sample over summer because I like the way it looks under my eyes. The coverage is comparable to too faced tinted moisturizer in the tube. It is thin, but covers and looks naturally radiant. The 110 is still a versatile color for me, as I just used some and it is the end of summer. I just added bronzer. I do not know anything about the fragrance being changed. If it is patchoulli now, as another reviewer said then consider this; citrus will burn your skin in the sun, patchouli is used to deter buggies and even out wrinkles. I also really like zuzu/Gabriel and LaBella Donna. I can use L3 L6 and pale ivory in zuzu and gabiel. I like Nicolette, crema, and marta in la bella donna. Before I switched to cruelty/crap free I really liked guerlain beige Claire, but they test on animals AND the alcohols in it burned the sides of my nose. If someone knows a dupe for guerlain let me know... The shimmery of la bella donna was "oilier/sparkly" looking on my older skin than the vapour. I am going back for la bella donna powders. They are superior. I will mix.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I was nervous to try this foundation as it has mixed reviews. I have sensitive/acne prone skin. I chose S123 for my light/ medium with yellow undertone skin. I have been using this foundation exclusively for 6 months after using a high end foundation that broke me out. This foundation helped hide imperfections and gave me a luminous glow. I wore it to work an 8 hour shift in 90 degree weather by the beach and it stayed put and was not shiny or oily. I actually received compliments from strangers about my skin! I must admit that I got it on a whim because it was on sale. I paid around $25 and it has lasted me a very long time. I am halfway through the bottle and I will definitely repurchase. If interested, I found this and other Vapour products on sale at b-glowing. http://bit.ly/1lILVUH.

I ordered a sample kit of several shades. I wanted to love this foundation for its gentle ingredients, as I have sensitive skin and am allergic to several preservatives. However, I have light skin with strong yellow undertones, and there is no color match for me in this foundation. The light/medium shade, which is described as appropriate for neutral/yellow/olive undertones, is both too dark and not yellow enough for my skin. None of the light shades are made for warm undertones. In addition, the foundation has a very strong scent to it, somewhat like sandalwood or patchouli, and it does not fade with wear. The foundation does apply smoothly and looks natural otherwise. I do appreciate the ingredients the company uses, but just wish that there was a greater range of shades to select from.

I enjoy using this foundation because I find it to be very nourishing and it offers excellent coverage for those of us who do not want to look like a pancake face. I have oily skin and I am always torn between foundations that supposedly have a mattifying effect that only serve to emphasize my very fine lines/pores and foundations that end up making my face look like a grease ball by the end of the day. This foundation is somewhere in the middle. I have to say, I do need to blot this foundation midday or else I do look really shiny, but that was something predictable because of my oily skin. I really think that the coverage is pretty opaque without looking cakey (probably because of the oil content). Now, my major complaint is that their marketing team needs to be honest about the color selection. I purchase both S90 and S100 and both of those colors are significantly darker than the color swatches provided on the website. They show a ghostly pale girl as an S90 (like myself) and that is simply not the color of S90. I cannot say I see that I see the pink overtone that some people complain about, but I can see that the lightest shade is at least a shade darker than me so my routine is now blend, blend, blend. I love the texture that my skin has, even though I have to blot throughout the day. I blend this right up under my eyes and it does not even crease throughout the day. That has never been the case with any other foundation that I have used. Overall, I think this is a fabulous foundation, although I took off a lippie for the color misrepresentation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really hated this foundation. i ordered number 135 which i thought would work with my tanned skin with yellow undertones. It pretty muck looks as if i had painted my face bright orange for halloween as part of a pumpkin costume, not for use in public at all. And the smell!It was the most lingering moldy rotten smell possible. Just stay away from this product, its money down the drain!

For my combination skin with medium pores and little wrinkles, this product works well. I agree with others that the coverage is minimal unless you dab on additional layers of the product. For best results, dot miniscule amount of the product onto your skin, then spread with your fingers. The heat will literally melt the liquid (which has a thick consistency) into the skin.
I do not think that a close up view of my face improves with the use of this foundation, but from double the arms length distance, my face glows and looks more even than before.
The scent is patchouli like, and makes me think of a good old organic food co-op. I think the old scent (fruitier) was much nicer, but if changing the scent helps the company export the product, be it so.
Color match was good - especially because it is so sheer. I am usually a light to medium, and I purchased the S123 - light/medium skin with neutral/yellow/olive undertone. I tan easily, and this color is a good match for my Winter pale complexion.
The skin felt bare and weightless the whole day without getting dry nor oily. If you're curious, I suggest you first try the samples from the website ($15 for five sample, I think) and see if this would work for your skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've tried a lot of natural, organic type foundations and this foundation is in my opinion one of the best ones in the market. It is expensive...however, when i look at the ingredients, i can see why it is priced at that price point. I wish they had more colors for darker tones. it seems there are lots of shades of beige and not enough shades of brown, since for example there is such a big difference between 130 and 160 and not as much of a difference in 100 and 125. However, this is a problem with many of the major cosmetic companies.
The good thing about this foundation is that it is sheer, leaves a bit of a glow to your face and people cant tell that you are wearing foundation. But the downside of that is, if you have blemishes/dark marks, they will not be hidden. I personally dont mind this because i like more of a natural face, but if you like your face to be beat to perfection, this is probably not the foundation for you.