September 22, 2014 | 1255 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Cranberry Joy Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by intaj

i like this balm. but really, i would use it to tint my lips, not moisturize them. they make my lips chapped and don't help dry, chapped lips at all. i love the colour and the smell so i will buy it again. i don't like the price though. i got it in the Christmas collection and it was for 6 dollars. lucky for me, my mom won a game kinda thing so she got 50% off for every product she got, and so i got this for 3 dollars. i plan on buying this the next time i see it at the body shop. its reccomended as a tint, not a balm. <333 plus its super appropriate for my lips coz im in gr 6 and really bold colours don't look god on kids like me. <33

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by RiriG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely smell, colour and shine. But I would use it more as a gloss than a balm because it doesn't really help dry chapped lips, and it doesn't last long either.
I love the smell so I wish it worked!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by zookeepered

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Oh lawd, is this lip balm ever awful. I grabbed it from the Christmas discount bin because I'm a sucker for all products lip-related, and figured it was probably the same as the "born lippy" balms but with limited edition packaging. Mistake number one.

You will notice immediately that the texture is harder than the born lippy balms. Once I applied it to my lips, it took 15 minutes before it was flake city. My lips were just coming off in chunks, it was like a slaughterhouse and exotic skin disease 2-for-1. I figured it was probably because I hadn't exfoliated my lips in a while, so I went and did that and reapplied. Mistake number two.

Even with my lips freshly exfoliated, this balm caused it to flake again in 15 minutes!! I'm not even sure how that works, do I even have enough layers of lip to handle this balm's shedding power? Maybe I should use it as an exfoliator instead, but for live skin instead of dead? It somehow managers to suck moisture out of my lips entirely, and reapplication only makes matters worse.

The only redeeming feature it has is the lovely colour. It's a sheer wash of warm-toned red with subtle golden shimmer. Makes my lips look plump and hydrated without looking made up, at least for the first 5 minutes. Nowadays the only way I can wear it is to layer a clear balm underneath, and just have this balm as a wash of colour. It works, but what is the point of a lip balm that needs other lip balm underneath it to work? Redundant, no?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by icedpinkvega

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It smells like heaven and gives my lips a temporary beautiful shine but didnt moisture enough. Even regular nivea lip balm are a better than his

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by cremebrulee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Who needs expensive sheer red lipstick when you have got this one? It enhances lip color and is so shiny it really does look sexy. IF you have chapped lips this is really a godsend. It lasts long and takes ages to finish a pot. Ideal for school kids who are not allowed make up.

One thing I don't like, those with oily skin will break out around the lip line. UGH.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by jumitsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I had this product for a few months now, well for me I think it is quite good. Let me explain, it might help you guys as well. The key point of this product is not to moisturize your lips that much, it's more of a scrub. Normally I uses it at night, I will apply a very thick layer on my lips. After the next day, the lip balm will still be on, most of the time I will just use my finger to push the dead skin out until it's smooth, or add a little bit of water and do the same. After doing so it will give your lips a soft and supple feel to it. Many of my friends hated this product until I showed them how it can be use properly. I really hope this help, please do try it and not throw it away. Thanks =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I had a $5 Body Shop coupon and this product was $5 so it was free for me - and I'm glad it was!

This does nothing to moisturize my lips, and it leaves my lips looking frosty and just downright ugly. I still use it occasionally (using a minimal! amount) and while it smells nice, it is definitely not a lip moisturizer...

Also, it may just be me but I have the hardest time opening these tins!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ruimargrida

I really wanted to like this product, it smelled wonderful. As with all Body Shop products, the scents were unique and realistic. The balm itself wasn't moisturizing though, which wouldn't have been a problem if the color wasn't so strange. The color was a frosty pigmented light pink. I have reddish tinted lips so this balm made them look very strange. In addition, this balm had glitter in it, and in the winter it would make my lips look more chapped. I think this product was somewhat a failure because it didn't work on most people, none of my friends could use it either. Overall, I don't recommend this product, but do try the other Body Shop lip balms, they're much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by curlvaceouscutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smells YUMMY- more like pomegranite though. I love the scent and you can even taste it. leaves a frosty white tint to lips- No thanks! I am constantly using it, but only because it does NOT do a great job keeping the lips moisturized. smells and tastes yummy, I'm glad a friend got it for me, but i will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the newest Cranberry scent for Fall 2010. I bought a Cranberry Bath & Body gift for a friend and the Lip Balm was separate, so I decided to keep it for myself.

The tin is easy to open, and it's your typical swirl your finger and apply. I do not smell Cranberry, but it has a very nice soothing scent, and it doesn't taste bad at all. It's supper creamy and a little goes a long way. The only drawback is that it's super, white frosty on your lips. The color on your lips is definitely 1960's looking.

If it goes on sale after Christmas, I will buy a couple of tins and store them in the fridge for later next year. I will buy this again, if it's still available. IMO, it's better than the "Born Lippie" products. Very nice product!