November 29, 2014 | 1130 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Simple - Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

It stung my eyes like crazy which surprised me as it says "sensitive skin" on the bottle.

If you are NOT sensitive I still think pass. I gave mine away to a friend who can use just about anything and it stung her and her Mothers eyelids as well. Plus I saw lots of people on Youtube like Sushiflower say they start off with this being ok then it MAKES their skin sensitive to it part way through the bottle and they can't finish the product.

I think the ingredients in this are pretty harsh but if you want to try the product heres a tip:
After you've removed your makeup to rinse off the residue with a splash of cool water. If it won't be left on the skin for more than a minute or two that will help protect you against sensitivity creeping up over time :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cadubois4

Hated this. I got a sample of this with something else I bought. Squirted some on a Q-tip like I would a normal makeup remover, and it was like using water. It didn't remove anything and it stung my eyes like something crazy. I would never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by dollllface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't particularly like bashing on products because sometimes I feel like it "just didn't work for ME," but I have to say, I really hated this remover!

I bought the small travel size bottle at Walmart (I believe for $2 CDN) to bring with me on a trip. I had never used it before, but I thought it would be okay for the first couple of days overseas until I was able to buy the Shiseido eye & lip makeup remover (which is the BEST thing EVER!)

This did absolutely NOTHING for me. As another reviewer mentioned, it really felt like I was using plain water. But plain water that somehow stung my eyes! It removed practically no eye makeup - just smudged everything, aka panda eyes - & I eventually had to scrub my eyes with hotel soap using one of their towelettes (apologies to the hotel! That's what extreme frustration does to me!)

Now granted, I was wearing black liquid liner & waterproof mascara, however, as an "eye makeup remover" I had expected it to remove at least SOME makeup. But nope. :( I can't complain about the price (at least for the travel size!) but I would've been better off having spent the $2 on a bottle of water that I could've drank - no difference between the two!

Glad it has worked for some others, but for me it was a huge disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by NearPerfect9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff was bad enough that I signed right on makeup alley to write a review!

Stings, tugs - doesn't run smoothly across under eye on cotton pad, and leaves behind a bit of residue. Worst of all, it didn't even remove all of my eye makeup, and I wore very little today.

I'm going to return it. You've been warned!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Abbiemcerleanx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if it's me or not but after using it my eyes started stinging and thought it was a product for sensitive skin but I feel it really hurts my eyes but it does take my eye make up off really fast

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by bakerbaker19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one whose eyes stung after using this! Not only that, I felt like this stunk at removing makeup AND it left a stick residue. I know you're supposed to cleanse after removing makeup, yet I feel if it was an effective eye makeup remover, it wouldn't leave any residue behind at all. I do love the Simple wipes though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by QueenOfFreaks

I got my bottle free with my q-tips. The first time I used this was testing out my eyeshadows. I was used to just scrubbing my eyelids until the color washed away. I put about three drops of this product on a q-tip and dabbed it on my eye. It didn't sting and in seconds the eyeshadow was gone. Then I used the other dry side of the q-tip to wipe off any excess liquid. Love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Femmeboi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh, I'm debating whether or not I can bring myself to finish the bottle. This just STINGS so much. It was such a disappointment especially because I have sensitive skin and I love a lot of other Simple products, like their cleansing wipes and their facial scrub, but this just does not get the job done! You need a lot of product to actually remove your eye makeup-- you have to really get in there with multiple Q-tips and cotton pads and the formula is too weak to actually remove makeup without a ton of irritating effort. I'm talking stroking each individual clump of eyelashes to remove all the little bits of your mascara. And worse, it really irritates my eyes! Ouch. I won't repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Claudygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I feel like a freak writing this, considering all the bad comments. But this product is perfect for me! Not oily, not sticky, it doesn't irritates my eyes and itīs cheap!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by glossina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I do like fragrance-free and eco-conscious cosmetics (and skincare). But I'm not extreme or consistent in using only organic or natural. Simple caught my eye at the store, so I thought I would give it a try. Everything I tried from this line ended up being a big disappointment. The eye makeup remover most of all. It simply does not work. I thought I could use up the bottle for little cleanups during makeup application. But it was not even effective at that. So, file-13 it goes!! My favorite has become the Up&Up brand version of Pond's Clean Sweep wipes.