December 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Aqua cream - #2 Steel Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by therinz09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This truly is a lovely product and color. I use it when my face needs a bit of a lift. I pair it with a peachy blush, and I suddenly look like I am glowing. The color is perfect for my skin tone, so I can't promise the glowing result with everyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by quidproquo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Colour: Grey/brown/silver shimmer. Application is ridiculous; I tried using both my ring finger and a cream eyeshadow brush to apply and it dries almost immediately! You literally have to have it on your finger/brush and blended on your eye within 10 seconds. Otherwise it dries looking smudged and uneven. Too much work, and not worth the money.

Packaging is flimsy to! MUFE aqua creams come filled in a plastic jar that feels pretty damn cheap and I'm sure it contributes to the product feeling so dry. With brands like Benefit and Mac dumping their product into pretty glass jars, why would someone waste their money on cheap packaging? I know, I know... It's not about the packaging, but I'm pissed off and ranting.

I returned it to Sephora after trying to make it work, along with #13 (warm beige).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I think the price is outrageous for what you get, and considering I found a $4 dupe, I'm even more angry for buying these. The German brand Essence has new Stay All Day shadows, and one called Steel the Show is an exact dupe... I think I even prefer it more. It's a dupe in texture, feel, coverage, and shade. It also wears waterproof and sets with no creasing. MUFE might have a better shade selection, but the formula was duped. You're paying for the name brand and the fact that MUFE has to be imported at a high price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I usually apply this as a base for my other aqua creams, or use this in conjunction with a different shade. This alone makes my medium-warm yellow-toned Asian skin look a bit sickly. Lasts and lasts without creasing, fading or smudging. Even with my ultra oily lids, I find I don't need to wear my UDPP under this, and officially certify MUFE aqua creams 'industrial strength'! Yet comes off easily with an oil-based remover. HG eyeshadow line! Just come up with more shades, please!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by jjbug82

simply wonderful! so easy to blend and yet so resistent to creasing, it is such an interesting shade, even i just apply this alone on my eyelids using 217 brush - on the side where lighting hits on it appears slight shimmery and bright taupy-silverish, at where the lighting is lesser, it appears like a dimmer taupe. so i can add a little bit more at the outer corner to define the eye shape. this is the first cream eyeshadow i decided to try out after watching Lisa Eldridge's video, i must say i am not disappointed at all, will move on to other MUFE aqua cream in future

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by valentinekisses

This is an amazing option for eyeshadow. I can count on this to last all day, even through a hot, humid and sweaty day at the amusement park. They won't budge until I'm ready to take them off. Shade #2 - Steel is by far my favorite shade that I own. It's that perfect gray that works on nearly everyone. You can apply it with a lighter touch for a lighter wash of color, but in general Aqua Creams are meant to deliver beautiful color with rich pigmentation! I highly recommend these to anyone looking for budge-proof color that will last, even at the beach!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

This is my very first cream shadow, and I really adore it to death. Initially I suspected that mine was a fake MUFE product, but after months of use, and also research I can finally rest assure that it's not. I had a very bad experience when I went to purchase this, I brought mine in Vietnam at the Vincom centre in Ho Chi Minh City, not only was the staff pathetic, clingy and dodgy, the layout of the store was stupid.
I'm sorry if I opened a completely brand new jar of Aqua Cream in No.1 that was actually stock and not display or tester, but WHY on earth would you leave your BRAND NEW products on a DISPLAY stand WITHOUT THEIR ORIGINAL boxes, or even a sign to say please dont open??? At least if they were in their original boxes I would know it's new, or some sort of indication, and just to clear my name, the Jar was opened by someone else before me, who probably thought the same as me.
Now my rant is out of the way, I actually quiet adore Aqua Cream in No.2 from MUFE, just a beautiful colour for that dynamic smoky eye look. Great for lazy people like me who doesnt like sitting at my vanity blending different shades of taupe, silver, gold and black together for my smoky eye.
Just a great colour to wear evening or day, extremely buildable and last all day, and to make it even better its smooth and blends easily.
Will always buy again, but definitely not at VINCOM in HO CHI MINH CITY.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Sorry to be the lone(ish) dissenter here, but I really don't care for this. I'm *very* fair, and I was hoping that this was going to be the answer to #3, Silver, which I LOVE but which also looks a little bit insane in photos. Either a darker, cooler silver OR a much darker gray that I could have gone smokey with, but as it is this is too warm on my pale, cool complexion and it just is in this weird no man's land of blah.

Maybe I shouldn't give it bad marks just because it doesn't look good on *me*. It's not like the formula sucks or anything. I just basically *hate* this color. If it were cooler, if it were lighter, if it were darker, if it were anything else than what it is. Such a shame, too. These are really expensive, IMO, and I would have been happy with almost any other color --- I wanted nearly every color I swatched when I was last in Sephora. Wish I had spent my money on a different one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MsMinipony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Perfection. Like many others here I bought this after watching Lisa Eldridge's tutorial and it looks subtle yet beautiful on my light skin and eyes. With fingers I can blend it to a very sheer wash and just use a brush to define my crease (I use the sigma E30). I love how easy and travel-friendly this is. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

This is a great product, and I am very pleased that I chose #2 as my first Aqua Eyes color. I like it quite well, so there is a good chance I will buy more colors from this line.
#2 is *not* a taupe as I've heard some people say, it's a silver color, but not true silver - just off silver, which makes it much more attractive, and flattering on real skin.

This formula has less blending time than most cream eyeshadows that I am familiar with, so I'll talk a bit about how I apply, and the different effects you can achieve.
This can very easily be applied with fingers. I think it works best to pick up a small amount of product, and blend onto the eye, before adding a bit more, and building it up until you have thin but even coverage all over, letting a bit of the natural skin color show through. This is the application that I find most attractive, especially when this eyeshadow is used alone. However, if you pick up more product on your finger, you can just keep blending, and still get an even result, but you will lose the transparency. If you want a very light but even layer of this, I actually think fingers work best, because I always end up with a bit more product on my eyes when I use a brush.

As for applying with a brush, you can use a fluffy brush such as the MAC 217, or you can use a flat synthetic brush for cream eyeshadow (or a concealer brush) - and all of these options work well. Like I said before, if you get a heavier layer of this on, just keep blending and don't panic. You won't be able to to back to the look of a sheer layer without removing it, but as long as you blend well, it will look perfectly good, not like you've got thick paint on your eye.

This is very long lasting (I don't use a base) and it does not crease on me whether worn alone or with other eyeshadow on top. It does make a beautiful base for other eyeshadow colors. I love to top it with a sheer veil of contrasting (usually warmer) colors, such as gold, or a warm brown, or red-toned browns, but this concept would extend equally well to a lot of different colors, obviously.

You do get a ton of product in this little jar, but as a previous reviewer has noted, the packaging does feel a bit cheap. It's perfectly functional, but it's just not as nice as the packaging of my other cream eyeshadows. However the product is good enough that I don't mind. MUFE isn't really known for its packaging anyhow.