August 21, 2014 | 1869 users online

Palettes - Becca - Enigma Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by jadorelechoc

I was lucky enough to hit this on a blog sale, but I have to say I was very tempted to get it full price as well when it came out (and I would not have regretted it).
This palette makes a classy smokey eye very easy to achieve. The quality of the shadows is wonderful, the typical Becca packaging is nice and the palette comes with a tiny short crease-type brush that I find very very useful for when I'm on the go. I have oily eyelids and nothing stays put on my eyes unless I use a primer (and even then I sometimes struggle with eyeshadow, eyeliner meltdowns and smudges) and I am satisfied with how these shadows wear. If I had to give up all my eyeshadows for this palette and a black liner, I gladly would.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by planetnars

All of the eyeshadows have a wonderful ultra fine texture, including the matte shades. They wear long and do not crease even in the absence of a primer. This palette is not user friendly and that is its one downfall. You need to play around to really appreciate and accentuate the dimension of these shades. All three shades are a variation of taupes. Armure is a matt taupe, Silesia is the darkest of the palette and might deceive the eye of bordering on black but when placed over lighter colors a stunning taupe emerges with a bit of a chestnut lean..Surah is a shimmer shade and the most obvious in the palette. The shades layer and blend beautifully with one another as well as other shadows. Don't limit the Silestia shadow to being just a liner because it has greater potential.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Giuliana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Stunning colours, superb pigment, lasts well. Makes doing a smoky eye a no-brainer, or less of the shimmer for a daytime work look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 4:35:00 AM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This palette does not really have a highlighter and was designed to do smokey, taupey eyes and when combined with the Pewter Eye Tint very deep smokey eyes. I like using it with the Belize liner for daytime use and if it's night then add Pewter as a base. Enigma has three normal e/s sized pans with two demi mattes and one shimmer shade. Armure is a soft fawn, just a bit darker than the YLBB range for me but I'm fairly light. I use it from lash line up to the crease and blend it softly up toward the brow but not all the way. It's a nice, basic neutral shade. Silesia is described as dark smoke, translation is very dark soft brown. It's soft and blendable which is great since I have a bit of a hard time with darker colors. I use it in the outer V to define the eye and blend, I've not tried it as a lid color but I bet it would make a good smokey lid without having to use Pewter as a base though I really like Pewter, it makes Smokey eyes so much easier. Last shade is my favorite, Surah. Surah is a mauve/mushroom shimmery taupe family shade and it's pretty. The shimmer is not OTT but refined and won't make your lids look all goofy. I use this after Armure and apply to the lid and under my lower lash line if I'm skipping by Belize liner. I'm still figuring out looks and how I like to use the palette and the Holiday 2010 collection came with so many different items it's a bit overwhelming but I'm pretty sure my holiday look will be a soft smokey taupe eye and Belize which is a black violet liner and mauve gray pearl illuminator (cream shadow, liner or highlighter). I think the palette is expensive but since I love neutrals and will use all the shades in it it is worth it to me. BECCA Sand or Bliss, NARS Siberia or Mont Blanc foundation.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No