October 25, 2014 | 1764 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by BitJustGingerly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will always have some of this on hand to remove eye makeup because every other makeup remover I have ever tried either doesn't get it all off, strips my skin dry, or is irritating and burns. I also use it on my face as an extra moisture boost, a few drops in my hair when it is feeling dry, and I also mix it with other oils (almond, apricot, coconut) for the body. my only complaint is the packaging, as it sometimes leaks or dribbles out more than I need (I find it hard to get just a few drops out). Otherwise it is a great lightweight oil that is great for a bunch of different uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by aly90210

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

One of the questions was: "If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?"
I think I'll NEVER run out, I just use 2 drups a day and its GREAT value for money!

Love this. Very soothing to my confused skin, plus it helped clear up zits, my oily t-zone and my dry spots on my cheeks. Doesn't smell pretty, but doesn't smell bad either. Just kind of faintly herbal rooty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by mellymel11

I am new to the oil for beauty world and I must see I am noting it. My main uses for the jojoba oil is to remove the remainder of my eye makeup after I have used some of my makeup remover. The jojoba oil gently removes the stubborn mascara, strengthens and conditions my lashes and moisturizes my undereye area. All perks!! Oh and I use two drops on my dry hair when it looks a bit frizzy only at the ends. Love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Use a drop or two to revive any Mac paint pots that are going dry. Overnight, it sinks in and the Paint pot is as good as new.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed with the DE Jojoba oil. Either the oil is of the refined type or has some additives or jojoba oil in general is probably not suitable for my skin :( It caused the 3 Bs - breakouts, blackheads and also some small boils on the face! Aura Cacia Jojoba oil also caused same skin problems for me.

I googled and found this link. Apparently all jojoba oils are not equal calibre and it makes sense to test which oil works best depending on your skin type (oily, sensitive, etc). Jojoba oil also has a loooong shelf life. That should be the clue...

For my skin type (sensitive), I swear by sesame and almond oils. They are sooo nourishing and moisturizing! Ghee and coconut also work well.

Refer to Pratima Raichur's book. It has great information on skincare and using natural oils to moisturize, nourish and cleanse. Jojoba oil is not even listed there...probably Jojoba is a relatively new oil at least for use in skincare.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by formika8476

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

*HG* Brilliant multitasker.

FACE: I'm Korean, my skin is hypersensitive, oily, clog-prone, and often dehydrated. I rub a couple of drops of this between damp hands before patting onto a damp face, starting with the eye and lip area, then let it sink in for a couple of minutes before moisturizing. My skin gets quite dehydrated in the winter, when it tends to get flaky, but heavier emollients clog up my pores and just feel greasy. This keeps my skin smooth and congestion-free but gives my moisturizer (Cerave) a little bit of a boost when I need it. On my face, I alternate this with Burt's Bees Repair Serum (really an oil), which is jojoba oil based. I should mention I did develop some tiny colorless bumps on my forehead during the first few weeks, but they went away with continued use.

BODY: I smooth this onto wet skin straight out of the shower before gently toweling dry and applying body lotion (again, Cerave). This combo is magic. Silky smooth, glowing skin.

HAIR: I have very fine, thin hair that hangs to the small of my back. Straight but with a very slight wave, enough to make it susceptible to frizz and crazy flyaway issues. Oily at the roots, dry at the ends even though I air-dry and my hair hasn't been dyed or chemically treated at all in years. I recently started massaging jojoba oil into dry hair from ends to roots before showering (shampoo and condition as usual), and I can't believe I haven't tried this before. My hair feels so much stronger -- so soft and dare I say bouncy. I've been considering chopping it off because it had been feeling so weightless and brittle, but I guess it just needed a jojoba oil pre-shampoo treatment because my hair just drank this up. No oiliness or heaviness (in fact, my scalp feels more comfortable, which makes sense since cleansing oil works so well on my oily face) -- the strands feel plumper and weightier (in a good way) and overall more body.

Highly recommended. I should note that I tried a different brand of jojoba b/c it was cheaper (Jobacare, which I bought at Whole Foods), but I knew immediately it was not the same (runnier consistency, paler in color, and completely odorless). Didn't have the same moisturizing effect and some of the chicken skin I occasionally used to get came back. This isn't a brand endorsement of Desert Essence per se; just make sure it's unrefined jojoba, which is a bright gold color, slightly viscous, and has a subtle, nutty scent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by LiL_Laurie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have acne prone skin and can use this and not worry about breakouts.

I love slathering it on at night if i notice my skin is going through a dry spell or needs more moisture due to the weather. It is so moisturizing and healing. I cover my whole face and it can go near my eyes without irritation (i actually think it is great for around the eyes, helps with fine lines). I only use it at night since it is of course oily, it doesn't absorb right away but eventually does without leaving much of a film. My skin feels amazing and soft in the mornings after use.
You can also add a drop or 2 to your regular moisturizer and it compliments it nicely.

Bottle is great, price is great, would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by 4073

I have eczema aka dry and sensitive skin. I used this as a makeup remover and face cleanser before turning to coconut oil for price reasons (works the same for me, no breakouts). I love jojoba oil and although I don't go thru 1 bottle per month like I did before I discovered coconut oil, I always make sure I have this on hand. Apply to body any time and face only at night. Also, this is multipurpose in that 2 years ago this was the only product I traveled with for a summer. Not only is it a make up remover, moisturizer, and facial cleanser, it's a great alternative to hair serum (APPLY WITH A LIGHT LIGHT HAND)! You will see the difference. I buy this at whole foods and for me, it is a bit pricy when you buy it often.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by jacks250

I can't believe I took me so long to get into the natural product world, but I am officially a convert lol. This oil is an amazing moisturizer. Makes my skin feel sooo soft and look fresh and glowy (think JLo!). Literally everything makes me break out but surprisingly this doesn't! You only need a small drop. I'll never use chemical ridden moisturizers again! It's inexpensive too! Just a heads up for my fellow MUA'ers, I got this at vitarock.com (btw my new OBSESSION and go-to for healthy products) for only around 8$! Can't believe I used to waste so much money on expensive moisturizers that just end up damaging and aging our skin!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

i heard good stories and reviews on this but i have used many better oils out there. jojoba by itself just isn't that great.