Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 8/30/2015 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This works great on my scalp and hair. I'm told by a doctor that it is the thing that most closely mimics hair sebum and in my view what could be better than that to keep my hair healthy. My scalp used to be dry and itchy from high lift coloring and now it feels normal.

on 8/20/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A "friend" of a cool blogger and hairstylist living in Paris swore that jojoba oil works wonders on removing blackheads and making your skin trouble free. She went into detail describing the wonders of this oil. It was totally out of my character to by into silly blog comments like these. I became obsessed: I needed JOJOBA and jojoba needed ME.

I was an excellent convert. I cleansed. I moisturized. All with 100% pure jojoba.

The change appeared slowly for me. After 6 months on "the method" my pale, always so dry cheeks were infested with ACNE! YES, ACNE! :-( The surface spongy, full of blackheads, pored, oily, irritated. My always oily t-zone worse than normal with more (!!) blackheads.

Since I refused to use Roaccutane I was recommended Differin gel acne treatment and was told to endure at least 4 months before seeing results. This horrible gel made my skin even worse, cystic, more scars and inflammation everywhere. I stopped and started my own regimen. In the beginning the only thing clearing my skin was washing with PH sensitive Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar.

It took me 1 year (!!!) to get my skin in some sort of balance. Nothing is ever the same again. I suffer awful red acne scarring on my cheeks (3 years later). For example, any product with the tiniest amount of oils wields me right back to crazy breakouts. I have a difficult time choosing serums and moisturizers. I don't care for foundations. I only use concealer to lessen the redness of the scars.

I learned my lesson. I love my old blackheads : ) I don't need no oil to make them go away.

Just smile and shine...and STAY AWAY FROM JOJOBA OIL!!!

on 8/4/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have sensitive eczema prone skin, lots of things irritate my skin. After a recent eczema flare I started using this a facial cleanser. My face was absolutely parched, irritated and rough. I washed my face twice a day and within 3 days my skin was almost completely better. After 5 days my skin looked better than it did before the eczema flare up. My skin looks fresh, radiant, and healthy. I may stop using cleansers and chemical based products all together. After cleansing I apply a bit more on to a cotton round to remove any last traces of mascara and other makeup, and it makes quite an effective eye makeup remover. I also use this as a bath oil or a post shower oil to keep my skin moisturized. Hydrated skin is an absolute must if you have eczema. This is just a really great versatile product, runs about $11USD it has so many uses, love this stuff.

on 6/3/2015 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Using this everywhere - face hands & hair.

I've been using 2 drops on the ends of my hair after washing it (after I rub my palms together with the oil) and let my long, dry ,colored/highlighted hair air dry.

I then use another 1-2 drops after my hair dries, on the ends again, then flat-iron my hair.

My hair has never looked better - even my Stylist said to me at my last visit "whatever you are doing/using, keep it up - your hair has never felt this good!!"

on 6/3/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Versatile product, for a decent amount of money. I use it to remove my eye make-up right now, but am open to trying some of it's other uses for hair, and so forth.

I used to use it as a moisturizer but contrary to what everyone seems to believe - it CAN break you out, and it DID break me out, so be careful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a review pertaining to 100% Organic Jojoba Oil - no brand in particular.

This oil is very versatile. I use it for my skin, hair, to remove stubborn makeup and so forth.

--SKIN: It is not heavy, does not break me out and provides much needed moisture.

--HAIR: I have lion king hair. My hair is long, wavy/curly and can get a bit frizzy. I apply jojoba oil to my damp hair - on the scalp, ends, and basically all over. This oil definitely reduces my frizzyness and allows for my curls to form beautifully.

*Tip for my curly haired gals: after you apply jojoba oil to your damp hair, rest your head on any cloth-like surface or better yet, go to sleep after. (I usually wash my hair at night) After 30 mins or once you wake up in the morning, your hair will be bouncy, curly and definitely NOT frizzy. Girls always ask how I manage to keep my curls in tact. Well, there you go. If you let your hair air dry alone, gravity weighs your hair down since it's damp, thus not allowing your curls to form the way they should.

*Tip for my foundation lovers: apply a drop of jojoba oil onto med-full coverage foundations prior to applying. It completely removes that "caked-up" makeup look and provides for a natural, flawless finish. It also allows for my makeup to better adhere to my skin and it lasts longer. I have very oily skin, so do not be afraid of adding oils to your beauty routine. Yes, I still get a bit shiny, but once I blot hello flawless!!! This oil is a must for anyone's beauty arsenal. It's so versatile and it's VERY inexpensive.

on 5/4/2015 3:12:00 PM

The most glorious of all natural oils. I was turned on to jojoba oil last summer after a friend recommended it as the product that does just about everything. I was skeptical-- Acne prone and defeated by the market of unsatisfying products that all promised the same thing. Jojoba oil is a little pricey, I paid $13.99 for a small bottle, but it's so worth it. Not only has the application of a few drops to my face helped to clear up my acne and even my skin tone, but this oil can also be used for everything. I use a drop or two, rubbed into my palms, to smooth fly aways after blow drying my hair. I've also used jojoba oil to get rid of stretch marks, soothe dry itchy skin and so much more.

on 4/9/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am a fifth of the way down on my bottle. Picked this up to help fill a price requirement while shopping online. I never imagined it would change my hair and skin so much. It has been my go to product. I use 2-4 drops on the ends of my hair when it seems dry. I've added 7-10 drops to my favorite shampoo. I have put drops on each of my fingertips and massaged into an angry red scalp after highlights that got way to close. It reduced the redness and itching and returned my scalp to normal. 1 or 2 drops added to my nightly moisturizer when my skin feels dry and itchy. Once it saved my face due to red cheeks that got a sort of chemical burn reaction from chemical sunscreen. Also very soothing after over exfoliation with AHAs. Bottom line this stuff is gold. The 4oz bottle of Organic Jojoba oil is a awesome. Its uses are endless. Make sure you get the 100% cold pressed no chemical processing or additives. So grateful for this stuff :+)

on 3/3/2015 10:02:00 PM

Have you ever looked at the ingredients in those eye makeup remover pads? Well I have, and was not impressed. I now use this product as an eye makeup remover and love it. It does leave a bit of an oily residue, but I have noticed an improvement in my eyelashes since using this product- longer, thicker and overall healthier. Highly recommend.

on 2/2/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love this stuff. Alone, it's not enough of a moisturizer for my dry skin, but it's GREAT when added to my evening regimen. I also put some of this in a small container with a brush and use it as cuticle oil. It's perfect. It's good for sunburns, dry skin patches, under eye area and lips. Save yourself some money--mix a tiny drop with some sugar and make your own lip scrub. Or your own body scrub, like I do. It's a little expensive for that, but if you don't mind the cost of the oil, it's WAY cheaper than buying all those things separately.

Popular Moisturizers