July 29, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Intense #48

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by themindispoison

I want to start out by saying that the color is absolutely gorgeous! A very, very rich and deep burgundy, that is extremely pigmented. You can easily wear it full-on dark or pass it more lightly for an easier day-to-day color. Its a lovely shade as a tint as well.

My one big problem is that at least on my lips, its extremely dry. I can feel the inner edges of my lips begin to feel dry less than an hour after putting it on. The color lasts a loooong time on my lips, but I do feel like it accumulates quite a bit on the inside of my lips as the hours go by - but that might be because its a dark shade, since it's my first, I'm not really sure how it works.

If you're in love with the shade, go for it - just be careful with the dryness. Not even putting on a balm before wearing it does the trick for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This is my second MUFE lipstick and I really love it! MUFE lipsticks are quickly becoming my new favorite due to their wide color selection and long lasting, opaque formulas.

#48 is a deep burgundy. It is a satiny creme forumla and is one of the darkest colors MUFE offers, short of #49, which is deep eggplant and #50, which is black. I already have a lot of black and purples, so I went with the burgundy. It is also a great dupe for the DC Urban Decay Pleather Pencil in Rubber, which I love and cannot find anymore.

The pigmentation of this color is supurb and it lasts all day. I only had to touch it up very little after eating. I mainly did this because I like a solid lip color. I didn't want any faded areas. My only complaint with this color is that is does bleed a little bit and you really need a liner. My other color, which is the same formula but a hot fuchsia, does not have this problem. All dark colors bleed to some degree. The only ones that never did that on me were the MAC Mattenes.

Over all, this is an excellent lipstick. Long wearing and pigment-dense, MUFE lipsticks are real winners!