October 31, 2014 | 1035 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorburst (All colors)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by oodles12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the sleek packaging. Gives enough shine without making lips look like glazed donut. Lipgloss comes out easily without slot of pumping. Shimmer but not chunks of glitter. Shimmer adds radiance & freeness to lips rather than detract from them. I have them in 024 gold dust(golden bronze), 042 Bellini(muted peach), & 012 orchid (a cool pink). Good staying power. Not to sticky. Not extreme color payoff- on the sheer side but it definitely amps up a lipstick color. Wouldn't wear this on it's own.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sweetgermangirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a flop. I bought this because Revlon Colorstay Overtime seems to be completely DC at least here in Canada. This product stinks, literally, I can't stand smelling my own lips. The worst things is that it slides around and lands all around your lips. If you reapply it four or five times, which you will have to, it will eventually build up a little bit of a stain but it will also stain more in the little creases and lines. Overall a complete MESS. I bought 020 Lovesick which was garish and tacky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is my new HG! Few lipglosses come close to being this great in the drugstore. I don't think I have enough words to describe the amazingness of this lipgloss.
I have the one in 036 Iced Coffee, a brown-based mauve. While I'm not usually a fan of brown lipcolors- they're very serious- this one takes the cake. The pigmentation is really good; one layer of gloss is enough to get the color you see in the tube. This one has a little bit of shimmer, but it's not overwhelming at all. Now, the finish of this gloss- oh my god- it's easily the shiniest that I've ever owned in my whole life! Unlike others, it doesn't need to be blobbed on to have a beautiful, even sheen. It's extremely flattering.
The texture is also amazing- it is not sticky at all, but not slippery either. Its applicator really helps, too; it has an interesting shape, almost like a craft stick (those wooden popsicle stick things- I don't know how to describe it). I use the blunt side to layer it on the lips, and the edges can be used for the corners and details. I love how this lipgloss makes it easy to get an accurate application.
I love the staying power, too; I haven't had to reapply it often and it feels very light and comfortable, and the color doesn't fade, either. The packaging is sleek and pretty and has the pattern of the lip butters on its cap. The price slightly above average for a drugstore lipgloss- I think these sell for $8, which, imo, is a bit pricey for drugstore. However, these are totally awesome and I really do love this gloss!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is for the Colorburst Gloss Balm in "Whimsical" - written under a separate cover elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Emibumblebee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd actually give this more of a rating of 4.5, but the site doesn't allow for that, so I rounded up because in the end I do absolutely love these lip glosses.
I own four of the Colorburst glosses:

Papaya - A pink-orange-coral colour. The name is perfect for the shade. It has a slight shimmer in it, but it disappears once applied on the lips.

Bordeaux - A beautiful, almost-opaque deep wine colour with a hint of gold shimmer. The shimmer isn't obvious on the lips, and is only really seen upon close inspection. I love to wear this over Avon's Beyond Color lipstick in Divine Wine, which is a similar shade with a similar gold shimmer. They look beautiful together.

Fire - An intense, blue-based red. No shimmer whatsoever. COMPLETELY OPAQUE. This shade is just such a BAM! colour. I'm amazed every time I put it on.

Strawberry - A medium-strawberry pink with shimmer. The shimmer's most obvious in this one, which some may not like, but I think it adds to the summery-girly factor.

The colorburst glosses are a thick, sticky formula, but don't feel gloopy on the lips. The lighter shades last a couple of hours before requiring reapplication, but the darker ones - namely Bordeaux and Fire - last about an hour longer AND leave a stain on my lips. These are SO PIGMENTED. I have very pigmented lips and all of these completely transform my lip colour.

The packaging is beautiful. Tall, sleek, very high-end looking. I like being able to pull this out of my purse in public. :)

The wand is where this stuff loses the half-point. It's a sort of flexible, flattened doe-foot applicator. It picks up a perfect amount of product for my lips, which is a plus. It's meant to "hug" your lips for easy application, but it just tends to make a mess. I find myself having to carefully "paint" the lipgloss on (taking full advantage of the flexibility of the wand), which can be awkward. So it takes a little longer to apply these than I would like, especially given the pigmentation of the glosses. I'd much prefer a brush applicator.

STILL, one of my absolute favourite lip glosses. I'm sure I'll end up buying more shade in the near future. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Revlon Colourburst lipgloss is my all time favourite lipgloss. I love the packaging and the lip applicator is very easy to use. The colours are fantastic, I have three of them so far and I definitely will buy more.
Compared to other lipglosses I have tried, these aren't sticky and last a fairly long time. The only downside is probably the fact Colourburst have no smell. Overall, an excellent and purse-friendly lipgloss range that I highly recommend!

Pros: Fantastic colours, long-lasting, non sticky, good price

Cons: It would have been nice if these lipglosses had a fruity taste/smell but thats just my personal preference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have only one Revlon colorburst, in the shade 'Crystal Water', which is basically a clear gloss with and purple/pink/indigo shimmer to it. I should probably try more of these glosses before making a final judgment, however trying this one makes me a little reluctant to do so. Whilst I do like this gloss, I am not a big lover or user of lipgloss because I find they are sticky, drying and do not last very long when compared to a lipstick. This lipgloss is of course no different, it is sticky and doesn't last very long. However, when used as a top coat after lip liner and lip stick it definitely gives the edge to my lips. It makes them look fuller and adds a nice pop of shine to the lip stick, which I find I sometimes prefer to completely matte lips. I would probably buy this again, and maybe a few of the other shades, but at the same time I wouldn't go out of my way to do so. This is just a nice product, and a little on the expensive side for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The only other lipgloss I have used and loved was Clinique's so I'll be comparing my experience with it to this one.

The packaging wins a lot of points from me. The wand is pretty sturdy and the firm brush itself glides onto my lips smoothly. The formula is also not as sticky as Clinique's (that is, I could get my hair out without an issue) and I really like how pigmented it is.

The shade I have is Rosepearl, which is a shiny pink shade. However, because of my already pigmented lips, without concealer, the shade gives me a MLBB sheen. No complaints though because I reach for this lipgloss whenever I need some color to my face.

Oh, and I'm not kidding about the vibrance of the shade. Even after I blot the shine off, there is still color (yet very faint, in my case) so it definitely lasts for a while.

I will most certainly repurchase this product but a darker shade, most probably.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Senggi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've used this lip gloss for a few month and i like it.. i like the texture coz i'm usually not fit with lip gloss and more fit if i'm using matte lipstick.. and this is my 1st lipgloss that very fit for me.. it's not too thick and give sparkling effect that not too much in my lips and makes my lip look sexy.. this lip gloss is durable on my lips too (except if i'm eat) and it's not too expensive than other brand with same quality.. but there's 2 thing that i don't like with this lip gloss.. it's too sticky (maybe that's what makes the lip gloss durable.. and it smells lil bit weird.. i would be more happy if Revlon give some flavor on this lipgloss.. but that's 2 thing not too bother me, so i'll repurchase.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Orchid. The gloss is smooth, pigmented and fairly long wearing. Love the colour, it`s a pink/lilac on my lips, looks great with my fair cool toned skin. Great shine, not much smell or taste. I plan on getting more colours.