April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Rainforest Moisture Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product alittle while ago after I ombred my hair, it's great because I can lather it up all over my head and not worry about sulphites,silicones, parables or any nasties like that. I find it very gentle and nourishing to my hair buy I only use it little and often because I feel it doesn't clear all the junk out of my hair like other shampoos. It has a great herbally scent but I don't find that it lingers much further than the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by pineapple1187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very decent shampoo. Is not drying to my curly hair. Lathers well without sulfates. A little goes a long way, so it is economical in the long run. Finally, I love the smell, it is kind of honey/herbal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this becuase my hair is super damaged of bleaching. My hair is short and blond and I have stopped bleaching. It does not make my hair feel any better. It lathers poorly. I will use the bottle but not sure I will repurchase. I do like how John Friedas purple colored shampoo for blondes makes my hair feel, even though thats not sulfate free.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by breckennah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product when it was on sale to try it. Otherwise, it's quite over-priced for a product of its quality. It's the first sulfate-free shampoo I've tried and although I don't have anything to compare it to, I'm not impressed.
The smell of the shampoo is nice, kind of relaxing and not very strong. I've gotten compliments on the smell of my hair since I've started using it. I love that the shampoo is all natural, but that's about it.
It does nothing to help dry damaged hair. I've been using it with the matching conditioner, and I'm almost done both bottles, but it hasn't even made my hair shinier. I have been heat-free for almost 2 months yet my hair is dryer than ever! The shampoo has also made my hair flat, and I use to have thick, puffy hair. Lastly, it doesn't lather very well and I have to use almost double the amount of shampoo than I do with other brands.
I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone or use it again after I find a sulfate free shampoo for dry hair that actually works!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair type is thin, curly and dry with a normal scalp. I've read reviews saying how sulfate free shampoos are really nice for hair types just like mine, making your hair softer, curls more defined and less frizziness so I started to research which sulfate free shampoos were available in my country and start trying them just to see if I noticed any difference.

I finally decided to buy a travel size of TBS Rainforest moisture shampoo after reading good reviews online. The travel size only contains 60 ml that allowed me to use it about 4-5 times. I feel like it wasn't long enought to have a solid opinion and I do feel like I have lukewarm feelings towards it.

The first thing I noticed was the smell- it has a very pleasant honey scent (but it doesn't linger) and the product itself is quite liquidy. However, when it came about working the product on my scalp, it felt a bit thick and difficult to distribute evenly. It also makes a poor lather, but that's normal with a lot of sulfate free shampoos.

About detangling I think it was a bit more difficult, but I couldn't notice a big difference. It did make my hair soft but I noticed it would get oilier a bit sooner.
I don't think I'd repurchase again because I'm still new in this whole sulfate free shampoos and I need to try out more of them.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Sulfate free shampoos don't work on my hair. This one in particular left my hair impossibly tangled and frizzy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this as a gift, and because my scalp is quite sensitive I wasn't sure if I should try this. Well, I have been using this for a week now, and it does add volume to my hair. It also feels healthier, without all the chemicals. However, it is rather drying and I suggest that you use a conditioner together with this product. I forgot to use conditioner once, and it was one of the worst mistakes ever - my hair was so dry it kept getting into knots at the slightest movement. The smell is rather pleasant, and it's ingredient list is not bad, but that's about it. Nothing really special about it, and it's pretty expensive for this quality. It makes me drop a lot more hair though. Nonetheless, I still repurchased this, but it's not something I will pay full price for. I stocked up on mine when it was on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

Ok, this is the second review I am writing on this product because last time I think I gave it too harsh a time.

I have long (waist length) bleached hair and I thought this would be a nourishing shampoo because of the 'moisture' in the title.

It's really not very moisturising at all, if anything it makes your hair more dry but the smell is AMAZING I would buy again for that alone.

I usually use this as a second shampoo (I wash my hair every other day) so I will do a first shampoo, rinse, put this on and then conditioner. So it's a bit of a 'take it or leave it' product but I still like it and the consistency is a bit like treacle!

Agree with other posters that you need a LOT to lather well though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by bbailey86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo from the Body Shop smells amazing. I buy from the Body Shop because it doesn't have any junk in them and they are cruelty free. This shampoo can leave my hair feeling coarse but leaving the conditioner on for a good few minutes usually does the trick. Pricey for what it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by AlvaSofia

Firstly, this doesn't contain either parabens, sulphates, silicones nor colourants - how awesome is that?! Yet it still manages to not only make my hair really clean, but also lathers quite nicely which is pretty rare for sulphate free shampoos. I've only used it for about a week so I'm not 100% certain how it will be in the long run, but so far it's been great. And it smells soooooo good!