October 23, 2014 | 1666 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Gloss Pur #9 - Pure Hibiscus

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Gloss Pur is a gorgeous fuchsia pink color. The testure is not sticky. It does not have any shimmer. It has a flowery taste. That is the biggest problem for me. I would not buy this again simply becuase I really have tried better glosses than this. My favourite glosses are NYX mega gloss lipglosses. I have tried plenty of high end lipglosses and I still dont know whay I would spend that amount of money on lipgloss. I bought this from a store that was closing down for only 10 euros. I would not buy again for 10 euro let alone for the original price. I will stick with cheaper glosses.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Moonstruck1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first YSL lipgloss - its 'okay' on its own, but over a lipliner or YSL #9 lipstick (rose stiletto), this gloss is fantastic! The one thing that sold me on this gloss is that its not sticky or heavy like MAC glosses - it feels so soft and delicate on the lips!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by aelaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I bought it on a whim after I saw a friend wearing it and it looked great on her. I agree with the other reviewer that said it should be layered over a lipstick for the best effect. I like to wear it over fuschia lipsticks such as NARS Funny Face when I don't want the matte finish. However, I do like it on bare lips for a subtle wash of bright color. It's great in the summer!

One thing I do not like about this is the brush applicator, but that's just personal preference. I probably won't repurchase just because I don't use it enough to go through it quickly, and by the time I do use it up I'll probably just want to try something else. It's nice to have but I wouldn't run out to get it immediately.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ericabattenberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first YSL gloss I've tried, I brought it online from Debenhams.after reading some reviews. Not very opaque, but it's a gorgeous colour, very sexy pink. It comes with a brush applicator, which I don't like. This gloss seems to need a lipstick underneath, because I'm not impressed with it when worn alone. I find it quite difficult to apply. It forms a bold lip-liner effect, and leaves the rest of my lips very sheer. It's hard to build up the colour to even things out, so you're left with very patchy lips. It doesn't feel like you're wearing a luxurious product either. Maybe it's because of how bad it looks, it just *feels* wrong too. Not very long-lasting either, dissipates and needs retouching every ten minutes. It does have the mango scent and taste, which I love, but I was expecting to be wowed by a brand like YSL.

Edit: After failing to make this work with other lipsticks, I ended up trying it over one of my bright Rouge Voluptes. It works! I'm suprised as I had written this gloss off completely. Definitely one for a posh night out. A shame it doesn't work by itself, but it just needs a gloopy lipstick to grab on to.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

ETA 12/26/2010 - SO and sister commented that this lip gloss is "too purple" and cool-toned for my complexion. I wanted to love it because it's such a gorgeous color in the tube, but alas it's not for my warm golden complexion.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: This is my first YSL lip product and I love it! I've been looking for a fun magenta/fuchsia lip gloss for the longest time and this was it. It's very pigmented and on my lips it shows up as a glossy magenta pink. If layered over concealer, it turns a fun bright Barbie pink. The mango scent is heavenly and the consistency is just right - not too sticky, not too watery. At $30 it's a bit steep, but I love the color and it stays on longer than most glosses I've tried. The only reason why I didn't give it the full five stars is because I wish it were a teensy bit more pigmented/opaque, but other than that it's near perfect.