Clinique Instant relief Mineral powder

2.8

on 2/13/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why people hate this product. I am very fair, red hair and red undertoned skin. I don't use the brush it comes with, rather I use a large blending brush. This stuff is fabulous and I like it much better than Bobbi Brown or Benefit's Lemon-Aid because it does not stick to my oily skin and covers flawlessly. This does not break me out and enhances my skintone. While I do not have a super red tone underskin, this is the only product that I have tried on the market that looks flawless and does not show that you are wearing any powder. Its very natural and I love the pressed powder with the large blending brush. I do not use liquid foundation because I have very oily skin. I use a primer, then this as my blending base and I use Tarte Amazonian Clay Pressed Powder as my "top coat" so to speak. People always compliment me on my make-up. Maybe this combination will work for some as well, but this is a solid overall product. I have been using this for at least 5 years or so.

on 11/10/2011 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Really not good. I don't have redness problems I just wanted a powder that didn't have a particular tone of colour to fixate my foundation. The problem is it doesn't do anything, it has no coverage whatsoever. For the money they are asking they could at least sell something that does something, anything.
If you have redness problems be sure that this will not even anything out for you.
The brush is ok that they give with the powder and you can fixate a little bit your foundation and basically that's all it does.

on 9/9/2011 1:25:00 PM

I bought this to help with my rosacea and shiny t-zone. It's pretty useless. For shine I need to reapply it about every hour or so. I don't bother anymore. For redness, it doesn't do much and can leave you yellow tinted. The only thing I like is the packaging. The exterior mirror got pretty scratched up in my purse but it is nifty for checking yourself out without making a grand production of it. The conveniently stashed mini brush is great too. Altogether, an unimpressive and expensive product. I don't mind paying a lot for quality, but this is not that.

on 8/5/2011 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this product! I have biiiig problems with redness on my face, all over my cheeks, chin, nose etc, and this is really a lifesaver for me.I've tried all those green corrective liquids and concealers before and they just don't work for my skin, i tend to find them too cakey and chalky with the rest of my foundation etc, so when i found this product i thought i'd give it a go. I sweep it on before my foundation, and it calms down the redness in my face without making me look green/yellow. I tried applying it after my foundation and that does give a weird yellow tinge to my pale skin, so before foundation is the best way of applying this I think. The packaging is wicked too as it has a brush included in a compartment underneath, so it's nice and compact for carrying around, and unlike most brushes you get included with products it's pretty good. The BIG downside is the price - i came across this product at a discount outlet store where it was about 11, and if i found it again for that i'd definitely buy it, but full price is just a bit much. However, it does seem to be lasting a long time so i guess its pretty good value for money overall.

on 6/30/2011 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this powder! It did tone down the pink in my skin, and it also helps with the shine! I know it's yellow, but if you have your make up on already, and then swipe this powder over it, you don't see the yellow, but if you put too much, then you do get a yellowish tint to your skin, but it gives you a flawless matte finish! I don't think it's meant to be worn alone, since it's yellow!

on 12/6/2010 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!! This powder is a complete waste of money. First off it's very expensive at $32 . It's part of the clinique redness solutions line so i thought this would help tone down the redness in my skin, NOPE!!! It is nothing more than a yellow mineral powder. if you want yellow skin, go ahead and buy this. It doesnt even give any coverage whatsoever. I think it's the worst product i ever bought in my life. Needless to say i took it back for a refund.

Recommended for Normal Skin