October 31, 2014 | 823 users online

Palettes - Becca - Prairie Moon

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by LalaLoes

I managed to buy this palette for $17 on Amazon, and it has quickly become my favorite. I actually love the brush that is included (which is pretty rare!), especially the eyeliner side of it. The liner in the palette is gorgeous, and all the eye shadows blend together really nice. It is hard to say why exactly, but they just look great on me, with the right amount of pigment and sheer. If I want more oomph it is very easy to build up the color. The lip gloss I could do without, but that is the case with all lip glosses in palettes, it is just not convenient for touch ups and I am never dragging palettes and lip brushes with me. That being said, it is a great palette to travel with, it is very sturdy and has a nice mirror. It is similar, but in my opinion actually better than Bobbi Brown. The price is steep, I am not sure if I would have paid full price, but this has definitely been my gateway palette to Becca.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by northender

Released in Aug 2010, this palette contains three powders, one cakeliner, one lipgloss, and one double ended brush. The powders (which are supposed to be eyeshadows are: matte bone, matte taupe, a shimmery olive green with tiny cool silver sparkles, and a dark olive green cake liner.

The Eyeshadows: These three shadows are true neutral and they pulled neither warm nor cool on me. I am a NC45 and the bone white doesn't chalk out on me, which is a plus. It's not my favorite highlight shade but it will do. It also doubles as a cheek highlighter. The taupe on me is completely boring and pretty much functions as a base only. It may work better on pale or medium complexions. On me, blah. The shimmery olive green with silvery sparkles is the winner - such a gorgeous, complex green. Most shimmery olive greens are warm and golden - this one is not! I am obsessed with green and had to have it.

The shadows play nicely with each other though, and the sum of them blended together is definitely greater than its parts. Gives a really sophisticated smokey green fall eye.

The Liner: Becca's cake liners are some of the best in the business and this one is no exception. Easy to apply, longlasting, with great colors. They never disappoint.

The Lipgloss: It is supposed to be reddish but applies like a clear gloss on my very pigmented lips. I was really disappointed in this gloss but it might work on people with normal lips. Mine are plummy mauve as is. Wish it had been a lip/cheek cream instead because I am not a fan of clear glosses.

The Brush: Great little double-ended powder/liner brush. You can apply and shade with the shadow end and it's great for crease work. The liner side is solid and stiff as well.

The Palette casing: great mirror, very solid. Protects the contents really well.

The Price: Expensive, even with 20% off it was $50.

Overall: Not sure it was really worth it (the taupe and the gloss were huge fails on me), the bone white was just OK, and only the green shadow and liner were stunners for me. Although the resulting "look" is realy pretty, it's not really versatile, you cannot do too many looks with it. I am obsessed with green so I am not upset I bought it. I think it would useful for a paler girl who can work the gloss and the taupe.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No