September 2, 2014 | 1850 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm sphere -medicated tangerine

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by RM83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this product. I didnt have any adverse reactions at all. The smell is definitely stronger than other flavors but it didnt bother me, I kind of liked that it was stronger. I didnt like that it did get super dirty looking after rolling around in my purse, as someone else mentioned. I typically applied right after showering and it helped keep my lips moisturized.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Potatomonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This flavour, as well as the other ones in the EOS Smooth Sphere line really don't do a very good job. All of them wear off quickly and don't moisturize enough, leaving my lips a tad drier than when I began. This one is especially unpleasant in the sense that it contains phenol. Phenol is the stuff that makes this "medicated" and gives it that menthol-esque scent and flavour. Phenol is also not the best for your health as it happens to be an ingredient in paint stripper. It does make this antibacterial, but since these things are supposed to be "natural" and "organic" the fact that in high doses that might kill be isn't really a selling point. Of course, many many things we do everyday can kill us if it is in a high enough dose, but I don't think they even should have gone for a medicated lip balm in their line. Doesn't Blistex and Chapstick do the same thing? I did give this two lips for the fact that it smells delightfully fruity (probably fake) and I quite enjoy the shade of orange they made the sphere plastic. I would not recommend this, nor would I buy it. I borrowed this from a friend once who said she didn't want it! Hope this helped, and take care :-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my least favorite of the eos balms. It smells/tastes too medicinal and it doesn't slip as much as some of the others do. I feel like I'm putting on a hard chapstick --- minus the long-lasting moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ihearteos

This Eos lip balm has medications in it, which really helps heal dry, cracked, or chapped lips in the winter. Some people find the smell of the medicine mixed with the fruity and yummy tangerine scent a bit overwhelming at first, but once you start to use it, it becomes more natural and not as opaque. In my opinion this is the most moisturizing lip balm from the entire Eos line, which is why I love it so much. However, it is only available in the United States, which was a slight disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by FreakingTurtle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has the worst smell. Out of all the EOS balms. It feels nice on my lips everything is really good and what I expect from them, but the smell is horrible. I can smell the tangerine, but I also smell plastic, which I font enjoy. I keep the product cause I have a collection of the balms. So I don't want to throw it out, I'll end up using it, my nose might get uses to the smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

Ugh, I wanted this to work so badly. The smell, packaging, and texture on my lips is great. BUT, this caused me to have a GIGANTIC allergic reaction. My lips were swollen and the underside broke out in a painful rash that covered half my chin. I feel like all medicated lipbalms do this to me because Babylips Dr. Rescue did as well, although not to this degree ugh, why, lips? Why? :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Moisturizing, smells good, and tastes good! I have to keep myself from licking this stuff- oddly enough I like the taste and smell. It's medicated, so some people aren't going to like the smell. Overall I love this balm and am glad I purchased:)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Blackbinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually check the reviews before I buy any product but with this one I made the mistake of not. I've bought EOS other products before and have no problem, until I purchased this ... It didn't smell like "chemicals" it tastes great BUT I wore it to bed one night (btw my lips weren't even chapped) and I woke up for work with inflamed red lips that were tight, rubbery, and hurt like hell!!! It was red over my lip line and gave me cracks in the corners of my mouth. It took me a couple days to get the redness down by saturating my lips in Burt's bees and I'm still applying Burt's bees constantly to get rid of the remaining dryness of my lips. I've never have a medicated lip product do this to me , or ANY type of lip product for that matter. I will NEVER buy this again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by LauraW74

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm!

This is great for when you have a cold and the constant friction of tissues leaves your mouth and nose area chapped and sore. Yep, I use this on and above my lips, as well as around my nostrils. Usually I have a flaky nose for days after a cold, but when I exfoliated with a cloth and applied this throughout the day, the flakes were gone for good! If you deal with frequent sinus issues or allergies, this is a MUST.

It's silly to complain about the scent or texture of this product when it is specifically created and labelled as a medicated lip balm. It goes above and beyond the performance of a typical balm and is well worth it. Besides, I really like both the smell and thickness, I find it moisturizes the lips for longer and leaves a protective barrier. It's chunky-feeling when applied but not once on the lips, when it's smooth and clear.

Pros: Protects, moisturizes, heals and soothes - does not need frequent reapplication, is not "addictive" or too slippery - thick texture makes it long-lasting
Cons: None from my perspective!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by rodenbach

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This lip balm has the worst stench of any lip product I've ever used. It feels like wax going on and not particularly moisturizing. I don't know if it ends up being a good treatment for lips or not, since the smell is so sickening I can't keep it on my lips for more than 30 seconds.