July 24, 2014 | 2124 users online

Other - Burt's Bees - Natural Flouride Whitening Toothpaste in Peppermint

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This toothpaste is awful. I'm a big fan of whitening toothpastes, so I decided to give this one a shot. I wish I hadn't, because this is seriously the worst toothpaste I ever used. First of all, this stuff is thick, almost paste-like, and it's very difficult to squeeze out of the bottle. It doesn't foam up much, so I don't feel like my teeth are actually being cleaned. This doesn't freshen up my mouth at all -- the mint flavor is barely noticeable, and this actually leaves a gross aftertaste in my mouth. To me, the aftertaste is like green tea, which I hate, and it leaves my breath just smelling weird. On top of all that, this did absolutely nothing to whiten my teeth. I know it's just toothpaste, but I was definitely disappointed with this stuff. There are plenty of other natural toothpastes out there that perform much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by jeannab88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The consistency is of thick glue and hard to get onto a toothbrush. The only positive is that the mint flavor is strong which was hard to find in natural toothpastes for me. However, it is horrible fighting and controlling plaque! By the middle of the day, I could feel my teeth becoming fuzzy and that's a bad sign and never happened before. I did notice that after one use, my teeth became sensitive and it was because this toothpaste is abrasive. After brushing, I could still grind some of the crystals in my teeth.

I'll be sticking to my Rembrandt toothpaste even though it isn't as natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Tbelle83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have been on the search for a natural toothpaste. This toothpaste is really hard to get out of the tube, seems super thick. But when I brush my teeth with it it seems to dissolve fast. Flavor is ok. So far between this and Tom's of Maine, I'll go with Tom's.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not care for this toothpaste, so I would not repurchase.

I use an Oral B electric toothbrush. This toothpaste did not seem to work well with the electric toothbrush at all. It immediately turned into runny liquid, no foaming whatsoever. I felt like I had to put more toothpaste on the brush halfway through just to clean my teeth.

And on top of that, the tube split open on the side after a while. Some of the toothpaste ended up squeezing out. I don't think the metal (or whatever this tube is made of) is strong enough.

The taste was a little too sweet for my liking, but the peppermint wasn't overpowering. I have no other complaints for this product. Maybe the things that I dislike about this toothpaste are just personal preferences.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a new product for me, have never seen it sold anywhere, then all of the sudden there it was at RiteAid.

I am a huge fan of Toms of Maine natural toothpaste, and this was a little more expensive, but it came with a free BB Honey lip balm, so I figured I would try it.

Pretty decent, though not as "foamy" as Toms or most commercial brands...though I assume that it is chemicals that produce that foamy-ness, to make one think that their teeth are getting a better cleaning - when really, the foam makes no difference.

The peppermint flavor is nice, but the overall feel when you brush is sort of "squeaky", the way it feels when you brush with just baking soda...sort of...

All in all, I don't find toothpaste and whether or not I love it to be a high priority in my life. This is decent, but nothing earth shattering to use, so when the tube runs out, I will probably just enjoy my free lip balm and go back the cheaper Tom's brand.