Chanel Le Vernis #475 Dragon

4.1

on 2/27/2015 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love chanel nailpolish, and this is One of my favorites! Such a particular shadow of red.. So classy and elegant! A must have

on 12/17/2013 6:28:00 PM

A beautiful, true red - unfortunately, it isn't very good quality. The brush is small and flimsy, the polish is streaky, and it chips within a day. Weirdly, when I try to take it off with polish remover it stains my nails pink (so a basecoat is obviously recommended). Although it's Chanel, and it has gorgeous packaging, etc...it's not half as good as China Glaze, Barry M, and other comparatively cheap polishes.

on 5/20/2013 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As with all Chanel nail polishes, it's all in the prep. I only go to a good manicurist to put on a red of this shade (true french red, blue undertone).

Pros:
1) Vibrant color that works well with my neutral wardrobe
2) Lasting, if put on correctly

Cons:
1) Red is hard to do on your own, and when you take it off, you have pink nails.

Neutral:
1) Cost, seriously? yes it's double the price but if you use it at least 4 times, you definitely have your money back, it's ROI. I only buy colors I would wear more than just once or twice.

on 1/13/2013 12:54:00 PM

After years of buying cheap nail polishes, I decided to go and spoil myself and buy a Chanel red colour nail polish (as it's my favourite colour). After a day, my nails start to chip away!!! After paying 18, you would think it would last at least a week without any sign of chipping! Very disappointing. Will not be buying this product again.

on 11/26/2012 10:04:00 AM

I am very disappointed with this polish. The colour is absolutely gorgeous- the perfect red. But it chips within a day. I have tried using basecoats and topcoats but to no avail.

on 11/5/2012 2:12:00 PM

This chanel nail colour is my favorite nail polish of all times.
You only need one coat to get an opaque colour, the colour is a true red with a satin finish and a creamy consistency. The quality of this nail polish is the best i have ever tried, not every chanel nail polish is this good in quality. If you are looking for a beautiful red nail polish that is quick and easy to apply, this is it! This is worth the money in my oppinion.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Really great, classic red. It looks really polished, has a nice shine and it very classy. Feels very expensive and luxurious to wear. It rarely chips or smudges and would look great on any skin tone. Packaging is beautiful.

on 8/4/2012 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just before I put my opinion on Chanel Le Vernis #475, I just want to point out that what I tend to find with nail products is the same as with every other beauty product; it works better on some people than others, and this is purely just down to your own body's oils and chemicals - the mix is different for everyone! Meaning, one nail polish will last forever on your friend, and not on you! Which, sucks really ha!

Chanel Le Vernis seems to be one of the brands that bodes quite well with my body chemistry, and in addition to a good quality top coat [which for me is Seche Vite all day long], it lasts and lasts. A lot of people on here are saying it isn't a patch on OPI, I think it is on a par at the VERY least!
I really do love my OPI, but I tend to find that after a few months some of them have glooped out of the lid and dried solid - the product on the inside is still perfect [providing you have the elbow grease to prize it open again!]

This doesn't happen with the Chanel - it effectively comes with two lids - the one connected to the brush and a pretty one which just slots on top.
Overall, I'm really impressed with Chanel's range [but I am a real Chanel fanboy who's never been steered wrong with them!]. For me it definitely wears a lot better than Essie, and don't even mention Barry M or Avon - they're not even in the same league!

on 4/13/2012 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I'm a Chanel girl, and I love their design. However the polish never last long as they chip very easy.. I normally always buy Chanel Vernis as I collect them but I tend to use OPI more often as they last longer... However I keep the Chanels at my bathroom as they look sooo pretty

on 3/21/2012 9:00:00 PM

Very nice shade of red!
The quality is not great for the price. It chips easily.
Will not repurchase