December 20, 2014 | 1156 users online

Concealers - Trish McEvoy - Instant Eye Lift Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by mewmewchacha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty good under eye concealer. I went from using Clinique to Chanel to Jouer. Then, my friend sent me a sample of Trish McEvoy's Instant Eye Lift to try and I fell immediately in love. My Jouer stick is now running low and I went and purchased this so I'd have it when I run out and will continue to do so until I find a better under eye concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by biaomiaomiao

It is a very interesting idea - the triangle of light. The method may be useful, but the product is just so-so. I like the skincare ingredient in it and it smells nice. But it is slightly cakey when applied and is also a bit drying. Basically it doesn't look as natural as I had hoped. The good news is that there are better alternatives to draw the triangle of light. So yay! Plus, this is over-priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by yorkie1023

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! I use it alone as a concealer not mixed with concealer as some do. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Dbeech

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of those products that I never would have tried, but I received a small tube in a promotional gift set. I had no expectations for the product, but two years and eight tubes later I am still using it. My under eye routine is to apply the Instant eye lift concealer in a V shape under my eye. I then apply La Prairie Brightening Eye Treatment. This product is similar to YSL Touche Éclat, but better and surprisingly cheaper because you get two tubes. Then I apply Cle de Peau concealer lightly with a brush on the dark area of my tear troughs. Yes, it is a lot to go through every day, but after years of experimenting with countless products, I have found that this works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by AMIGIRL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It's the only concealer (didn't even know it was a concealer) I have ever used that doesn't emphasize my fine wrinkles around my eyes and covers my dark circles very well. I only hope I can find something equivalent at a lower price. I had a sample size given to me, but sadly, I can't afford this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by lingre

WORTH EVERY PENNY! I dont have drastically dark circles but I do have large eyes that are kind of deep set. With large eyes and olive skin comes dark circles. It should def be used with the rest of your makeup and not be the only product you put on your face bc it works and it'll be too noticeable. She has a video to do a triangle of light which is similar to highlight & contour videos you'd find all over youtube. I've used the Chanel concealer before and that is lovely but maybe something you'd use on top of this (although that may even be too heavy). I have the YSL touch eclat and put that on top of this. I'm currently looking into some of her other products and worried I've found a new obsession. I dont really say, "THIS IS MY HG PRODUCT" but this is pretty fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really, my only criticism of this product is the price. It is beaucoup expensive, and I wish I could say that it lasts a long time but I've had to replace several times. The good news is that that I've gotten to the point where I don't think about replacing it; I just do it. I like it that much. A few taps and my very prominent dark circles simply disappear.

I do put some Lancome waterproof concealer on top of it since my circles really are that dark; and I want everything to last all day.

But I do love, love this product. Just wish it was a few dollars less expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by azjavagirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't have high expectations for this product because it looks like it will be along the lines of the iconic brighteners by Dior and YSL, which unfortunately just don't do enough for me to justify having them.

TM Instant Eye Lift is a surprisingly effective product. I have significant dark circles under my eyes now due to aging (why do we lose fat where we DON'T need to do so but keep it everywhere else?) and I need some coverage in addition to brightening. Instant Eye Lift does both.

I use foundation under my eyes to provide some minimal coverage, then put the Instant Eye Lift over the foundation in the inverted V application that TM recommends. The product is a light, creamy liquid that has some opacity but seems to blend into skin without harsh contrast. I get some illumination but I don't get the reverse raccoon look that I get with some other heavy coverage concealers that promise brightening, so my under eye area is lighter and fresher but natural looking.

I don't use TM products exclusively (I admit that I am not faithful to any brand but buy whatever works for me), but the line has some great products. This is one of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by smootsa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

undereye products do a big job - they often have to deal with deep discolouration, shadows, puffiness, thin, dry skin, lines and more.
i've tried a lot of products and found that rotating my favourites on a needs basis has been the best strategy: a peach toned corrector (ben nye or bobbi brown) on the days dark circles are the biggest issue; a thick full cover concealer (mufe) when my skin is dry; a primer (mac prep and prime) if my skin looks lined; a highlighter (guerlain or clarins) when disguising shadows and puffiness is the top priority ... you get the idea.
when a friend of mine confessed she practically uses a tube of instant eye lift a week, despite my having a heap of undereye products already, i decided to give it a go, and i'm so glad i did.
putting aside the fact this could become a very expensive habit, i'm loving the results i'm getting so far. i use shade 1 (a light pink) over the top of whatever foundation (nc15) / tinted moisturiser / concealer i'm wearing and and i get a subtle but effective correcting, concealing and highlighting boost all from one product. plus it's really easy to apply and blends well. i will definitely be repurchasing ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by CyndiK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

**UPDATE / reduced rating: no longer using this simply because of the frangrance; it's a nice scent, but around my eye area especially I only want calming ingrediants- so good-bye. I still like Trish's unscented Correct & Brighten for undereyes for a slim easy to pack light under-eye concealer.**

Nice concealer (it brightens too) for light to medium coverage under eyes. I sometimes use a bit on the eyelids too. I brush it on using the "triangle of light" method that Trish demos on her site- and it does what it says.
Many concealers will cover my eye circles (due to fat loss in this area from aging), but then my skin texture will look worse, more wrinkles. This product softens the circles, brightens the area and improves the look of my skin texture....for an easy natural look.