September 16, 2014 | 1976 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorburst Rosegold

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

The shade is nice - warm bronzey peach which is very nice for autumn months. Yet I didn't like the texture much as it is quite thick for a gloss and bit too thin for a liquid lipstick. It is also quite glittery even though the glitters look like shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a pretty warm nude color with nice golden shimmer. Love it because the texture is just right, no crazy smell or taste, no nasty gritty glitter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

At first, I really thought this was going to be a straight-to-the-junk-drawer purchase. The Colorburst formula is a lot thicker and stickier than I usually prefer. However, it stays smooth and glossy on my lips, rather than going dry and tacky like many thick glosses, and this shade stays put quite well (for a lip gloss). So I'm a fan! I do wish Rosegold had more rose and less gold, but it's quite pretty and versatile anyway. Very pigmented -- seems to completely cover my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gloss tones down (up?) my heavily pigmented mauvey brown lips to a lighter, slightly warm, milky pink. It has shimmer, not glitter, and it's not gritty on my lips. I like the long paddle applicator - I take one side to my bottom lip, then the other side to my top lip, and it's the perfect amount of gloss. I like to wear this color on my lips when I do neutral makeup looks or colorful eye looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mostlybecky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tend to not use any lipcolor because I have large eyes and done lips always look ridiculous, and my lips are naturally a dark/medium pink with almost a fushia/red tone. However, hell-bent on finding a MLBB shade for vacation that blends with my lipcolor, I spent a week of online research and countless hours in CVS trying to find a shade. After using Burt's Bee's Lip Shimmer in Caramel for a few days I knew that a coppery/orange shade would neutralize or even out my natural lip color and bring it up to a more pleasing shade, but I wanted a little more pink. I also wanted shimmer, as normal matte/creamy lipsticks look fakey on me.
I almost went with the peach version of this gloss, but was unhappy with the lack of pigment and wanted a little more pop. I purchased Rosegold and paired it with the Revlon Colorstay Lip Liner in Natural and I'm *extremely* happy. Rosegold is a beautiful coppery pink nude that's lighter than the bottle shows. I wish I could take a picture that does the color justice. I'm surprised that a coppery/orangey pink looks good with my fair skin and dark hair, but I think it works well with already-medium pink lips. It's a gorgeous nude that makes my lips beautiful, but not competing with the rest of my face. I simply love it.
Oh, it seems pretty long-lasting, too, and when I need a little moisture I slick on some Badger Balm over top and the color stays put when I do so. Awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I won't be buying this lip gloss again because I have 3 of them! I am not a lip gloss gal but this color intrigued me and I gave it a shot. I liked it so much that I went out and bought two more....just to have back ups. It compliments my coloring and is fairly long lasting as long as I don't eat or drink while wearing it! Actually, I love it! I have been really pleased with Revlon's ColorBurst products recently. I have a few of their butters and one of their color burst lipsticks. I have some high end lip products but I always seem to reach for the Revlon ones. Good job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is a beautiful warm pink gloss. It's not too dark, but not too light. It can be used alone or over a lipstick. I really like this gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by DyingMessenger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

UGH! I love this lip gloss so much! It is definitely my favorite lip gloss. Use it all the time!

Pros:
-A lovely rose/caramel color with slight gold shimmer tint.
-Goes on very smoothly
-Not sticky
-Eventually dries, color stays on lips
-Smells/tastes great

Cons:
-N/A

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by EverythinqBEAUTY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first and will be purchasing more. I really like this lipgloss. It isn't sticky, applies smoothly to the lips and the pigmentation is good enough for me. I have pigmented lips and this color definitely shows up on my lips(which is hard to find a lipgloss that gives color, being that they usually just give me a glossy look) I can pair this with a lipstick or even wear it alone. Favorite drugstore lipgloss and can't wait to get more!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't normally use gloss but I decided to give this a try after seeing it on sale at $3.99 CDN b4 taxes. Usually it's about $9.99 CDN b4 taxes.
Overall I would have to say that you notice the gloss part more than the color itself. The actual color of this product is lighter than what you see in the packaging. It does have quite a strong "power" of gloss more than color pigmentation.
It does have a scent of some sort (not floral or a fragrance of some sort), but it's not over powering to the point of it being noticeable while wearing it.
The packaging is sleek, and the top lid clicks into place when you close it. It has a rather long wand with a felt tip applicator at the end where you get most of the product when you take it out of the tube.
It does last all day but after eating or drinking you notice that the shininess somewhat wanes so you may want to reapply if you always want to keep that fresh gloss look on your lips.
0.20 fl. oz or 5.9ml, and no SPF
May buy this again in the future but since it has such a strong gloss component, this product will last me a very long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No