July 24, 2014 | 1226 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by urbanangel007

I really like this product & prefer it over all the other drugstore brands powder. It gives the coverage I need without caking & gives me a beautiful glow. I have the "Light" & it's the perfect shade for my skin tone. The pros are that it's good value for money, the coverage is decent & it stays most of the day without touch ups. The cons are that the packaging is bulky as hell which means u can't carry it around unless u have a backpack..this will not fit into your clutch or small purse & that means no touch ups on the go. That's it. 1 con. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Imagine spritzing some oxidized loose powder with a squirt bottle and then applying the results to your face with a flat eyeshadow brush. To me, that's absolutely the most accurate way of describing this product. If I were having a bad complexion day and this was al I could find in my makeup bag, I would probably still use it. Sparingly (because it cakes and clumps). And with something, anything, other than the brush it comes with (because it's so useless, you'd get the same results trying to apply the makeup with an imaginary brush). Yes, if you dust one layer of this on ever so lightly, you could probably get away with not looking totally ridiculous, although if you have fair skin like me, you'll want to wear a scarf because the lightest shade won't match your neck. This makeup is drying, even on my oily complexion. It goes on unevenly no matter what tool you use to apply it (unless you use the brush you paid extra for because then you won't be applying it at all), and I would be shocked if I saw it on the shelves for much longer. Like most colorstay products, this makeup does stay on all day. But would you really want it to? It's interesting in that it feels kid of wet and cool going on, but who buys makeup for the purpose of experiencing an odd sensation? I am giving this two "stars" because I have found that if you have a really good translucent powder and an excellent kabuki brush you can blend this makeup enough so that it's presentable, but this takes some effort. The packaging is nice, and the product doesn't spill out of it. Sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by geegeegee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I read some reviews here and get so confused - how can you possibly NOT love this product? But then again, everyone has different skin and ways of working with make-up and/or hopes for the product. In my case, I absolutely adore it and have already three cans from this line - one a tad bit darker for summer and two in the fairest "Fair/Light" for winter. And considering that they cost 2000 yen each here in Japan, I think it says a lot about how much I like them. I have a liquid foundation from another brand but it got quickly abandoned the very same day I found this product (that I took on a pure whim... and it paid out!). It is a full-on foundation, this one (black lid), although it seems like there are other versions too.

So, on to the pros with it:
1. The colour matches my NC15 skin tone perfectly. Not many products tend to be light and neutral with a tiny hint of yellow'ish in them. Most are pink'ish and makes me look... well, weird.
2. The cooling sensation makes it feel like it melts into my skin and becomes a part of it, creepy as it may sound, but it very for me especially in the summer when it's 35 degrees Celsius outside and I need some cooling down.
3. It holds perfectly in dry windy winter and in humid hot summer.
4. When it comes on it STAYS on. In a 18 hours school day, all I may need is some blotting for the nose around noon in summers.
5. The longevity. I use quite a bit everyday and YET one can lasts for at least 5 months. The summer one? Not over yet, and still it was the only thing I used from June until October.
6. It melts into my skin, a combined skin with acne prone areas. In the winter some parts gets more dry than others, but just prepare with a good moisterizer and there's no problem.
7. On the skin, I thought it looked a bit glittery/shimmery on my hand first, but when finally on the face I see no traces of it anywhere at all. I even asked friends about it, first time when I wore it outside, but not even the most honest one who always tells me when mascara is all over the place could see anything weird with it.
8. The coverage is good. It isn't a pore-covering product nor the heaviest cover (I'd say a 3) but have a primer over pores and a concealer and the result is amazing. I don't actually own a concealer but just use the foundation a bit extra, but it works like a charm that too.
9. I have a tendency to fall asleep a bit everywhere, call it exhaustion or just general stupidity (coming home from the club in the morning and falling face first into bed), but even asleep with this product on I won't break out. With my liquid foundation from another brand, I wake up next morning looking like I've never heard about skincare, but with this on I look like I did the night before skin-wise. Surprisingly much staying on too, considering how I rub my face against the pillows.
10. The design is good for me, and it's round and easily goes down in any bag I own. No worries about accidentally opening it either.

But, as with everything, the cons:
1. The brush is shitty. I won't lie about that. It might be okay, but it doesn't do it for be AT ALL since it's too small and just annoys the heck out of me. So what do I do? Use a bigger brush. Problem solved.
2. The product inside is easy to get out into the lid? Well, that's positive, but it's not as fun when you've travelling and when opening the can realizes that half of the contents have come out. It makes dipping the brush and working the product a bit more difficult. I'd love to see some changes with the design of it.
3. Because of the brush that comes along, the top is unnecessarily big and annoys me. Take away the brush-holding part and the lid-top becomes half the size and I'd personally prefer that.

That's all I could remember for now, but if there's any changes or such I'll make sure to edit this review.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Jocelynwinns

First translucent powder I have tried, it is light and refreshing. Doesn't help my makeup last very long when I am sweating. It has a lot of glitter in it which I don't really like considering it's supposed to give a "shine free finish"

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Gigglesfordays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got this product on clearance for only a few dollars and decided to give it a try. I didn't like it very much because the cooling feeling freaked me out and the packaging was too frustrating to deal with because too much product always ended up on my brush. I did use it on my friend who has impossibly dry skin, and I mean her skin is IMPOSSIBLY DRY. Anyways, I used it on her before we went out to a party for New Years, and it looked great on her as the night progressed. She used it on top of the 3 and 1 foundation from CoverGirl and while it looked a little cakey when it was first applied, it quickly changed to give her a smooth, satin finish. It's a good product, just be sure to apply it sparingly and to slowly build it to the coverage you want. Slowly. Dear God, SLOWLY.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by GlamourBella

This stuff is just gross.

Here's why:

-TOO MUCH SHIMMER. I'm trying to cover blemishes on my face, not point to them with giant glittery disco ball chunks

-Cakes like all hell. Literally just sits on top of your skin.

-Sorry but the "cooling sensation" is awful. Every time I put the stuff on my face it feels like the brush is wet and I'm smearing on mineral powder with a dirty wet brush which just feels disgusting and I just can't get over that.

Main reason I purchased this was it was on sale, and it actually had a shade light enough for my super pale skin, which is very rare especially mineral makeup. So that was great, too bad everything else about the performance of this product sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this product today. My first impression of it is refreshing. it felt very cool nd light on my skin. I rlly like how clever they was with the little brush. hoe its built into the cap. lol but i will buy this again totally worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. The brush included works if you have no other option, but it is quite stiff and difficult to use. It is quite bulky packaging, but I am glad that there was a sifter and the brush is collapsible and fits into the lid. Now onto the product inside. This product definitely has some novelty in it with the cooling sensation that you will feel when the powder is brushed onto your face. BUT this product has very little coverage. If you have great skin, then this will give you a nice finish. It has some glitter in it, but it won't make you look like a disco ball. I was not expecting this to have any mattifying properties because it is called Colorstay Aqua, but I would like to mention that it made no difference to my skin. It did not make it more or less oily. This does come with a lot of product, but will get cakey if layers of this are applied. That is why I cannot emphasize enough that this is for people with good skin who would like a bit of glow and a nice finish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

OMFG cake face. This is the cakiest powder I've ever used. Even the tiniest amount settles into every single line, pore and crease. It feels heavy AND drying (where is this moisturizing property?). It's basically the worst powder I've used. I returned it. Waste of money and ruined my makeup for the day. So bad I had to wash my face after putting it on as I wouldn't want to be seen in public. Yuck. Awful. Its only redeeming quality is that it's really fun to put on as it has a cooling effect. But guess what, so do lots of other powders that aren't terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by saragarlen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It gives great coverage, but its still light feeling! I use this with the Revlon Colorstay 24 hour foundation, and they go perfect together. When I bought this (11/13/14) Ulta had their Revlon foundations buy one get one half off, so I just ended up paying $6. I even use the brush that came with it. Will buy again :)