September 2, 2014 | 1474 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Large Mineral Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by hanabi318

I initially was searching for an alternative to the Sephora Platinum Airbrush #55 and came across a blogger who used this brush for powder foundation. My first impression was this brush is huge with a pretty long handle. The synthetic bristles are extremely soft, dense, and do not shed at all. I can't compare this brush to the Sephora 55 brush yet, but I am happy with how it works for my pressed and loose powder. Because the brush head is so large, for loose powder, you need a wide lid to actually splay the bristles out a bit and swirl the brush to pick up the powder evenly. The Sephora #55 brushhead has a slight domed shape, whereas this brush is more tapered and pinched at the ferrule...depending on how I store it, it can be a tapered brush that has two flat sides for dabbing powder onto the face or slightly rounded to blend in circular motion. I normally use a small contour brush to apply powder around smaller and narrower areas around my eyes and use this brush for the rest of my face and neck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this brush from EM. It silky and doesn't shed at all for me. I love that the handle is made out of bamboo. Really you can't go wrong with EM brushes. I actually use this one to apply my EM foundation (but now after reading some reviews I'm questioning whether this is intended to be a foundation brush...) and have had it for several months now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

I really have no use for this brush besides prep and prime powder from MAC. It's a bit big to be functional for face color. it is too big for the lid, always dusty when picking up product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a really big fan of this brush. As an EDM brush, it is very soft and holds its shape nicely after cleaning. I've been using this to apply my powder. This is one of the nicest powder brushes I've ever had. I guess my only complaint is the really long wooden handle - it could be a bit shorter. This is a dense and fluffy soft brush that is great for applying face powder or would also work great as a brush for applying bronzer to the body.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by jenjen8000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using bareminerals make-up for quite a few years now but have always found the brushes really scratchy. As someone with sensitive skin it has worried me that buffing too much with these brushes will damage my skin. After a lot of deliberation I decided to try the everyday minerals ones instead. Omg they are sooo soft, I love them! They are also really cheap. My fave so far is the large mineral brush. It is so huge it feels really luxurious on my skin, it picks up plenty of bronzer and distributes it really evenly so it looks really natural. I have two negatives 1. the brush is so big and fluffy that when you swirl your minerals you have to do it carefully otherwise you have powder floating everywhere which is a bit of a waste 2. it takes two days to dry as it's so big! A travel cap would also be useful to protect the bristles. I have only washed it once so far but no shedding. I would only use this for powder and bronzer as for me it is too big for blusher and not compact enough for foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, LOVE this brush. It is SO BIG and I love it. I own the EM flat top brush and the long handled kabuki and I love them both, but this one is great for light, quick coverage and for face powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by nena505

I love this brush. It's so soft and full and luxurious. Best of all it is inexpensive. I was afraid it was just the large version of the kabuki brush, but it i not as dense, very fluffy. Perfect for light dusting of powders. I use it for my finishing powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by speedbumpmeatpuppet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although I'm not a fan of how EM has been re-formulating everything all willy-nilly, I have to admit that I have not yet found a better MMU brush than their long-handled kabuki. I decided that I neeeeeeded another brush for when my EM kabuki was drying (I own the flat-top, but because it gives heavier coverage, I only reach for it on special occasions), and the long-handle was out of stock online. So, I thought I'd give this brush a try.

It's listed at $14 US, and it comes packaged in a thin plastic sleeve. First up? This thing sheds like a mofo. A few hairs doesn't bother me, but this thing hasn't stopped shedding since I got it! Kind of annoying- I never had that problem with my other two EM brushes. Mine also had a smell when it first arrived, but it went away after I washed it, so no biggie.

As for application and coverage? This brush is good if you want a light application (for those no-makeup makeup days), but I found that trying to add layers with this brush doesn't work nearly as well as with the kabuki; it just doesn't go on as smoothly or blend in as well. It's one of those things that I notice at the end of the day-- my makeup holds up much better when I use the kabuki.

On the upside, since the brush head is so ginormous, it takes less time to cover your whole face-- great for busy mornings! And for when I just want a light application, this brush beats any other brush I own.

Overall? If you just need the lightest of coverage, I'd get this one. But for versatility, I'd pick the cheaper long-handled kabuki.

Note: I did not use this brush to apply my finishing powder, because I'm madly in love with Too Faced's powder pouf brush. It's amaaaaaazing and it makes every other powder brush look and feel like crap, so I just didn't bother.

EDIT: Taking some lippies off; this brush just does not hold up. It just flops around and provides no coverage- I don't even use it for light applications anymore (I use my Too Faced kabuki). Looks like it's destined for the Makeup Drawer of Sadness (um, that's where I toss all the stuff that I paid good money for, but can't return).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This brush is huge! It actually happens to be the biggest makeup brush that I own. I have used it for applying foundation and finishing pwder with. And, I find that it allows for better layering and buffing overall.

It does grab onto product very well. It is very soft and glides across the face like silk. It also has a very plush brush head with a noticeably round shape. And, the brush's shape does allow for a more polished makeup look to be achieved overall.