September 15, 2014 | 1822 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - E.L.F. - Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this some time ago out of curiosity about the ELF brand and started using it this summer because my usually NC44 foundations have started looking a bit ashy now that my skin shade has darkened. I'm now an NC45, and purchased this in Almond, which seems to be a perfect match.

My skin is dry, and this product leaves it looking hydrated and glowy. I apply this lotion consistency TM with my fingers after moisturising, with no primer or powder, and find it to last for about 4hrs in average 25 degree weather. The lasting power isn't great, so i need to reapply midday.

The coverage is light, even and very natural looking, which works if you don't require heavier coverage and you like the natural, no makeup look. It's light coverage partially covers blemishes and does a good job of evening out my skin tone and making my skin look smooth.

I have been wearing this over the summer and find the colour to be spot on, if anything, very slightly orangey, which seems to give my NC45 skintone a nice summer gold bronze colour, with no oxidation or colour change. I understand the mixed reviews and think this is because this product only works if it matches your skin colour well, as I didn't like this product when my skin colour was a shade lighter - I thought it was powdery and coarse.

So I have repurchased another two in Almond and Caramel, so that hopefully I can continue to enjoy this when my skin lightens down again. Overall a good buy, nice practical packaging, and great value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by sgabriel0831

It's amazing! It's a very light moisturizer, more ideal for normal and combo skin, which I have. It covers the little redness I have naturally on my face. Not so much acne scars.. but that's why it's a tinted moisturizer not a foundation or concealer. ALSO THE BEST THING IS that my face is fair while my body is fair with very warm/yellow toned. So it's makes my face completely match the tone of my body. And it looks so natural. Its perfect for me, for light everyday coverage. I have it in porcelain.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Jalanalexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like it because if you're color is a little bit off you look orange. Also it gave barely any coverage. It was also kinda streaky.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by conneriscatastrophic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coverage: Poor, almost none whatsoever.
Feel: A little greasy
Scent: Funky, almost has a spoiled sunblock scent.
Lasting Power: 1-2 hours, if even that.
WARNING: Product has 2 kinds of cancer causing parabens in it.
Overall: Horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm gonna be quite honest here. I was at Walmart looking for a new tinted moisturizer sort of item and I decided to give this a try. My shade is beige and it matches me perfectly (for a reference I am an NC42 in mac and I have a medium complexion with neutral undertones). I went to an amusement park and I used a flat foundation brush to apply this. You do have to work pretty fast (section by section) because it does dry pretty fast and make sure to really blend it out. The coverage is light to medium. It stays on forever and didn't make me shiny whatsoever! Will probably be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kspaffy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It sucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I bought this product at target (Canada) for about 4 dollars, and it thought it would be a good alternative to wearing a full face of foundation on hot summer days. And, this product just didn't do much for me.

When I opened it, it smelled kinda funky, and it kinda turned me off. (The smell goes away after I apply it, but eug) I have the product in porcelain, and in the tube it looked exactly like my skin tone.

I was wrong, haha! It started to oxidize after a little while, and it turned slightly yellow and orangey on my skin, and did not blend into my neck. As for the coverage, it's a bit too sheer for me I guess! I have a bit of dark sports and acne, and I couldn't really get any coverage out of it. I had the product for about... 4 hours, and it faded a lot since then. So was not really long lasting. And yikes, I broke out a little bit everywhere from the cream, since it was the only thing that I changed about my makeup routine!

The only thing I did like about it was that it didn't cake, clump, or streak, and looked pretty natural. So if you can find the right shade, and don't have troubled skin, it could work for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Giron0922

I bought this a while ago and just recently tried it out since the Texas summer heat is not made for heavy foundations. I got the color nude and it's a perfect match for me I'm a medium tan skin tone. It has light to medium coverage, very build-able. The finish is a natural satin finish. I find that it covers very well at least for me and it's light as a feather. It's not sweat proof but it last a really long time compared to other foundations that are also much more expensive. Overall I'm very pleased and will be purchasing again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Aimbl

I am Asian Pacific Islander, nc 35-40, age 46, with seasonally combination sensitive, milia prone skin. I have tried a bunch of drug store brand bb creams in attempt to find a tinted moisturizer with SPF that did not break me out. I have repurchased this tinted moisturizer in almond twice. When applied sparingly on well exfoliated cheeks and forehead, this moisturizer makes me look flushed and tan - people ask if I have been in the sun. I have also purchased this in beige - which I plan to mix in when the weather gets cooler. (The color almond will look orange if you use too much or don't blend at the edges of your face or if you apply on skin that is on the oily side).
Since I don't use the elf tinted moisturizer on my oily zone, it's easiest for me to apply it over a neutral sunscreen (paulas choice ultra light weight SPF 25 works best for me and dries matte almost like a primer). The elf moisturizer sinks in, and provides minimal light coverage (it doesn't cover some discoloration I have from laser) but it makes my skin look smoother and healthier. Even with two products on, I get a casual beachy look.
I also mix the elf moisturizer into sunscreens that I would not normally use due to extreme white cast which alone makes it a worthwhile purchase for me. This product has not caused any milia or other outbreaks which I normally get from heavy products with SPF. Because I don't apply this over my oily areas (nose and chin) it doesn't oxidize. And because I do use a chemical BHA and AHA exfoliant regularly, it does not accentuate dry skin.
In comparison to other BB creams, elf seems lighter on the skin than maybelline bb; has more coverage and less fragrance than l'oreal; is lighter and less fragranced than Garnier (though I have not tried the Garnier oil free). The elf Removes easily with either make up remover or cervave face wash. I do blot with clean and clear oil blotting paper or dust areas prone to shine in the summertime, but I would not use any tinted moisturizer on those areas anyway.

Edit: forgot to add for people who want a less orange, beachy glowy color; more matte coverage in a thicker BB cream (down side is you do have to work it into the skin a bit more and there is a slight fragrance that dissipates once on, but it's nothing as heavy as loreal or Garnier) try lumene illuminating vitamin C bb cream in 02 medium if you are roughly nc 35 or a bit darker. Compared to the elf, lumene is lighter in color and more neutral in tone. The illuminating reads as a bit whitish on my skin so I just massage in a bit more. It feels and is heavier in weight/texture; it's not cakey but it does have a slight powdery finish suitable for work. It is definitely not as fluid as the elf. And four times the price at cvs. Doesn't break out my sensitive problem skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by SocialBeach