October 22, 2014 | 1824 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - E.L.F. - Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by SingAllYouWant

I have tried so many ways to use this product on my very light skin, and even in the lightest shade it shows up orange on my face. I would be so happy if it worked on me because the price is excellent, however for me, it's a flop.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by signedxchantese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used other bb creams before and noting ever matched my deep complexion. Espresso is the perfect "no-coverage but nice glow" type of tinted moisturizer. I'm a NW45 in Mac. It's the perfect color but it barely has coverage, but it's def build-able. For $3? Yeah, this is something I'd rebuy a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by EpicBeanie

I have never used this product but I just wanted to reply to the guy who rated this one star, if you knew there were 2 cancer ingredients in the product why the heck would you use it?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this some time ago out of curiosity about the ELF brand and started using it this summer because my usually NC44 foundations have started looking a bit ashy now that my skin shade has darkened. I'm now an NC45, and purchased this in Almond, which seems to be a perfect match.

My skin is dry, and this product leaves it looking hydrated and glowy. I apply this lotion consistency TM with my fingers after moisturising, with no primer or powder, and find it to last for about 4hrs in average 25 degree weather. The lasting power isn't great, so i need to reapply midday.

The coverage is light, even and very natural looking, which works if you don't require heavier coverage and you like the natural, no makeup look. It's light coverage partially covers blemishes and does a good job of evening out my skin tone and making my skin look smooth.

I have been wearing this over the summer and find the colour to be spot on, if anything, very slightly orangey, which seems to give my NC45 skintone a nice summer gold bronze colour, with no oxidation or colour change. I understand the mixed reviews and think this is because this product only works if it matches your skin colour well, as I didn't like this product when my skin colour was a shade lighter - I thought it was powdery and coarse.

So I have repurchased another two in Almond and Caramel, so that hopefully I can continue to enjoy this when my skin lightens down again. Overall a good buy, nice practical packaging, and great value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by sgabriel0831

It's amazing! It's a very light moisturizer, more ideal for normal and combo skin, which I have. It covers the little redness I have naturally on my face. Not so much acne scars.. but that's why it's a tinted moisturizer not a foundation or concealer. ALSO THE BEST THING IS that my face is fair while my body is fair with very warm/yellow toned. So it's makes my face completely match the tone of my body. And it looks so natural. Its perfect for me, for light everyday coverage. I have it in porcelain.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Jalanalexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like it because if you're color is a little bit off you look orange. Also it gave barely any coverage. It was also kinda streaky.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by conneriscatastrophic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coverage: Poor, almost none whatsoever.
Feel: A little greasy
Scent: Funky, almost has a spoiled sunblock scent.
Lasting Power: 1-2 hours, if even that.
WARNING: Product has 2 kinds of cancer causing parabens in it.
Overall: Horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm gonna be quite honest here. I was at Walmart looking for a new tinted moisturizer sort of item and I decided to give this a try. My shade is beige and it matches me perfectly (for a reference I am an NC42 in mac and I have a medium complexion with neutral undertones). I went to an amusement park and I used a flat foundation brush to apply this. You do have to work pretty fast (section by section) because it does dry pretty fast and make sure to really blend it out. The coverage is light to medium. It stays on forever and didn't make me shiny whatsoever! Will probably be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kspaffy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It sucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I bought this product at target (Canada) for about 4 dollars, and it thought it would be a good alternative to wearing a full face of foundation on hot summer days. And, this product just didn't do much for me.

When I opened it, it smelled kinda funky, and it kinda turned me off. (The smell goes away after I apply it, but eug) I have the product in porcelain, and in the tube it looked exactly like my skin tone.

I was wrong, haha! It started to oxidize after a little while, and it turned slightly yellow and orangey on my skin, and did not blend into my neck. As for the coverage, it's a bit too sheer for me I guess! I have a bit of dark sports and acne, and I couldn't really get any coverage out of it. I had the product for about... 4 hours, and it faded a lot since then. So was not really long lasting. And yikes, I broke out a little bit everywhere from the cream, since it was the only thing that I changed about my makeup routine!

The only thing I did like about it was that it didn't cake, clump, or streak, and looked pretty natural. So if you can find the right shade, and don't have troubled skin, it could work for you!