July 24, 2014 | 1780 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - E.L.F. - Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by conneriscatastrophic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coverage: Poor, almost none whatsoever.
Feel: A little greasy
Scent: Funky, almost has a spoiled sunblock scent.
Lasting Power: 1-2 hours, if even that.
WARNING: Product has 2 kinds of cancer causing parabens in it.
Overall: Horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm gonna be quite honest here. I was at Walmart looking for a new tinted moisturizer sort of item and I decided to give this a try. My shade is beige and it matches me perfectly (for a reference I am an NC42 in mac and I have a medium complexion with neutral undertones). I went to an amusement park and I used a flat foundation brush to apply this. You do have to work pretty fast (section by section) because it does dry pretty fast and make sure to really blend it out. The coverage is light to medium. It stays on forever and didn't make me shiny whatsoever! Will probably be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kspaffy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It sucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I bought this product at target (Canada) for about 4 dollars, and it thought it would be a good alternative to wearing a full face of foundation on hot summer days. And, this product just didn't do much for me.

When I opened it, it smelled kinda funky, and it kinda turned me off. (The smell goes away after I apply it, but eug) I have the product in porcelain, and in the tube it looked exactly like my skin tone.

I was wrong, haha! It started to oxidize after a little while, and it turned slightly yellow and orangey on my skin, and did not blend into my neck. As for the coverage, it's a bit too sheer for me I guess! I have a bit of dark sports and acne, and I couldn't really get any coverage out of it. I had the product for about... 4 hours, and it faded a lot since then. So was not really long lasting. And yikes, I broke out a little bit everywhere from the cream, since it was the only thing that I changed about my makeup routine!

The only thing I did like about it was that it didn't cake, clump, or streak, and looked pretty natural. So if you can find the right shade, and don't have troubled skin, it could work for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Giron0922

I bought this a while ago and just recently tried it out since the Texas summer heat is not made for heavy foundations. I got the color nude and it's a perfect match for me I'm a medium tan skin tone. It has light to medium coverage, very build-able. The finish is a natural satin finish. I find that it covers very well at least for me and it's light as a feather. It's not sweat proof but it last a really long time compared to other foundations that are also much more expensive. Overall I'm very pleased and will be purchasing again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Aimbl

I am Asian Pacific Islander, nc 35-40, age 46, with seasonally combination sensitive, milia prone skin. I have tried a bunch of drug store brand bb creams in attempt to find a tinted moisturizer with SPF that did not break me out. I have repurchased this tinted moisturizer in almond twice. When applied sparingly on well exfoliated cheeks and forehead, this moisturizer makes me look flushed and tan - people ask if I have been in the sun. I have also purchased this in beige - which I plan to mix in when the weather gets cooler. (The color almond will look orange if you use too much or don't blend at the edges of your face or if you apply on skin that is on the oily side).
Since I don't use the elf tinted moisturizer on my oily zone, it's easiest for me to apply it over a neutral sunscreen (paulas choice ultra light weight SPF 25 works best for me and dries matte almost like a primer). The elf moisturizer sinks in, and provides minimal light coverage (it doesn't cover some discoloration I have from laser) but it makes my skin look smoother and healthier. Even with two products on, I get a casual beachy look.
I also mix the elf moisturizer into sunscreens that I would not normally use due to extreme white cast which alone makes it a worthwhile purchase for me. This product has not caused any milia or other outbreaks which I normally get from heavy products with SPF. Because I don't apply this over my oily areas (nose and chin) it doesn't oxidize. And because I do use a chemical BHA and AHA exfoliant regularly, it does not accentuate dry skin.
In comparison to other BB creams, elf seems lighter on the skin than maybelline bb; has more coverage and less fragrance than l'oreal; is lighter and less fragranced than Garnier (though I have not tried the Garnier oil free). The elf Removes easily with either make up remover or cervave face wash. I do blot with clean and clear oil blotting paper or dust areas prone to shine in the summertime, but I would not use any tinted moisturizer on those areas anyway.

Edit: forgot to add for people who want a less orange, beachy glowy color; more matte coverage in a thicker BB cream (down side is you do have to work it into the skin a bit more and there is a slight fragrance that dissipates once on, but it's nothing as heavy as loreal or Garnier) try lumene illuminating vitamin C bb cream in 02 medium if you are roughly nc 35 or a bit darker. Compared to the elf, lumene is lighter in color and more neutral in tone. The illuminating reads as a bit whitish on my skin so I just massage in a bit more. It feels and is heavier in weight/texture; it's not cakey but it does have a slight powdery finish suitable for work. It is definitely not as fluid as the elf. And four times the price at cvs. Doesn't break out my sensitive problem skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by SocialBeach

Was okay

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by zibzib99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this tinted moisturizer! it provides amazing coverage when i apply with a buffing brush and then i apply the elf clarifying powder on top and it's amazing. it doesn't cover hyperpigmentation so it's not that strong so use concealer where you need it but amazinggg for the price. i already got 3 extra #stockingup hahahha

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Luchsucks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay. I really wanted this to be my go-to TM since it's so cheap and packed with natural skin friendly ingredients. I am nc32-nc35 depending on my tan. I got the color sand which was too dark especially because this does get darker throughout the day. I mixed it with beige and it's a perfect match! It feels fresh on your skin and not heavy at all. If you are replacing this for your foundation I rec' using a primer. however, this isn't my holy grail at all, But for the price this is pretty good. Only 3$ give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is your basic run of the mill TM. I usually end up reaching for this because its quick and always have it on hand. I just use it to give my skin that balances skin tone since I have some hyper pigmentation. This is a definite re-purchase for me because its so cheap and always handy. Hasn't broken me out in the 3 yrs I've been using it.