December 20, 2014 | 1176 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - E.L.F. - Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by LuckyRubberDucky

I did not expect this product to cover like a foundation, but I at least expected it to go on smooth and provide some coverage. It was streaky going on and you have to use a lot of it to cover adequately. If you don't use enough it clumps and streaks even worse. It also seemed to have a bit of a shimmer to it which just accentuated the flaws on my face.

Coming out of the bottle, it smells sour like Greek yogurt but once its on your face it just smells of a strong sunscreen. It doesn't bother me too much, but it is a pretty strong smell. It has a sticky texture that is hard to rub in. Once its rubbed in it made my face feel and look very greasy.

It wasn't a complete waste for only $3, but I would not buy it again. With so many foundations that now have SPF in them, there are better options for an all-in-one product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Lizzielizay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't buy this if you are fair skinned or looking for something with coverage. I used the lightest shade which is Porcelain and when it oxidizes it literally looks orange or like you smeared some mustard on your face. This would be a good tinted moisturizer for someone with tan skin that doesn't need any coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

*Please read: Tinted moisturizers are literally plain moisturizers with a little bit of color in them & thatís why itís sheer. Itís not ďlike foundationĒ & whatever coverage it offers wonít be anything like liquid foundation makeup. It will even out your skin tone, but only a little bit. Think of it like this: Does your everyday moisturizer cover your blemishes & scars? No. Why would a tinted moisturizer?

I bought e.l.f. Studio Tinted Moisturizer (in shade Almond) & I loved it. Itís lighter & more wearable in the summer. Its finish is semi-matte & thereís not a whole lot of moisture in it so itís not going to make my face melt off or make it too oily. It does have SPF 20; I like to use it as a BB cream or as a tinted moisturizer because I donít like wearing a face of foundation all the time in hot weather. With that being said, this isnít an alternative to wearing actual sunblock. The SPF is high, but because itís combined with a moisturizer the sun protection & the moisturizer are both less effective.

I just apply it using my fingers because itís light & rub it all over my face like I would a regular moisturizer. Itís actually really pigmented, but only enough to even out my skin toneónot much coverage. It gives me a quick & natural look & I need it because Iím a (lazy) college student. This product, mascara, powder, & MAC ďAngelĒ lipstick are what I wear for an everyday makeup look. Itís a lot lighter than foundation so I would definitely suggest it for the summer because it wears naturally & isnít greasy-looking on my already oily skin. I donít recommend this if you like dewy finishes; but, I donít mean to say itís better for oily skin either because it doesnít control oil. It costs $3 for the 0.88fl oz/25mL tube & just something reasonably priced to experiment with if youíre tired of foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by ImAllAboutDatFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably the worst tinted moisturizer for combination/ acne prone skin. I broke out everytime I tried to wear this foundation. I do not think it is worth the $3 dollars that it retails for. I think that the colors run way too pink and not yellow enough. It also contains mineral oil, which is not good if you do not want that greasy look or breakouts. I got shades sand and almond for my NC 42-44 skin tone, and they did not work for me at all. I think that if you have dry skin and it is not sensitive, then I think this would be perfect for you. Overall, this was a fail for me and I will not be repurchasing these again. Sorry E.L.F. this was not one of your better products for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by nigenasai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably the worst tinted moisturizer product I've gotten. I put it on and it makes my face look greasy, it smells like expired and extremely old sunblock. When I put it on my face, the smell lingers all throughout the day. I haven't gotten to see how long it's staying power is, because by then my nose can barely take the smell anymore so I wash it all off. I keep trying to give it chances, hoping it would work, and maybe I'm Doing something wrong, but it's really just a bad product overall. It has mineral oil in it, which is super bad for your skin, I guess you could say I was desperate at the time for a cheap quick tinted moisturizer, but this wasn't even worth 3$. When you apply it on dry skin it makes you have these patches of dry skin being colored by the tinted moisturize, which mainly defeats its purpose. The main ingrediant was mineral oil, so I barely believe any of the "aloe and vitamins a and c" in it. It's already bad as is. Consistency was very runny and kept running all over my hands the minute I open the bottle. Overall very bad product, and don't even think about buying it because it's cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by SingAllYouWant

I have tried so many ways to use this product on my very light skin, and even in the lightest shade it shows up orange on my face. I would be so happy if it worked on me because the price is excellent, however for me, it's a flop.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by signedxchantese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used other bb creams before and noting ever matched my deep complexion. Espresso is the perfect "no-coverage but nice glow" type of tinted moisturizer. I'm a NW45 in Mac. It's the perfect color but it barely has coverage, but it's def build-able. For $3? Yeah, this is something I'd rebuy a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by EpicBeanie

I have never used this product but I just wanted to reply to the guy who rated this one star, if you knew there were 2 cancer ingredients in the product why the heck would you use it?

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this some time ago out of curiosity about the ELF brand and started using it this summer because my usually NC44 foundations have started looking a bit ashy now that my skin shade has darkened. I'm now an NC45, and purchased this in Almond, which seems to be a perfect match.

My skin is dry, and this product leaves it looking hydrated. I apply this lotion consistency TM with my fingers after moisturising, with no primer or powder, and find it to last for about 4hrs in average 25 degree weather. The lasting power isn't great, so i need to reapply midday.

The coverage is light, even and very natural looking, which works if you don't require heavier coverage and you like the natural, no makeup look. It's light coverage does a fair job of evening out my skin tone and making my skin look smooth.

I have been wearing this over the summer and find the colour to be spot on, if anything, very slightly orangey, which seems to give my NC45 skintone a nice summer gold bronze colour, with no oxidation or colour change. I understand the mixed reviews and think this is because this product only works if it matches your skin colour well, as I didn't like this product when my skin colour was a shade lighter - I thought it was powdery and coarse.

So I have repurchased another two in Almond and Caramel, so that hopefully I can continue to enjoy this when my skin lightens down again. Overall a fair buy, nice practical packaging, and great value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by sgabriel0831

It's amazing! It's a very light moisturizer, more ideal for normal and combo skin, which I have. It covers the little redness I have naturally on my face. Not so much acne scars.. but that's why it's a tinted moisturizer not a foundation or concealer. ALSO THE BEST THING IS that my face is fair while my body is fair with very warm/yellow toned. So it's makes my face completely match the tone of my body. And it looks so natural. Its perfect for me, for light everyday coverage. I have it in porcelain.