Comme des Garcons Odeur 53

3.2

on 11/19/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

"Oxygen, flash of metal, fire energy, washing drying in the wind, mineral carbon, sand dunes, nail polish, cellulose, pure air of the high mountains, ultimate fusion, burnt rubber, flaming rock...”

Doesn't all that sound fascinating? I thought I'd LOVE this, and it would be the abstract, androgynous fragrance of my dreams.

Alas, on my arm it was, perhaps, a dryer sheet allegedly smelling of "Fresh Mountain Blossom". Generic, dreary, tedious light floral. I'm not a fan of "floral" scents to start with, and this was, in addition, boring.

on 12/19/2011 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this at Sephora on clearance so it was cheap to me, though now the price has skyrocketed tenfold. I loved the simplistic container but the box was a waste of space for the smaller size. This was an interesting scent that only a few could love. I smelled of plastic, paint thinner and burnt rubber. I washed it off immediately trying not to gag. It's described as unisex at times but it's more masculine than feminine. Perhaps it would smell better on men.

on 7/11/2010 9:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Smells like someone set fire to the Office Depot.

on 12/27/2009 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to be one of the cool folk who like and wear this, so much so that I...yup...ordered a bottle unsniffed. Figures that the beautiful perfumes, made from roses and jasmine, wither and die on my skin whereas this Cylon thing blossoms and grows and lasts forever. If it’s supposed to smell of ‘nothing’, someone’s missing the mark here. I can see where, if it worked on one’s skin, it would be intriguing, but it’s not something I can pleasurably envelope myself in. It smells like canned peas and barbed wire and makes me think of tetanus shots.

on 9/20/2008 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on like a pack of chemistry, which it’s supposed to, I guess. Reminds me powerfully of a book bindery I used to work in: Ink, paper, chemicals and car exhaust from the open door in summer.Then it gets clean, like laundry detergent, but still chemistry. Not bad. Ends as a faint cheap synthetic perfume scent. Still not bad, and slightly floral, but again, much like the artificial scent you get from laundry detergent.

on 3/23/2008 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I so so so wanted to be able to wear this. I am a huge CdG fan - I actually spend all that money on their clothes... (I know, I am crazy) So I really want to be able to experience CdG for cheaper - as in fragrance.

I love the vision of these anti-perfumes. I totally get the idea... My friend wears this and it smells pretty good on her. And why oh why does this turn into a migraine on me?? That's it the element that I get out of all those "odeurs" is Migraine...

(Same for CdG, CdG 2, 3, White and 71... no luck! I love CdG 2 Man and some of the incense, red, and synthetic series though)

on 12/31/2006 3:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My husband absolutely loves this! I must say I prefer it on him than any (ICK!) Davidoff or Bulgari scent. Very unusual ingredients even for a lab scent-(see below reviews) but the scent actually is very natural and watery on a man. A great weekend scent. I think Mr.Muse was going through an antogonistic phase because he purchased it by just reading the description;). SURPRISE!!! It instead smells nice!(no tar...)

on 10/21/2006 12:45:00 PM

How I wanted to like this. The packaging is excellent, the concept intriguing. The self-description of notes is obnoxious, like someone in post-modern eyewear sticking their nose in the air ... because someone much shorter than them is actually wearing the fragrance. The burned parts ruin it for me. There ARE interesting fresh and carbon notes, and a skin scent-like element, but those burned notes are gross, like the bitter part of tar, like overheads fresh out of the photocopier with the hot plastic mess smell. The airy parts are nice. The skin scent parts smell like a dupe of a "don't remember brand" 5 dollar men's gift basket line that claims to have spearmint, patchouli and I forget what else in it. John Waters says he wears this and that after a few minutes it smells like nothing. Either I applied way too much, or the "default" in John Waters' head is as bizarre as his films.

on 9/8/2006 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is supposed to be synthetic scents, but it smells just like a sweet, feminine perfume on me, more like a light floral bouquet. Odeur 53 notes:
oxygen, flash of metal, fire energy, washing drying in the wind, mineral carbon, sand dunes, nail polish, cellulose, pure air of the high mountains, ultimate fusion, burnt rubber, flaming rock. Now, all these may not really be the scents used, but it seems pretty normal to me. I really was wanting something fake and modern, but I guess this mixes with my body chemistry to make it pretty. Also, it is very, very faint on me. For some reason though, when I sniffed it, it made my side hurt (my lungs possibly).

on 6/19/2006 10:48:00 PM

what a Wild Ride through officemax ! ->
copy toner, that smell of the frosted scotch tape, inkpens, and buzzing electornics. it is blended amazingly.... but it is not a human smell. which is the amazing part. a human to smell like a not human. it could potentially save your life if you were being hunted by something that couldn't smell robots.

Popular Fragrances