SBC 3-in-1 Complete Cleansing and Toning Gel

3.0

My kids absolutely love this gel which they often use as a facial wash. They enjoy the fresh smell and it is mild enough for their young skins for them to have never had any reaction to it.

I liked the sound of this because it's sold as an eye make-up remover, facial cleanser and toner in one. I love a gel/oil/cream/lotion that obliterates all makeup without the need of separate products. This one, by Simply Beautiful Cosmetics, is a yellow gel in a clear plastic pump bottle. You are supposed to smooth it over skin, leave it for up to a couple of minutes, then wipe it off - no water or toner needed. I've been applying it then wiping with a warm, damp muslin cloth. But I've also liked to splash my face with warm water afterwards - I don't feel clean without water! What I like about the product is that it does remove makeup quite well, and that it would be a convenient product to use while travelling because of it not needing water. I also like the fact that it hasn't broken me out - as a lot of new products have lately. What I don't like about this gel is the overpowering citrus smell. This is so strong it makes my eyes water! Also, when I've used the gel in the eye area (albeit with eyes firmly closed) I've found it to sting dreadfully. It smells and feels like having neat lemon juice sprayed into the eyes. (Or how I'd imagine that to feel!) Although I've experienced no particular skin sensitivity, I feel that this product is too harsh and intend to return to using something gentler like a lotion or cream.
INGREDIENTS: aqua, alcohol denat., Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hexylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel) extract, Ppg-1-Peg-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Sambucus Niger (Elder) Flower Water, Gingko Biloba Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-37, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexane, Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Limonene, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropane-1,3-Diol,Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.