December 20, 2014 | 1581 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Cream Eyeliner - Gunmetal

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this shade - it's just what I want when black would be too harsh. The pigmentation is decent and it stays put for absolutely ages. However, what I didn't like about it was the fall out. Think mine is drying out, as it was quite crumbly when applying. I was still able to get a great line, but I didn't like having to constantly brush away the specks below my eyes. That's the main downside to these eyeliners - seem to be very prone to drying out in record time. E.L.F definitely need to work on improving the packaging. I also have the one in Metallic Olive, which is also a great alternative to black. Despite the poor packaging, I'd repurchase, simply because it's such a gorgeous shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by cassie11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The formula was so dry that i couldn't get a decent enough line. When i tried, the color distributed slotchy and uneven. I would not buy this color again. I may try the other colors b/c those seem to be of better quality according to the reviews.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this liner, because a lot of people seem to love it, but I hate it. I've given several colors a chance and I hate all but one of them. They are dry to begin with, but slightly useable. Within a very short time though, they are so dry you can't even work with them, and you end up with a thick flakey mess on your eyelids. The only color I've liked is the teal one, that one seems to be much less dry. I really wish I liked this, because it comes in a ton of colors, but it's awful. :( There are better liners out there even at this price point.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not a good eyeliner. It is so sheer! I have to layer it, & layer it to finally get the color I want. It does make a decent eye shadow base though! Not sure if I would buy again...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by itsrainingsunshine

I love the E.L.F. cream eyeliners, but this color wasn't so great. It has a gooey texture and goes on a weird color. It just looks like your makeup smudged all over your eyes. It smears easily and just isn't a very great product. I'd advise you to try this product in black or metallic olive instead!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a huge elf fan, especially the Studio line, but I am not a fan of the cream eyeliners. I wanted to get this color because I wanted something a little less intense for day wear, instead of the usual black. however, while this color may be nice, the texture is awful. Like others have stated, it is like a peanut butter texture. When you drag it along your lashline with a brush, it comes out where some parts is smooth, some is clumpy. It is extremely hard to have an even line, even with a good eyeliner brush. Because of this, I hardly use it. The staying power is good and the color is nice, but the texture is very difficult to work with. I have had this for more than a year and I barely dented it because of the texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a good eyeliner except that it looks lighter on than in the pot. I won't buy it again because I don't care for medium gray BUT I ordered the black one and plan to put a light eyeshadow or neutral powder over the top to make it a dark gray. I actually like the little brush it comes with I bought the other slanted brush but prefer the one it came with.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by HershaSimcha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about E.L.F. products. We all have a fantasy that everything high quality enough to be sold at Sephora would be $1, but the truth is, the cheap stuff tends to be lacking in quality. But sometimes you find that special makeup that gives you the best of both worlds.
I've been looking and looking and looking for a cream liner that goes on smooth, stays on long, won't smudge, and is waterproof. Finally, praise the heavens, I found this stuff. Not only does it glide onto my lids like silk, but it almost instantly sets and will not budge! I can wear this stuff all day and not have to look in the mirror and see those annoying lines on my upper lid where the liner has rubbed off.
Best part about this liner? It's $3!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was wary of buying this since I'd read very mixed reviews, but I'm glad that I did. I bought Gunmetal because I feel like black is too harsh for my very fair complexion (though now I think I might get one anyway since I loved this). I've only used about three times, but so far, I really like it and works well.

Pros:
-Lasts all day with only slight fading
-Doesn't flake or smudge around my eyelid (I do use E.L.F. eyelid primer)
-Color is consistent
-Brush is decent

Cons:
-Easy to get clumps on my eyelid when applying
-Color isn't opaque as I'd like

One thing about the brush which I was concerned about is how many people said it was really difficult to apply with. When I first tried it, it was difficult. I couldn't get the product to be smooth and the line was too thick, but I figured out that if I drag it straight across the the product and don't get it on the sides of the bristles, I can get a clean, thin line. But I still might consider picking up one with a longer handle for ease.

Since this is the first and only cream eyeliner I've used so far, I won't say it's the best. It's good and the price is great, but it also has pitfalls for those who might not have the patience to try again if it doesn't work on the first try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Gunmetal about 3 weeks ago from K-Mart. I love the color but the texture of the liner is like peanut butter! The 1st time I used it, I made a huge divot in the pot with the brush because it is so soft--almost like it had melted, but never firmed back up. It's not even hot here yet, so I can't say it's the weather or the temp inside my house that softened it.

I have the olive color (that I ordered from the ELF website) and it is perfect in the pot, not to soft/not too hard.

I'm beginning to wonder if the ELF products at K-Mart and Target are not the same quality as the products ordered from the website. I've noticed that the brushes (flat-top & powder) at the stores are a little mis-shapen and the packaging is a little rough.

IMO: I bought a flat-top brush 2 years ago from ELF website and it is still perfect after daily cleaning/deep washing at least once a week. I bought the same brush from Target 2 months ago and it is not wearing as well. Seems smaller and a little more stiff/rough and I can't seem to clean it as easily as the older one. Maybe it's just ELF's quality control?

I probaby won't buy this color again and I'll be leery of any of the other cream liners at the stores.