April 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by dieselgal26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ladies, please know you MUST MUST MUST use a wet sponge to apply Revlon Colorstay Foundation!! If you apply with your fingers or a dry sponge it will look cakey and too heavy.

My color is 410 Cappuccino Combination/ Oily Skin

You may want to try the Combo/ Oily skin colors even if this is not your skin type-- the colors are much warmer and richer than the normal/ dry tones.

At first I tried the darkest shade and it was way too dark. I am not the best person at picking shades-- so sometimes it is trial and error.

I first learned about Colorstay on Youtube and heard the tip about applying with a wet sponge. It works! I've used this product for 1 year.

This is great foundation with long lasting all day coverage. I love MAC and they simply are the best for the $30 price range for colored girls (in my opinion) but when I don't want to spend $30 on Studio Tech I use this (B1G1 sale from CVS you can get 2 for around $14).

There is no pump but who cares-- pour a little at a time on your wet sponge and apply. Or some people pour a little on saran wrap and dip the wet sponge in and then apply.

I never have to reapply foundation in the day, only reapply powder.

Colorstay sets fast so you have to blend in a reasonable amount of time. I use MAC Skinfnish in Deep Dark over this and I love it. People at work ask me what I wear all the time and I don't have the best skin.. breakout prone and adult acne.. not good. However I make it work and I look good :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by attieli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

After Max Factor moved out of the U.S., I needed to find a new foundation, and fast. I'd used Max Factor Lasting Performance in Pale Porcelain for probably 14 years. You can imagine how devastated I was when I could no longer get it here. I decided to try Revlon Colorstay Softflex for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory. I loved it and used it for about a year. Then I started on some retin-a and glycolic acid and that foundation was too drying. I decided to switch to Ivory in the Normal/Dry skin. It's perfect. I'm probably on my fifth bottle. For reference, I have pale skin with some acne scarring and broken capillaries around my nose--so I need something that covers well. Colorstay's coverage is excellent. I spread a small amount (maybe 1/2 dime size) with my fingers and then soften the edges with a flat-top Sonia Kashuk brush. This is definitely something I would recommend, but with some qualifications. You need to be patient with this foundation and learn how to apply it effectively. If not applied correctly, it can look terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Cheena12

I was looking hard to find ways of lowering my makeup budget without compromising too much on final results. I am so happy I found this alternative to MUFE HD foundation. Due to acne scarring and discoloration, I need a product that can build up without looking cakey. This product works perfectly for doing this. I can build up where I need and not so much is other areas where I don't and it looks great. I do have to say the application technique is crucial so the right brush is critical with this product since it can look streaky if care is not taken. I use a real techniques brush and stipple the foundation on and have great results. It is extremely long lasting even with my oily skin. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am 34 and I used this back when I was in high school but everytime I run out of a foundation I try something new, so if u add that up I have tried everything on the market. With never being able to find something I like (except maybe 1) I decided to go back to what I used to use many many many years ago. I don't think I will experiment anymore this stuff is amazing. Stays put all day, looks flawless when applied with a foundation brush (I use one by e.l.f), matches my skin perfect. Ok the spf is awful, like seriously can't they spare some more? Aside from the almost non existent spf its a holy Grail. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by susy1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wish this product had a pump, i wish it would blend better but besides that everything else about this foundation is amazing. full coverage foundation. its too heavy for me to wear everyday but when i go out this foundation last more then 8 hours. Great finish, doesnt look cakey

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I had come off my high horse about drugstore foundations along time ago. This stuff is pretty awesome. I bought combination/oily in Caramel since I'm normally NC45 and everywhere I looked people said it was a perfect match. It does dry quickly and the bottle doesn't have a pump. But who cares? I just work fast and transferred it to an old pump bottle I had...(recycle, reduce, reuse...right?) My favorite thing about this foundation is that it does not move through out the day...At ALL! I have super oily skin especially at the end of the night. With this stuff, my concealer doesn't crease, and my powder doesn't crease. I apply with a MAC foundation brush. I think it's 190 (it's been so long since I purchased it). I top it off w/ mineralize skinfinish pressed powder. I don't feel too done up because it's really light compared to other foundations I've tried in the past. The only negative thing I have noticed is that if I sweat, my face will tingle where I'm wearing the foundation, so limit my use of it to days that I know I won't be running around too much. That said, I will totally repurchase when I run out and I may even branch out to try other Revlon products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cherbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the ONLY liquid foundation which I finished to the last drop and purchased a second bottle. True to the name 'Colorstay', it remains on my skin even after a 1.5 hour session of hot yoga! Many a times, after my yoga session, I just shower and splash water on my face and I'm ready for my next date! No need to re-apply foundation, just some loose powder (ok ok, that's not the best practice...hee) Yet, this product has never caused any breakouts nor clogged pores.

For a texture that's so creamy and thick, it's a big surprise that it sits so well on my skin and never looks cakey. Oil control is pretty god too (by now, I'm convinced that there's no one product which really keeps your skin matte throughout the day).

The big downside is the hopelessly messy packaging. How could revlon even think of selling it in such a bottle?! Please, pack it in a pump version.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 4:50:00 AM More reviews by magicBarbaro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its my HG foundation. It is the best out there. Great coverage and stays on all day. Its equivalent is Mac studio fix, and Revlon Colorstay is better because it doesn't oxidize and turn orange on my skin. Also its nowhere near as expensive as Mac Studio Fix. However, I wish they didn't make consumers pick between yellow or pink tones but made Colorstay in neutral with no undertones. I use the shades Buff or Porcelain Ivory.

I will buy it over and over and over again like a broken record.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The only foundation (mineral and liquid) that keeps me matte all day! No shine or oiliness at all. Looks natural and feels light.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Heard so many good things about it, so I decided to give it a try. I wanted to do my own makeup for a friends wedding, but I ended up getting the wrong shade. In pics I looked...well, its too horrid to even describe. Anyway, got the right shade for me and so far.. Pros: Good coverage: I used a pea-sized dab on the back on my hand and it covered my face and neck, giving it a flawless appearance hiding my acne scars. Speaking of acne, no breakouts. No heaviness, creasing or looking as if I were wearing a mask. Nothing. Wear: it did smudge a little but nothing to be super alarmed at. Cons: Packaging: No pump...why oh why won't you put a pump on this thing, Revlon? I'm always worried I'm gonna get too much out, not to mention it being exposed to air. I sit it in the fridge to slow the process of it going bad. Price: I am on a very tight budget and almost $12 is a bit spendy to me for foundation. Sometimes CVS have sales on Revlon products and I get it there. All in all, its a very good drugstore foundation and despite the drawbacks, its totally HG status for me.