February 1, 2015 | 1264 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 3:38:00 PM More reviews by kh112299

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this foundation for about 2 years now and I refuse to change it. This foundation lasts personally up to 8-10 hours on me. Medium to full coverage. Not cakey. Buildable coverage as well! Only down side to this is the packaging! Wish there was a pump so I can minimize the amount of product I use! Overall great drugstore foundation, obviously will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 9:18:00 PM More reviews by roxander

At first when applying this foundation it can look a bit cakey, but the longer you wear this the more amazing it looks! I have acne prone skin and this does not break me out at all. Good coverage, extremely easy to build. This is my all time favourite drugstore foundation, I am always disappointed by others and find myself repurchasing it. Do yourself a favour and purchase this, making sure that a) you give it time to settle into your skin before you decide how you feel & b) you select the right formula for your skin type (they have two).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2015 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Lilactopus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eh. This foundation is alright. It DOES cover my problem areas, but it does NOT last 24 hours like it claims. It is also too dark for my skin and I use the lightest shade available. I usually use it when I want to quickly throw some foundation on and don't want to use my main product. It's a good product nonetheless!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 2:04:00 AM More reviews by desertrose1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my every day foundation I use to wear to wear to work - great dupe for Mac nc44 and great coverage too! I pair it with LA girl concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 8:26:00 AM More reviews by fairplaytoyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new favourite drugstore foundation. It's pretty amazing. There's one for dry skin which is probably very hydrating but my T-Zone gets oily after a few hours so I figured this was for me. It lasts forever and the coverage is pretty good, I was impressed and I have a thousand spot scars on my face. I only need a bit of concealer on certain areas. I'm MAC NC40 and was matched to Golden Beige in this and the colour fit is also good. I also own NARS Sheer Glow foundation but I don't like wasting it on everyday use and this does the same job for a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Ttylxox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG FOUNDTION. I find myself going back to it every single time. Doesn't break me out at all. After my mac fluid fix gave me trouble I quickly returned to this. Some complain it's cakey. Which is true if you don't apply it correctly( as any other foundation would be), Make sure you have lotion on underneath or a primer. Second, apply with a stippling brush, I find it to give more of a sheer coverage. The color range is also amazing. Highly recommend from me!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by fabbsg

I would only recommend using this as a foundation if you were going out or for some sort of special occasion. It's too heavy on the skin for daily wear. But for a night out, this foundation always does wonders. I normally have to set my foundations but not w/ this one. Not dewy, but not too matte either. Finding my color was really hard so I always tend to mix it w/ other foundations that tend to have more yellow undertones. Overall it's not that bad, but a pump would help!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by samherdrich

this foundation looked really cakey on my skin, especially around my t zone. i only used one layer. i used the lightest shade and it matched my skin perfectly, but it also completely washed me out and made me look like a ghost. i accidentally got the dry skin formula instead of oily, and surprisingly it got cakey even though i added moisturizer to make it more thin. i used a brush and sponges and still didnt like it

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Rhianos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find it very tough to find foundation light enough for my milk-bottle complexion so I was delighted to be introduced to Revlon Colour-stay. It's lightest shade is too light for the summer, even for me! For a drugstore product, I found it to be slightly pricey, at €18, but worth almost every penny. It's only significant flaw is the packaging- this is 2014, please do no tell us that the addition of a simple pump or presses is too difficult a task. The packaging also means that a lot of product gets wasted at the end! But I'm very willing to live with this, given that it gives my awkward teenage skin a flawless finish. A little goes a long way with this foundation, I use a stippling brush to blend it into the skin and from that point on it really does not budge. I use a powder over it to protect myself from an "oil spill", but I would see no need in using it to seal the foundation, it really will stay put. It never oxidises, doesn't highlight my pores (unlike MAC studio fix fluid!), and gives a doll-faced, matte finish. If you don't like that almost canvas-like matte finish, the colourstay does blend really well with shimmery highlighters and illuminators, so the matte finish is only an option. My makeup breakthrough of the year.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Buttdiddy

I heard so many positive reviews on this foundation so I decided to try it. I wanted to love this foundation too but I just can't. I have acne prone, oily skin so I decided to buy the combo/oily skin one. The actual foundation glides on so smooth and beautifully and leaves you with such a pretty satin like finish. And that's probably why everyone raves about it. But it just didn't work well with my skin type. It didn't help with oil control at all, I had to touch up about every 2 hours. And I even used primer, set it with powder, and a setting spray but my oil just kept peeking through. And I don't even have VERY oily skin either. It also started to break me out which was the deal breaker and I haven't used it since. I do recommend this for people with normal skin though, maybe even dry.