October 1, 2014 | 1142 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like the formula change. The foundation had a smooth coverage, and it sure had staying power. The durability is just too much for me. Usually, it will take me two makeup wipes to get foundation off. With this foundation, I had to use three! Even when I wash my face and use a toner, there was still makeup residue! The color and coverage looked natural.

Unfortunately, the formula change resulted in me having break outs. Part of this could be ingredients that didn't go well with my sensitive (and oily skin). Another reason could be the staying power I mentioned above. I wore this foundation three times in a row. The first two times (and removing it), nothing happened. By the third time, I was having breakouts under my chin, the top edge of my forehead, and maybe my cheeks.

The color and coverage are major pluses. For someone with sensitive skin, look elsewhere. I also do not like the lavender and alcohol in this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by kasabourin

this used to be the only foundation id ever use for many reasons . my eyes water like a faucet in the winter so i need something with strong holding power. great coverage good price etc never had any problems and was always happy using this But nowadays i dont know if its because of the new formula or whatever but the lasting power has decreased substantially. i remember being 17 and partying and id wake up the next and it would all still be there and id wake up still looking pretty. now if i nap it all smudges off. coverage also isnt as great anymore. i used to be able to use this and this only for my undereyes but its not good enough anymore. te only good thing is the finish is very nice, very satiny and dewy. OH and it gives me pimples now too though. such a shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Simplymel

I love this foundation. I purchased in shade 400 caramel for oily/combination skin after reading all the great reviews. It goes on smooth but you have to apply it quickly as it dries fast. So I apply in small sections with a flat top foundation brush. Some people use a damp brush, I've used damp and dry and don't have a preference. I've set my face with th e colorstay powder and have used other powders, the foundation sits well either way. It just lasts for a long time and covers everything. If you use it sparingly it can look almost natural but also works for a going out face as well. I will repurchase for sure but not for a while as Canada(toronto) only carries shades for lighter skin tones.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by faceart97

I have yellow undertoned skin and got this colour in medium beige. Despite it being one of the yellower options it still appears too pink on the skin. Most these foundations are on the pinkier side and considering in australia it retails at 35 bucks it's not worth it . Don't waste your money if you have yellow undertones because most these foundation shades are pink. The ones that aren't pink are too dark for me. Coverage is full but it can leave a very powdery and cakey finish if not blended properly. I'm going back to loreal true match

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by screambledeggs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's okay. The old formula was much better beyond comparison. It's a bit hard to blend so don't dot it all over your face. Start at one side and work your way out. It transfers. Sets quickly. I managed to stay oil free for 2 hours; the longevity isn't that great, it became patchy and uneven within 8 hours. And it broke me out. Isn't that just lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by rayeraye20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love love love no break outs ! and cheap!!! covers a lot even acne scars works for me ! and for 10 bucks cant beat it !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Logenbrook

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it but hate it, looks good but if anything touches it , it comes off and it's a bit Dewey, so when you hug someone and your face touches they're shirt it leaves a mark and it's embarrassing !!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by marysmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my hg face makeup! Being the only kid with bad breakouts in my class, I needed something more than just a simple bb cream to cover them. I have the revlon colorstay powder that works amazingly and the concealer that also works great. I also would sometimes be wearing it and my dad would even comment "are you wearing makeup?" Or "your face has really cleared up today!" This product has really boosted my confidence and I love it! Would totally recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal to dry skin, but they didn't have my color in normal to dry skin, so I bought combination oily. This is probably the cause of my dislike for the foundation. It was dewy the entire day, even when I set it with powder. Repeatedly. I could feel it melting off of my face through the day, and foundations never get oily or greasy on me; this is the first and hopefully last. The worst was when I got home and took a good look in the mirror. It was so splotchy, oxidized, and awful that I immediately took the bottle and put it back in its bag to return. I have pretty uneven, splotchy skin, so I need a good full coverage foundation to cover it all up, not make it look ten times worse. I plan on purchasing the normal dry one to see if it was just my bottle or something, but I'll edit my review then. I would not buy this formulation again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by yungadubz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ive been using this foundation for about the past 2 years, but lately ive gotten sick of it. I noticed it feels heavy and kind of gross on my skin, especially in summer. I exfoliate my skin every other day and it feels baby soft and smooth, but for some reason when I apply this foundation it amplifies any imperfection on my skin and gives the skin between my eyebrows a gross bumpy texture. i also feel like after about 6 hours this foundation wears off and i can see my acne scars underneath. i feel like im better off using my garnier bb cream because i get the same results at the end of the day, but with the bb cream my skin can actually breathe. and the thing that annoys me most about this foundation is that even after taking off my makeup with a towelette and 5 minutes of scrubbing my skin with st ives apricot scrub, the next day ill wash my skin with a facial brush and makeup is still coming off on it. it is virtually impossible to get this makeup off your skin. I rated this a 3 because I did love it at one point when I first tried it 2 years ago, now im just sick of it.