October 24, 2014 | 1737 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by cacti

This broke me out so bad!!!!!!!! Do not buy this if you're prone to breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never thought in a million years I would like a drugstore foundation but I do. my skin is dry for the most part with little to no blemishes. I do however have some discoloration which is why I wear foundation. i purchased normal/dry in the shade caramel. they have a variety of shades to chose from. my shade was pretty much a dead on match. i loved the consistency of the product not to thick or thin. it was very easy to blend using a flat top kabuki brush. price point was awesome i paid maybe eight bucks for the foundation. coverage medium and has a very natural finish. my favorite part of the this foundation is the lasting powder after about nine hours...it still looked amazing! the only con was the glass bottle and no pump so be careful cause you can waste a lot of product. if you're looking for a everyday foundation that's inexpensive and last all day...colorstay is the one!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by linvala

This was my favorite foundation to use. It covered my scars very well and stayed on throughout the day. Sadly, since they changed the formula; it now causes these tiny colorless bumps all over my forehead and cheeks. It took me awhile to realize this foundation was causing it just because I absolutely love this foundation since it never broke me out but these tiny bumps were very noticeable and VERY difficult to get rid of. Since I stopped using it the bumps have gone down and same with the redness (I'm assuming it caused a rash,maybe?). it's really sad but I would definitely suggest to be careful when using this since those tiny bumps are hard to get rid of and if you do get them I'd suggest going to a derm to get a cream since that has decreased them quickly for me. overall, loved the old but not the new one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by alielxoxo

It was very good for a flawless coverage but, oh man oh man. I swear this was the reason I got a rash. It looked like hives, but doctor said it was folliculitus? Then he misdiagnosed me, and it turned out to be "acne" and my doctor prescribed me Retin-A cream and Clindamycin Lotion. There are good reviews on Retin-A, it just takes time. But seriously, 6 months for visible improvement? & It gets really worst before it gets better? No no no, I'm not going to walk around looking like a Nestle Crunch Bar. It made my "acne" (pretty sure it's a rash, because it's drying out exactly like a rash, thanks to My HG Bentonite Clay.) inflamed into big pimples! (they were small looking rash bumps.) Long story short, use with precaution. Advice for acne-prone skin: natural materials are the best for acne and acne scars rather than prescription medication for acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by navyfleur

best best best foundation for acne scarred skin! such a good price.. my all time favorite foundation great fpr Oulu skin.. don't over set it or you'll look cakey but overall BEST FOUNDATION EVER.. don't buy if you want a natural look

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like the formula change. The foundation had a smooth coverage, and it sure had staying power. The durability is just too much for me. Usually, it will take me two makeup wipes to get foundation off. With this foundation, I had to use three! Even when I wash my face and use a toner, there was still makeup residue! The color and coverage looked natural.

Unfortunately, the formula change resulted in me having break outs. Part of this could be ingredients that didn't go well with my sensitive (and oily skin). Another reason could be the staying power I mentioned above. I wore this foundation three times in a row. The first two times (and removing it), nothing happened. By the third time, I was having breakouts under my chin, the top edge of my forehead, and maybe my cheeks.

The color and coverage are major pluses. For someone with sensitive skin, look elsewhere. I also do not like the lavender and alcohol in this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by kasabourin

this used to be the only foundation id ever use for many reasons . my eyes water like a faucet in the winter so i need something with strong holding power. great coverage good price etc never had any problems and was always happy using this But nowadays i dont know if its because of the new formula or whatever but the lasting power has decreased substantially. i remember being 17 and partying and id wake up the next and it would all still be there and id wake up still looking pretty. now if i nap it all smudges off. coverage also isnt as great anymore. i used to be able to use this and this only for my undereyes but its not good enough anymore. te only good thing is the finish is very nice, very satiny and dewy. OH and it gives me pimples now too though. such a shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Simplymel

I love this foundation. I purchased in shade 400 caramel for oily/combination skin after reading all the great reviews. It goes on smooth but you have to apply it quickly as it dries fast. So I apply in small sections with a flat top foundation brush. Some people use a damp brush, I've used damp and dry and don't have a preference. I've set my face with th e colorstay powder and have used other powders, the foundation sits well either way. It just lasts for a long time and covers everything. If you use it sparingly it can look almost natural but also works for a going out face as well. I will repurchase for sure but not for a while as Canada(toronto) only carries shades for lighter skin tones.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by faceart97

I have yellow undertoned skin and got this colour in medium beige. Despite it being one of the yellower options it still appears too pink on the skin. Most these foundations are on the pinkier side and considering in australia it retails at 35 bucks it's not worth it . Don't waste your money if you have yellow undertones because most these foundation shades are pink. The ones that aren't pink are too dark for me. Coverage is full but it can leave a very powdery and cakey finish if not blended properly. I'm going back to loreal true match

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by screambledeggs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's okay. The old formula was much better beyond comparison. It's a bit hard to blend so don't dot it all over your face. Start at one side and work your way out. It transfers. Sets quickly. I managed to stay oil free for 2 hours; the longevity isn't that great, it became patchy and uneven within 8 hours. And it broke me out. Isn't that just lovely.