Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Purple Tang

on 4/9/2015 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Used twice. Irritated my sensitive eyes.
I have oily eyelids and after half a day it starts to smudge onto my upper and lower eyelids. But i like the colour a lot. I might just try the Stila liquid one.
**Majolica Majorca liquid eyeliner(Drugstore Shiseido) last until i remove it at the end of the day (12hrs). Have used them for years.

on 2/13/2014 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This eyeliner crayon is beautiful! It took me forever to find a dark purple crayon that would bring out my green eyes. This is it!

on 11/19/2013 5:11:00 PM

I finishing up my first stick of this and will buy another. I don't find the sparkles to be noticeable and I'm old and don't like sparkly on my eyes. Or maybe I just can't see very well and don't notice them.:-) I have a REALLY hard time finding liners that stay put - this one is great. I use it in my upper waterline and have no issues - easy to apply.

on 2/26/2013 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this eyeliner. The shade is a blackened purple with bright purple shimmers. It can be used to line the upper or lower lash line to give your everyday neutral eye look a subtle pop. The glitter is not obvious or obnoxious. It is not of a chunky and gritty texture that would irritate the eyes.

I like that its is retractable so that there is less wastage and no sharpening because this pencil is expensive. It also has good staying power as well. I received this as part of a free gift with purchase gift bag. I may consider buying this in a set in the future. It is worth looking into.

this is such a pretty sparkly purple eye liner that does not smudge. i love putting this on my lower lash line as a subtle color accent. it is also very pretty to wear on upper lash line alone as it defines the eyes and adds interesting drama because of the sparkles. i dont like that this pencil doesnt retract though...so do not twist the product out too much...you cant get it to go back.

on 2/9/2013 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love the formula of this liner! I love that it's an automatic pencil, doesn't budge once set, and it lasts all day. I only have one color, Purple Tang. It's a dark, bordering on black purple shade. If I tilt my head at an angle, I can see the purple reflects in it, but mostly, it just looks black. However, if I'm going to wear black, I just want a rich plain black. I have hazel eyes, and purples usually make them pop, but this doesn't really do much for them. For that reason, I will use this up because it's a perfectly good liner, but I will not repurchase this particular shade.

Smudge Stick is my go-to eyeliner. I have it in several colors and especially like the purple. Since I'm blonde, sometimes the black can be too harsh for me. I did not think I would wear purple all that often, but it's a dark purple closer to black that looks pretty good with my eyes.

I wear an eye primer and this eyeliner lasts all day. My skin tends to be on the dryer side. The only color that seems to smudge is the black.

on 3/22/2012 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The color payoff on the back of my hand was great- it's a kind of darker grape with purple glitter. However, I was extremely disappointed with the color payoff on the waterline, and it did pull and skip a bit on my upper lid. The waterproof claim seems to be true, I haven't been able to smudge the swatches on my hand, even with a wet finger. The packaging is really light and plastic-y, the cap is on there too snug and I feel like if I tried I could easily break it. Also, I really wish it came with a sharpener on the other end.

on 2/14/2012 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product! It's soft, goes on smoothly, and is waterproof. This is a beautiful color but I think the product is great in general. I don't like that you only get .01 oz of product especially for the price. Other than that, I highly recommend!

on 2/12/2012 9:51:00 PM

First off, I really like this eyeliner. It is easy to put on and it stays on pretty well. The only major drawback, and the reason I'll try to return this, is that it leaves an oily film on my contacts like another reviewer mentioned. When it happened the first time, I thought the contacts had a problem. Now that it's happening again, and the eyeliner is the only new product I've been wearing, I'm pretty sure this is it. Pity.

Top Rated Stila Products