Jouviance EcoPurifying Cleansing Gel 3-in-1

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off, I have very sensitive skin and have used Clinique for most of my life but I decided to try a product that did a little more for my skin. The lady at Shoppers suggested Jouviance for sensitive skin individuals. I bought the 3 in 1 cleanser and the antioxidant emulsion. The first couple weeks were fine and my skin looked great. After a month, I started getting large painful pimples underneath my skin, at first I was like oh that's just the product working and eventually it will stop extracting all the fuck from my skin. This product didn't stop causing my breakouts at all. I discontinued after 2 months and now I'm left with 3 large cystic acne scars on my face. Anyone who is sensitive or has a history of getting acne, stay away! Terrible product.

I love this product! It removes all traces of my light-medium coverage foundation and leaves my skin feeling clean. It's calming and does not aggravate or worsen the mild acne areas of my face. If you use about a dime sized amount you get a bit of a lather as you massage the product into your skin.

I have no complaints about this cleanser. I do not want to try any other cleanser since this seems to be the healthiest and effective one for me. Based on other reviews I probably wouldn't suggest it for people with moderate to severe acne-prone skin.

on 10/26/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with @beaston92 ..same thing pretty much happened to me. I mean I liked this as a make-up remover (I'd give it a 5 stars at that) but it didnt really help with my acne. I bought a second bottle just cuz I couldnt find anything else that can take off my make-up nicely. If you have nice skin and just wants a cleanser that takes make-up off nicely then get this one :)

on 9/15/2013 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I liked this product at first but as I read a couple of reviews here, I'm starting to wonder if this is causing some cystic acne on my face that I didn't have before. I will stop using it for awhile and see if it subsides.

on 7/7/2013 11:02:00 PM

I hated this product. I found that rather than helping my acne, it actually made it ten times worse. It gave me painful under the skin cystic acne, which I normally never have. The lady at shoppers drug Mart recommended it to me, but it did nothing for my oily, acne prone skin. I also didn't like that it didn't foam up or anything because its like it wasn't working to me. Needless to say I will not be repurchasing this product.

on 4/15/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've become a real fan of Jouviance products and love how they seem to calm and perfect my skin. My husband has rosacea and stubbornly refused to use a decent cleanser til we were in Florida and the resort had good quality soaps in the baths. He saw an improvement in his skin and finally agreed to try a good quality cleanser (he'd been using antibacterial hand soap up til now - what a goof!). I have the Jouviance cleansing milk but felt he'd want something a bit more "soap-like" so I got him this gel. I didn't realize it doesn't foam up - I thought this form of the product would be a foaming type cleanser. My husband uses it and while he's not wild about the "non-foaming" aspect, he had to admit that his skin is looking better and less red and irritated. This is the perfect adjunct to his prescription medication and his skin looks so much better than with just his RX alone. I decided to give this gel a try and I like it even more than the milk. It seems to do a better job of removing makeup, including eye makeup. Jouviance products are outstanding and while the 3-in-1 moisturizer is very pricey, the other products in the line are quite reasonably priced, including the cleansers.

on 2/25/2011 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I stayed over at my moms house for about a week, forgot my regular cleanser, so she let me borrow this. I have acne-prone skin and i found when during the time i was using this the redness calmed down and i had less acne. I think it did a pretty good job removing mascara, and was gentle around the eyes. Its supposed to remove your makeup but i wash my face twice, sometimes three times to make sure my face is completely clean. Im considering purchasing this for myself within the next couple weeks, so ill update my review on whether this product still works for me.

on 12/6/2010 1:11:00 PM

great stuff.

on 11/30/2010 8:54:00 PM

Removes makeup and eye makeup thoroughly without leaving my skin dry or taut and without leaving a film like many other cleansers.
Only a little dab is needed to wash my whole face. Since it comes in a 180ml squeeze bottle, it lasts a long time since I'm are only using a pea sized amount each time.
Smell is mild and spa-like.
Combined with the 3-in-1 face & eye lotion, it's a skin care regimen that takes up very little vanity space in the bathroom
I will definitely buy this again.