April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Palettes - E.L.F. - 32 Piece Eyeshadow Collection

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

I got the warm neutrals studio palette as a steal - $3 at Big Lots, figuring I had nothing to lose. I loved the wide selection of neutral colors, and had had some pretty good successes with elf in the past. Some shades are hard to show, but the majority are great. They look great on. Matte and shimmery (the shimmery aren't very shimmery at that, so good for everyday). Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

I bought these in the brights and neutral palettes. They are ok you get what you pay for. They cost me $5. Colours aren't very pigmented but that's ok. If your new to makeup they will be great. I do like them and will buy again. I gave a rating of 3 because I don't like that they are not very pigmented and the case can be tricky to get open. I have to use a knife every time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

*This review is for the 32 Piece Warm Palette.*

Sometimes, after work while waiting for my ride home, I hang around in a super ghetto Walgreens. Unfortunately, doing so leads to some pretty stupid impulse buys, but this palette is a total exception. I shelled out the five bucks with low expectations (E.L.F. eyeshadows are a hit or miss for me, and mostly misses), but I was pleasantly surprised the first time I used it.

I have blue eyes and fair, warm-leaning skin, so I knew this palette's colors would work best for me. I absolutely love all of the medium and dark brown shades, and the paler highlight shades are nice as well. They actually last a pretty long time on my lids, even without primer. I can kinda just swipe them on and go (I'm super impatient and usually rushed), and they only crease a little bit even after a long day. Some of the brown shades really make my blue eyes pop, which is excellent considering my eyes are one of my least favorite features.

However, there are some duds in the palette, namely the darker gray, black and olive shades. They're kinda chalky and don't last very long. Luckily, that's only a few of them, and cheap, well-pigmented dark eyeshadows aren't difficult to find (thanks, Wet 'n' Wild!).

I guess I should say something about the packaging, too. It's... not that bad. While it can be a bit frustrating to open, the palette itself is pretty classy looking and relatively sturdy. I'm super careful not to drop it, though- that would probably obliterate the eyeshadows inside. Otherwise, it's alright, like the majority of E.L.F's studio line packaging.

Overall, if you can still find this palette in stores such as Walgreens, Target, KMart, etc., five bucks is a total steal for something that'll probably last you forever, especially if you don't wear eyeshadow too often, like me. There are other 32 piece palettes for other skintones and looks, so warm colors aren't your only option. This palette isn't perfect, but it's definitely worth checking out!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Enchantedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the original warm and cool editions and the spring 2012 warm and cool editions. They are all of the same quality and price. They all have 32 shadows that feature different finishes: satin, shimmer, and matte. The matte colors are pigmented, but really need a primer in order to stand out. The satin colors seem to be the ones that show up best and none of them had a crease problem for me. You can also use a damp (not wet) brush in the shadows to make them more vibrant before applying. I gave the packaging a 3 because the case is delicate and plastic and will break if you drop it once. My mirror also came out of one of them within a few uses. I keep it steady and make sure it is still glued in though.

Original Warm:
Features browns, blacks, peaches, and plums. The majority of these are satin and matte.

Original Cool:
Features blues, greens, pinks, purples, silvers, grays, and the bottom row has neutral tones. The majority of this palette is satin and matte, with one or two that has chunky glitter.

If you ordered from e.l.f. when they were having their spring sale, they featured new packaging with white instead of their usual black. This sale featured a marbled 100 palette, 32 cool set palette, and 32 warm set palette. The packaging is exactly the same as the originals, just white instead of black.

Spring Warm:
Features a lot of pastels. Mostly matte finishes. Mainly peaches, pinks, yellows, and plums. Very few satin finishes. These were also a little more chalky since they are so light, and definitely need a primer first.

Spring Cool:
Again, mostly pastels that are blue, green and purple. The first row has white, some navy blue, some blacks, and a few silvers. The rest are matte blues, purples, and greens. The only colors that are satin are a green, silver, and a cerulean blue.

Recently, they have removed the original warm and cool 32 palettes. Now they have "everyday," "natural," and "brights." The one that is natural is pretty much the same as the warm and the one that is called brights looks similar to the original cool palette, but they do not have the same color pattern.

I would not buy these for myself again (because I have so many), but they make wonderful gifts for beginners to makeup, or aspiring makeup artists.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the 32 WARM palette. I've had this for several months now. Overall, it is a pretty decent palette. With getting 32 eyeshadows for 5 bucks, I knew going in that not every single one would be good. And I was correct--a few of the very matte colors literally do not swatch at all. As for the others, some are more pigmented and blendable than others. But the ones that are pigmented and blendable are just stunning. The taupes in the top row and the burgundys in the third row are especially good and there are several decent browns of varying finishes scattered throughout that are really nice. I am not super impressed with any of the highlight shades although the shimmery pink in the first spot of the third row is a wonderful lighter color.

This review is for the 32 COOL palette.
Again, 5 bucks for 32 e/s means not all of them are gonna be rockstars, but this cool palette has better quality shadows in my opinion than the warm palette. I would probably rate this one a 4. The top row of greens/teals is AMAZING--they are buttery, so pigmented and gorgeous finishes. The row of grays is pretty good too--there are a couple grays that have a gold or super sparkly glitter in them that make 'em unique. The bottom row of golds and coppers is good quality, but I rarely go for those because I don't think they flatter my skin tone all that well. Really, the only duds in this palette are the couple purple/violet colors. They just don't have much pigmentation.

I do not regret purchasing these and I probably use at least one shadow from one of these palettes most days. The packaging is kinda crummy; sometimes I feel like I might break a nail trying to pry it open, lol. But each of these are definitely worth the 5 bucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by emmainfinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just such a good deal. There are so many shades for the price I paid. I have the warm/neutral one that I use a few times a week because it is so casual for the day time. However, it doesnt last very long unless I used a good primer underneath. The packaging broke quickly but it's still useable. Good product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by chantelz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

STAY AWAY!!! I've been hearing great things about the E.L.F brand for years. I stocked up on 2 palettes, liquid eyeliner, & the brow gel duo. Surprisingly, I was disappointed with ALL of my purchases! On the topic of this palette...the colors were nice- some shimmery & some matte (smokey eye combos are definitely do-able with this palette). I have oily lids, so I applied my primers (Tarte & UDPP) & went to work on my smokey eye. I have medium brown skin & found that the colors took about 3-4 layers to even show! I had to layer 3 different pinks in order to get a pink that was visible! (The black eyeshadow was awesome, though.) To make a long story short, I finally achieved a shimmery smokey eye & went out. By the 2hr mark, I saw creasing. By the 5hr mark, I saw the shadow disappearing. By the 9hr mark, there was a big empty space on my eyelid lmao! For $5 I guess this is great for people with lighter complexions and dry eyelids...this definitely did not work for me or friends that have tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkcupcakee

ELF eyeshadows are always super cheap and very pigmented. I have the 32 piece eyeshadow palette in the shade "Warm" which is a bunch of neutrals. You could probably find every single Urban Decay's Naked palette colors in here and a lot more, for a fraction of the price.
Some are matte, some are shimmery. I think it should have more highlighting colors though. It is very cheap, and the packaging is black and bulky as usual. One of the eyeshadow pans fell out and broke during the airplane ride though. Oh, and this is great of travel.
This is super cheap and a great buy so you should try it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I have the bright colored one and I have to say that I really like it.The colors are truly bright primer or not.It has a dark glittery black that is truly out of this world.The few dark colors for the most part are not the greatest but the other colors totally make up for that.THE palette comes with shadows that have a mix of finishes,For 5 dollars it certainly is worth the cash..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lilmebigsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the one w/the brighter colors and love it! Urban Decay has them for only $5 and I bought it for myself and another for gifting-since then almost everyone I've showed them to has begged for the gift one-lol! Alas, I already have someone in mind. But as for wear, I don't use primer and I wore it over this Memorial Day weekend. I used a mix of the aqua shades and wore them all day in the sun, while hiking out in eastern WA...then wore it on the road trip home. It still looked great (a little creased in the lids). I actually had forgotten I was wearing it till my husband asked if I wanted green eyes on my pillow and reminded me to wash my face LOL. So I'd say it stayed on pretty well ;)