E.L.F. 32 Piece Eyeshadow Collection

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/17/2015 2:54:00 PM

This was chalky, had no color payoff despite the ELF primer I used, and I just really felt suckered for buying it. It was cheap, but since I ended up not using it at all, it was just a waste of money.

on 9/26/2014 3:07:00 AM

I have 2 of these 32 piece collections one in "Warm" and one in "Classic" and I love them their a everyday go-to for me, I have already hit pan on several shades the pigmentation in these are great some may be a bit lacking in pigmentation but nothing enough to want to avoid using them but the shimmers especially have great color pay off. I got these for around $5.00 each and it was well worth it for a all around versatile pallette. I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'll admit that even though I'm a notorious cheapskate I was a bit iffy about buying an ELF shadow collection. I've read many reviews and I've tried single shadows (2 mineral, 1 studio) which didn't impress me at all, so I went into this with little expectation. It's only $6, y'know?

Bravely I ventured out into the unknown and after spending 4 hours (I'm not kidding) trying to determine which palette would be best value and ended up with the Studio Beauty School 32-Piece Eyeshadow Palette in "Jetsetter".

It arrived safe and sound, no breakages. This palette has the white packaging, and it looks a teensy weensy bit cheap. Given that cheap is exactly what it is, I thought it best to ignore that bit.

I used NYX lid primer.

So Aloha, eyeshadows!

Going against my preference (I'm a lefty), I started on the right hand side where the pretty colours seem to live. It's fair to say that most of the shadows are actually quite decent, although they were also a bit chalky. Pay-off was fine, and they blend verrrrry well.

As for the lighter shades on the left hand side, I.find myself agreeing with the majority vote - at least 6 colours are really chalky and suffer from a chronic lack of pigmentation. On the plus side, they had no blending issues but you have to expect that given that there's really not a whole heckuva lot to blend to begin with.

I think $6 is perfectly reasonable to pay for this 32 shade kit. It doesn't come close to NYX but it's still good value.

on 8/25/2014 11:16:00 AM

I picked this up at Marshalls for $3.50 and for that price it's unbeatable, the pigmentation is pretty good (especially with a primer) and the colours blend really well together, also some of the matte shades make great brow powders :) brilliant to have in any make up collection!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in the Neutral-hued palette and adore it...for $6, there is no other option for a multi-dimensional, multi-textured neutral palette. I feel like if my own daughter was just starting out at the appropriate age and wanted to explore her taste in shadows, I'd get this for her. And being a veteran to neutrals, I still choose this over some of my own more expensive palettes some days. Also, traveling with this thing is a no-brainer. The shadows are fairly shallow and the packaging, itself, closes tightly so it would be unlikely that anything would break and if it did, there's probably a similar shade there or this whole thing is very replacable.

There are lots of interesting shades here, all wearable and office-appropriate. The lighter shades are a bit chalky and varied in texture, but usable. The deeper shades to the right side of the palette are where the fun is. Do check this palette out in pure sunlight because these shadows tend to look alike in flourescent or synthetic light. There are great cool tones here that are hard to find sometimes. Good taupes ranging from deep to pale, some deep, dark denim shades, a few charcoal colors, there are pink-hued neutrals, some warmer tones, deep, bark-type shades; just a huge range of nude and neutral tones that make this palette totally worth it. And actual shadow quality is like that of typical drugstore shadows. Nothing super spectacular but nothing unworkable, either. They're "good" and not bad by any means. Each shade and its consistency is a bit different. E.L.F. gets all A's for effort, though.

Do give this a try if you're in the market for a multi-trick pony. There are some gems here and for the price of a typical quad at the drugstore, you get a huge laundry list of some good shadows. Definitely fun to play with and so easy to travel with!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the neutrals palette. Most of the shadows, particularly the shimmery ones, swatch with good pigmentation. There are a few duds, however, particularly the matte black, which felt as hard as cement that I couldn't even get any color from it. The eyeshadows don't really stay on unless you put a primer underneath. Otherwise, they are a bit flaky and you will get some fall out. I definitely agree with the other reviews that it's a good starter palette, but nothing to write home about. But you really can't beat the price!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This palette has many good, useful shades. It says warm, but I am very fair, with dark hair and green eyes, neutral complexion that could go either way. Some warm shades wash me out, but I found I can wear almost every color on this palette with the exception of the butter yellow which would only be a highlighter at best.

I bought a back up, at $4.99 on the clearance rack at the grocery store, I figure I cant lose and i know I will hit pan on many of these shades. I consider many of them to be more neutral than warm, dare i say, this palette could be a much less expensive alternative to Naked 1 or Naked 2?

on 3/2/2014 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the warm neutrals studio palette as a steal - $3 at Big Lots, figuring I had nothing to lose. I loved the wide selection of neutral colors, and had had some pretty good successes with elf in the past. Some shades are hard to show, but the majority are great. They look great on. Matte and shimmery (the shimmery aren't very shimmery at that, so good for everyday). Love it!

on 5/16/2013 1:24:00 PM

I bought these in the brights and neutral palettes. They are ok you get what you pay for. They cost me $5. Colours aren't very pigmented but that's ok. If your new to makeup they will be great. I do like them and will buy again. I gave a rating of 3 because I don't like that they are not very pigmented and the case can be tricky to get open. I have to use a knife every time.

on 1/11/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

*This review is for the 32 Piece Warm Palette.*

Sometimes, after work while waiting for my ride home, I hang around in a super ghetto Walgreens. Unfortunately, doing so leads to some pretty stupid impulse buys, but this palette is a total exception. I shelled out the five bucks with low expectations (E.L.F. eyeshadows are a hit or miss for me, and mostly misses), but I was pleasantly surprised the first time I used it.

I have blue eyes and fair, warm-leaning skin, so I knew this palette's colors would work best for me. I absolutely love all of the medium and dark brown shades, and the paler highlight shades are nice as well. They actually last a pretty long time on my lids, even without primer. I can kinda just swipe them on and go (I'm super impatient and usually rushed), and they only crease a little bit even after a long day. Some of the brown shades really make my blue eyes pop, which is excellent considering my eyes are one of my least favorite features.

However, there are some duds in the palette, namely the darker gray, black and olive shades. They're kinda chalky and don't last very long. Luckily, that's only a few of them, and cheap, well-pigmented dark eyeshadows aren't difficult to find (thanks, Wet 'n' Wild!).

I guess I should say something about the packaging, too. It's... not that bad. While it can be a bit frustrating to open, the palette itself is pretty classy looking and relatively sturdy. I'm super careful not to drop it, though- that would probably obliterate the eyeshadows inside. Otherwise, it's alright, like the majority of E.L.F's studio line packaging.

Overall, if you can still find this palette in stores such as Walgreens, Target, KMart, etc., five bucks is a total steal for something that'll probably last you forever, especially if you don't wear eyeshadow too often, like me. There are other 32 piece palettes for other skintones and looks, so warm colors aren't your only option. This palette isn't perfect, but it's definitely worth checking out!

Popular Palettes