October 31, 2014 | 1190 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Cream Eyeliner - Copper

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by rfoss16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I couldn't find this at my local Target/SuperTarget, so I ordered it online from the e.l.f. website. I only ordered it because according to the listed ingredients on the product page, it does not contain parabens. When I received the product in the mail and read the ingredients on the back of the package, however, I saw that it DOES contain parabens. I contacted customer service and received a refund, and they are apparently investigating the matter.

I am disappointed that it contains parabens because it is a beautiful color and has good pigmentation. The lasting power actually isn't that great though so I'm definitely not shedding any tears over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Lizpaola25

Love the color and it lasts all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually use this product for my eyebrow, very little product with light strokes. Gives the eyebrows a very define shape.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

E.L.F is a very hit-or-miss brand for me. Some products are amazing, while others are beyond terrible. This eyeliner, though, is definitely the former.
First, the good:
The colour, for me, is a very metallic bronze. I see no chunks of glitter, it's all quite tasteful. The lasting power is stunning, I wore this to bed last night (without primer) just to test it out, and when my mom saw me this morning, she said, "Your eyeliner looks great!" I looked in the mirror and sure enough, there were no raccoon eyes for me. The wings were still very intact, and there was only slight smudging on one eye--I had my face against my pillow, apparently. I've had no issues with it drying out, and I've had it for a couple of months. It's very creamy and easy to apply.
When you purchase this, you also receive a little angled eyeliner brush, which is decent enough. I still use it to apply this eyeliner.
Makeup remover is a must if you want to get this eyeliner off completely, as just water won't do anything.
The one complaint I have is the packaging. When screwing the lid on, it can be a bit difficult to get it to screw on "straight"--sometimes one side may be more screwed down than the other, and therefore the lid will be uneven. So it can be somewhat time-consuming to get the lid on.
Overall, though, I quite like this eyeliner, and look forward to trying other colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

Super great price for a really nice product!

Copper is a slightly dark, slightly metallic brown color that looks great when applied with the angled applicator that comes with the product. It leaves a clean line.

Only two downsides:
1. You really have to press the brush down into the pot to get any color on the brush.
2. The brush is not attached to the pot so it can be easy to lose/find on a busy morning!

I would definitely buy this again, I just wish there was some way the brush could be attached to the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by stormm

Love it! Great color payoff, stays on for the whole day with the help of a primer and dirt cheap. I heard that it dries up very quickly, so if it happens I will definitely try another colors from Elf.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I love all the ELF cream eyeliners I've tried. The color selection, the payoff, the wear time and the price are great. Copper is true to it's name in shine but is less orange than true, clean copper. This eyeliner is closer to a dirty copper without the tarnish.

With my golden eyes and red-brown hair, this is perfect for my eyebrows.Just apply lightly and smudge with an angled eyeliner brush in short strokes then powder with my normal setting powder. Better than an eye pencil or brow powder or colored brow gel.

The cakes in the containers do shrink up as they dry but don't affect the creaminess much. I just use the brush for friction purposes as the eyeliner deposits on the bristles. No problems. Rating of 4.5 lippies for me. 4 here for the drying issue, which can annoy people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have found a way to revive my cream/gel liners that have dried up a bit or are too dry to begin with. I got all these cream liners a while ago on a good studio sale so im not sure if i got defected ones but I think its just how they are, they are drier than id like my gel/cream liners to be. So i made a little concoction- eye primer & face primer + eye drops (only a tiny bit of all of them or it will be too liquidy) and the liner is amazing!!!!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Elf Cream liners are from their Studio Line which cost $3 usd. They are super affordable for the amount you get. These can be found online at eyeslipsface or at most Target stores depending on your location.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Copper is a great shade. Its just like the name, a true deepened metallic copper. Its very pretty. depending on the lighting, it can look dark or lighter- very unique. I love using this to add some color to a sheer wash of color on lid. its so pretty like that. it also can be dark enough to define the lash line with any look. Its a great color all year round but esp for right now in fall since metallics are back in. I love using this as a base too- i couldnt do that until i mixed it up a bit bc it was way too dry to move around, now i can get a nice thin & even layer. this makes a great base for a fall smoky eye. i prime my lids and have normal lids, not oily so this last forever, i have to use a oil based remover to get this off at nite. i love using the new studio bent angled liner brush with these cream liners. The liner is a bit more on the dry side but can go on nicely with the right brush. the staying power is amazing. i duno how this will hold up on oilier lids. since i dont have them so i cant attest to that. i like how easily the liner applies now. i do suggest stirring them up a tad w/ toothpick or something since that alone does help a tad.
=PACKAGING=
The liner comes in the standard hard see thru plastic square jar. The liner doesnt run throughout the whole thing which isnt too bad since you still get a great amount of liner. The lid is black with the product name & elf logo on top. the lid twist on. if not on right, you should be able to see it since the lid should sit on the jar straight. there is a slight snapping noise once on properly. so make sure you twist it on right & tight! the shade name is on the tiniest sticker so thats the only thing, i wish it were bigger to make it easier to see. you can see the color of the liner through the pot which makes detection of which one you want when you own more than one. The liner is held securely & the jar wont break. great for traveling if you would like since its not huge. They also come with a mini studio angled liner brush which is awesome. i like the mini ones better than their actual brush since that handle is longer so the mini handle makes application so much easier. its the same synthetic bristled brush. cruelty free & easy to wipe off & clean.
Overall, this is a super unique cream liner. unlike any cream liner i own. its very nice to use daily or to add some color other than the basic brown or black. i love the metallic color but just watch how great the liner is in diff lighting. the elf studio cream liners are great. if they were a tad creamier, id love em even more than my wnw but its still a great cream liner esp for the price!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this liner, because a lot of people seem to love it, but I hate it. I've given several colors a chance and I hate all but one of them. This one is supposed to be a copper color but it just shows up as a dark brown. They are dry to begin with, but slightly useable. Within a very short time though, they are so dry you can't even work with them, and you end up with a thick flakey mess on your eyelids. The only color I've liked is the teal one, that one seems to be much less dry. I really wish I liked this, because it comes in a ton of colors, but it's awful. :( There are better liners out there even at this price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by saxcat513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE!!! THIS EYELINER DOES NOT CREASE ON MY HOODED LIDS!!!!! I have been using this cream eyeliner for a few days now, and it really stays put, even in Texas heat! I have tried MANY eyeliners searching for something that won't smear above my crease thanks to my stupid hooded lids- nothing has stayed in place except for this! It's super easy to apply too, which is an added bonus. Will buy this in other colors soon!