September 1, 2014 | 1264 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Custom Eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by prettyfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So clumpy and really wet, weigh my lashes down just after they curled by lash curler. Plus it dried up easily at the tube and smudges!! gave me panda eyes. I actually gave this 2 lippies because of the wand. i'm keeping the wand but obviously won't repurchase. I guess for mascara department I will stick to Maybelline, I love foundations and lip products from revlon though

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by calliope101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Usually I love Revlon, but they really missed the mark on this one. The mascara is very sparse to put on (if that makes sense) is hard to build and completely lacks volume. It may look alright for an hour or so, but at the end of a 6 hour shift it's fluttered down and is sitting very unattractively in my undereye concealer. Would not recommend.

(note -- this is NOT a hate on Revlon in particular, I think they're great and particularly like their lipsticks -- it's just this one product that is awful.)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Belugie

this makes my eyelashes long but unlike what it says on the packaging, its not waterproof. my lashes are straight and thin. i like using this as my first layer but never my last .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ncabado

I loved this mascara, I don't know why... I have used a range of mascaras and this one really surprised me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by LuckyLaser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I lost my old mascara (was around the same price but much better!) and was in desperate need of a new one. Sadly in this shop the variety of mascaras was small and all about the same in prize so I bought this one mainly because it's normal size (the others were all just so big! shitty new trend :P)...well WHAT A MISTAKE! Never would I ever buy this product again! It's SO CLUMPY and it smudges so easily. Also there is no real difference between those two options of applying (1. Length & Drama vs. 2. Lenght & Definition). I wasn't really interested in that at all anyways but I thought I'd let you know: it's a complete fraud ;)

Yesterday I just chose the cheapest black mascara I could find because I thought it couldn't get worse than this xD This new mascara (essence maximum definition volume mascara) cost only 1/4 of the prize of the Revlon one and it's so much better!

Long story short: never make a choice due to the brand! Don't assume expensive = better. It's not! ...which is actually a good thing for us ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by lucegodfrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wouldn't buy this product again at all! It wasn't overly expensive as i picked it up in TK MAXX but considering I hate it I feel like it was a waste, the mascara adds LENGTH to my lashes but no volume or curl in the slightest, therefore just making my lashes look spidery, also it doesn't fan them out nicely AT ALL!! Also, like all these 'two setting' mascara, there are no difference between the two so it is a gimmick they probably charge more for! There are plenty of other drug store mascaras that create nice looking lashes- but not this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by catwood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i'm a huge mascara fan and this really didn't do it for me at all. SO clumpy, so much product on the brush, leaves black stuff under my eyes. yuck! switched to lancome doll eyes. best choice :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by rorygils

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is actually good for me because I have a very straight eyelashes and I need to use a waterproof mascara after I curled my lashes so that the curl won't go down. This mascara hold the curl really good and the brush separates the lashes well, no clumped. Though I didn't see any difference between the two dials.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by amazozoz

The one beauty product I would not leave the house without is mascara. I love mascara--and appreciate one that does what it is supposed to do. This product--Custom Eyes--is TERRIBLE!!! I don't know how it is even on the shelves!! It comes out of the tube in huge clumps--and even if you pre-wipe the wand, (what a waste of product) the nasty applicator STILL deposits thick globs of mascara. Throughout the day/evening, when I check my make-up, there are always black flakes around my eyes/on my upper cheeks.

Get rid of this product, Revlon--it is hurting your reputation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by bebedejuin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Big Lots for about $2-3 to keep at work in my emergency late-for-work makeup stash. I'm glad I didn't spend much because this is a terrible mascara! Granted, the lash curler I bought at the same time is also sub-par, but this mascara has a major smudging problem! It's also a bit clumpy. Like another reviewer said, the clicker dial is useless because you get a horrible application each way. I ended up ditching it and replacing it with a different mascara that was easier to apply with consistent results when I'm hiding in the office bathroom trying to put on makeup before people notice I was late. :)