October 1, 2014 | 1977 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Far Away Dreams

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Shannikins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had a sample of this and really liked it so I decided to purchase the full size. The full size smells slightly different to the sample I had - more fruity and less warm/spicy. Smells weird from the bottle but great once it's on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this from the Outlet book for $9.99 so the price was good. I'm just not impressed by this much. It smells very flat to me. I prefer the original Far Away to this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by crysna

This one is a little lighter than the original far away! Is sweet floral type, and powdery! With coconut notes and i think with a musky base, in my experience this type of fragrances are perfect for cold/winter seasons! Good staying power, nice bottle design! Try it before u buy it! A little goes a long way! Nice one!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The original Far Away is one of my favorite fragrances and I had looked forward to trying this. Unfortunately, Far Away Dreams left me disappointed. Avon describes it as "a joyful dream of sunny peach, tropical mango and lush florals"; that's reasonably accurate although the fragrance is heavy on the florals and light on the fruit. But then Avon continues its description with "unfolds to the soft sensuality of amber and creamy sandalwood," and that's where they lose me. I didn't detect any sandalwood or sensuality, just a buncha flowers, which is OK if you want that - but I wanted some OOMPH and there wasn't any.
Will probably use what I have but will not repurchase. I'll stick to the original.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A lighter version of far away but far away isn't an overpowering perfume to begin with. This perfume is nice but I prefer far away the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by violette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know about elsewhere in the world, but this EDP is still available in Avon boutiques in my country. I have no idea if it's a limited edition or what, but I think it was launched here end of last year (or was it early this year?). I'm not very sure. Anyway, this is a great flanker of the original. It's a lighter version of Far Away, but with a tropical twist. This is like the spring/summer version of Far Away (the latter, being a heavier Oriental, is definitely more suited to cold weather/winter, IMO). So, if you like/love the original, but want a lighter version for the warmer/hotter months, you might want to check this one out. This had me constantly sniffing my wrist. Very, very nice! I couldn't find the complete list of notes for this perfume anywhere, but in the 16-30 November 2010 catalog, Avon describes it as "A joyful dream of sunny peach, tropical mango and lush florals." Yeah, I can definitely smell the peach, mango, some florals (orange blossom? jasmine? magnolia? don't know, I'm not very good at identifying flowers) & also a delicious creamy note (vanilla? coconut? both?). This is definitely one of Avon's best to date & one of my favorites in their current fragrance line-up (the other being Vanilla Soft Musk). A surprisingly nice perfume at an affordable price. Rating: 4 1/2 lippies.