October 25, 2014 | 1732 users online

Eyes - E.L.F. - 6 shadow Holiday palette "Party"

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I bought this pallette from Target.com as my local Target doesn't sell e.l.f. This is the first time I have purchased anything from this line. The six-shadow case is cheap feeling and came with an odd shaped brush with just one end that is more like an eyeliner brush than a shadow brush. The colors look pretty in the pallette and are shimmery. The white, silver and dark grey colors are what attracted me to the pallette. Today I used it for the first time, using the silver all over and the dark grey to shade and in the crease. I lined my rims with black and used black lengthening mascara on my top lashes only. I used the brush that came with the set to softly line my lower lashes with the purple in the pallette and it looked very pretty--a smokey eye. My brows were lightly touched up with a brown Glimmerstick. The three colors I used today crumbled away from the pan readily when touched with an eyeshadow sponge applicator. It doesn't look like they will last long. I am concerned if I take this to and from work that it will eventually crack up. It was very cheap and the quality is cheap. When compared with another brand of eyeshadow in this price point, the quality is awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by JelliBelli247

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful smokey 6 color palette. Theres a cute silver glitter color, black with glitter(dupe for MAC Black Tied), silver shimmer, purple shimmer, ice blue and glittery white. All but the white are very well pigmented. there is however one BIG problem. Most of these are extremely creamy and soft. Way way too creamy and soft. I put my shadow brush into the silver color and the darn thing crumbled up and shattered on the first swipe. Now I use very light pressure to swipe, so it wasn't like I was diggin in lol. It wasted over half the shadow :( Theres also an extreme amount of fallout from these. If anyone remembers the UD token in UZI you will know what I mean. No glitter on the lid, lots under the eyes. The white color is rock hard, doesnt have any true color payoff and is quite gritty when applied. It was the only color that didnt smush away and waste half the pan. I gave this 3 lippies because most of them are wonderfully pigmented, and the package is sturdy and decently made. I suppose I can always remove the colors and crush them to use as loose pigments but what a pain to do so.