Philosophy Holiday Hostess gift set (Sugary Cinnamon Icing duo)

on 11/29/2010 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This set contains a 8oz (240ml) 3-in-1 & an 8oz (240ml) Body Lotion in the scent "Sugary cinnamon icing"

I bought this for myself as I couldn't resist the lure of Sugary Cinnamon icing. When I first opened the package, I love the packaging of this set. It has a really cute picture on it, is made of really thick cardboard which is decorated by glitter. Really nice, it would make a fantastic gift.

I opened up & took a whiff of the shower gel. What I smelt, I wouldn't describe as Cinnamon or sweet, really. It smells like Golden Nuggets cereals (I think these are a UK thing) or as someone said in the 3-in-1 review, Maple Syrup quaker oats. I'm not crazy because my boyfriend agreed. Not exactly what I expected, but not bad either.

I decided to go ahead & use the set, so off to the shower I headed. Both bottles have a little pump which is really handy. You can also twist it to turn it off or on, too. I dispensed a small amount onto a shower puff & lathered up. It lathered really well and was nice & frothy. For this reason, a little bit went a long way. I even used it to shave my legs as it's quite creamy.

Next I added the body lotion, which was a lovely consistency. It sank in quickly & moisturised well. When using both together, the smell really clings. I could still smell it all the next day (I shower at night)

Overall, I like this set. I wish the scent would have been closer to the description, but everyones interpreatation is dif. I guess. It wasn't cheap @ 16.50, but the products are high quality, the packaging is lovely, the pump means there is no wastage & a little goes a long way. I have tried a few brands that have tried to copy Philosophys packaging & idea, but they have been no where near quality wise.

This was my first venture into Philosophy & I can't wait to try more scents in the future.

Popular Body Skincare Products