August 30, 2014 | 956 users online

Skincare - Body - Philosophy - Holiday Hostess gift set (Sugary Cinnamon Icing duo)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by LowraLamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

1 lippie off for the scent being more maple than cinnamon. (Although if you think about cinnamon sugar while smelling it, you can convince yourself that it does smell like it). This scent was super sweet and yummy. The 3-in-1 was true to the formula, in that the scent didn't linger too long after showering, but when topped with the lotion afterwards, it has some super strong staying power. The packaging was really cute and I actually saved it. I liked that the bottles came with pumps for each.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by xMissFortunex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This set contains a 8oz (240ml) 3-in-1 & an 8oz (240ml) Body Lotion in the scent "Sugary cinnamon icing"

I bought this for myself as I couldn't resist the lure of Sugary Cinnamon icing. When I first opened the package, I love the packaging of this set. It has a really cute picture on it, is made of really thick cardboard which is decorated by glitter. Really nice, it would make a fantastic gift.

I opened up & took a whiff of the shower gel. What I smelt, I wouldn't describe as Cinnamon or sweet, really. It smells like Golden Nuggets cereals (I think these are a UK thing) or as someone said in the 3-in-1 review, Maple Syrup quaker oats. I'm not crazy because my boyfriend agreed. Not exactly what I expected, but not bad either.

I decided to go ahead & use the set, so off to the shower I headed. Both bottles have a little pump which is really handy. You can also twist it to turn it off or on, too. I dispensed a small amount onto a shower puff & lathered up. It lathered really well and was nice & frothy. For this reason, a little bit went a long way. I even used it to shave my legs as it's quite creamy.

Next I added the body lotion, which was a lovely consistency. It sank in quickly & moisturised well. When using both together, the smell really clings. I could still smell it all the next day (I shower at night)

Overall, I like this set. I wish the scent would have been closer to the description, but everyones interpreatation is dif. I guess. It wasn't cheap @ 16.50, but the products are high quality, the packaging is lovely, the pump means there is no wastage & a little goes a long way. I have tried a few brands that have tried to copy Philosophys packaging & idea, but they have been no where near quality wise.

This was my first venture into Philosophy & I can't wait to try more scents in the future.