Palmer's Firming Butter

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this stuff! I don't know if it will work, probably not much, but it's a great moisturizer and I love the smell. I really only bought it for the chocolate scent, because it matches perfectly with my "Hypnotic Poison". I first found Palmer's when I was pregnant 13 years ago, and I've been hooked on it ever since. I usually just buy the regular formula, but this smells just like it.

I doubt very seriously it will help firm, life or tone, but you never know, it might! I remember this company did nothing to help with stretch marks either, but I still used it anyway.

on 9/26/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just purchased this after reading multiple reviews and doing some online research - I will update this review as time goes on.

Long story short, I'm somewhere in the middle of a big weight-loss campaign and still have about 100 lbs to lose (I'm 55 lbs down so far) and I'm concerned about having lots of excess skin when I hit my goal weight. In addition to drinking tons of water, pretty much every recommendation was to keep skin as moisturized and nourished as possible. This product topped every list of recommendations, so I plan to use it every day as I continue to lose weight (focusing on my neck, decolletee, arms, tummy, bum and legs) in the hopes that it'll minimize any excess saggy skin I might be left with (and hopefully avoid a costly surgery!).

Short term! Used it for the first time last night. I love the smell (although if you dislike the smell of chocolate or cocoa butter you're better off choosing something else, this is a lovely warm chocolatey scent) and despite being really thick it pumped out of the dispenser easily. It took a few minutes to really sink in, but once it did - WOW. Left my skin feeling nice and soft, not sticky or greasy, and smelling really nice (again - the smell is subjective).

Long term, I will check back in to post as I lose more to see if I'm noticing improvements (or if I'm just *not* noticing any crazy sagginess) - fingers crossed!

Thank you all for the helpful reviews btw!!

on 8/28/2014 11:00:00 PM

love the smell makes my skin super soft....firming seems to be working my skin looks a lot better! Price is awesome too

on 2/24/2014 9:19:00 AM

I really, really like this product. It is super-moisturizing without being greasy. It has a rich chocolatey smell that lingers (at least on my skin) so avoid if you don't like stong smells. I do not believe that it has a particular firming effect but then again no cream on its own can do that. After using this though, your skin is very well moisturized with a ever-so-slight sheen to it so it definitely looks better!

on 11/13/2013 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really love this lotion! I have always hated the cocoa butter scent, but this one is sweeter, more like chocolate, and the scent dissipates quickly. I was using the bust formula, but the tubes ran out too quickly, so I tried this firming butter. It soaks in quickly but makes my skin SO soft with no greasy residue. I noticed my upper arms suddenly looking much better, and while I work out quite a bit, the skin was still a bit flabby. It looks so much firmer now, so I think this is helping. Just a really nice every day lotion that seems to improve the texture of your skin, just as it promises on the bottle. Will continue to purchase!

on 3/1/2013 3:40:00 AM

Amazing lotion!! Smells amazing (traditional cocoa butter scent, but not as strong as Palmer's regular cocoa butter lotion), soaks in fast, very moisturizing, and most important of all IT REALLY FIRMS. I've definitely noticed a difference in the firmness of the skin that I've been using the lotion on.

on 1/27/2013 12:09:00 AM

I absolutely love this body lotion. It smells so good & keeps my skin moisturized. I've used it once a day for the past 5 months. It really doesn't firm anything. Not sure if it's helping my stretch marks. I heard only time can do that anyway. :) It's kind of expensive. It's about $6 for a 10.6 oz pump bottle. It originally came in a tube which I never had issues with. With the new packaging, Often times the pump is broken & it's impossible to get all the lotion out. Overall, I am able to look past the little complications, mainly because of the scent & feel of this product. Enjoy!

on 1/7/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this product!! I don't find it firms but I think this is possibly the best! Moisturiser I've ever bought! It's so affordable too and the bottle lasts a long time too! It leaves my skin so smooth and not oily like some other products tend to do! Absolutely amazing cream! 10/10 :)

on 12/19/2011 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

First I rated it 5 out of 5. I know no cream/lotion will have you look firm or smaller, but I have been working out lately and I could use cocoa butter to help smooth out the cottage cheese look, and it seems to be slightly working. Just having moisturized skin helps with the look of this skin, its temporary.

Now, I hate the scent its cloying, made me sick to my stomach. 2 out 5.

on 3/29/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The reason i bought this was because while at Ulta i was $2 short of being able to use my coupon! :p
I needed something around two dollars that i would actually use- so that it was not just a waste of two dollar junk that would sit around.

When i saw this lotion on sale for $4, I figured i would give it a try. I was unsure at first because of the smell (you know what i am talking about). I figured that I would use it on my legs & feet if i hated the smell or the lotion after buying it.

The smell was odd at first, but I got used to it and now it doesn't bother me at all.
I love the thick creamy texture of the lotion and it rubs right in!
btw, I did not buy this for the claim of it being able to firm me. I do not believe any lotion product can do that.
I would buy it again if it was on sale & I had a coupon.

Popular Lotions / Creams