July 30, 2014 | 1927 users online

Cleansers - Christian Dior - Lait Tendre Demaquillant Gentle Cleansing Milk with Velvet Peony Extract

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have never thought of Dior as a skincare brand, but I came across this by chance and saw some great reviews from people with sensitive skin (elsewhere). So I gave it a go. My skin got very messed up this winter, it always seems to be a winter problem, very dry and then I try to tackle that with lots of different new products and then I have reactions. So it has settled down but was still dryer than it should be, and I was back to using Shu oil A/I which doesn't irritate my skin, *but* I think I finally realised that because I need to use quite warm water to melt it off (and rub with muslin) that that in itself was too much for my skin.

So this product - I dampen face first, even though it doesn't say to do so. I then massage well and rinse, splashing, with tepid water. I do follow with toner, but I get zero residue on the cotton pad, so the cleanser itself is doing its job. I use a separate eye-makeup remover first so cannot comment on its job there, but generally I find a separate product works best.

From the first time I used it, my skin not only was fine with it, it looked amazingly better! I couldn't believe it. It was more plumped, soft, no redness. This is maybe now my HG cleanser. I love it. It's certainly not the most natural of products, and the peony on the list of ingredients looks like an afterthought, but frankly I don't care - it works.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wasn´t very happy with this cleanser. I have dry, sensitive skin and I wear some make up (bare minerals and bb-cream by clinique).
First at all, this cleanser didn´t take all of my make up away. When I tapped my skin with a cotton pad with toner, I noticed I still had make up on. And had to remove it with the toner.

Secondly, it made my eyes red and watery. Not right away, but in a few days I noticed that my eyes were watery all the day long, and it took quite a long time to realize that it was because of the cleanser.

So, I gave it to my mum and she´s fine with it but said she won´t be buying it again. Neither won´t I.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Silly_Girl

I have combo/oily skin with dehydrated top layer. Any kind of foaming cleanser strips moisture of my skin completely leaving it tight, red, irritated, flushed. So I decided to try this cleansing milk and found out that it works really well at removing oily build up from the day without drying out my skin. I don't use any heavy make up but a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen and it removed it effortlessly. The way I use it: wet my face well first then apply the cleansing milk and massage it on for 2-3 minutes, then I rinse it and it comes off easily. I find that it doesn't work as well if applied to dry skin, it was hard to rinse it of. It doesn't make my face more oily throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by flamingoyo

I'm obsessed with trying skin care products. Unless one really blows me away, I'll usually hop from product to product just because. Cleansers, as a whole, are more or less the same for me. I know my skin type (Normal/Dehydrated), so I know to steer clear of gel or mousse formulas because they'll dry me out. So as long as I adhere to that simple rule of sticking with a milky or creamy texture, I'm good to go. I'm a sucker for trying high end brands, so when I saw this Dior cleanser at Sephora, I bought it without a second thought. It's way more expensive than I'm used to for a cleanser, usually I'll stick with Aveda which is around 30 bucks, so 45 kinda sucked but I figured why not. I never use any of my cleansers as a makeup remover, even if the bottle advertises that, so I've never had trouble of it not removing my makeup. The texture is divine, very milky and refreshing, with a barely-there scent and it did what it was supposed to do: it cleaned my skin. In the morning, my skin looks great, clean and dewy. Satisfied with this product, but most likely won't buy again just because I'll want to try something new.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by moppie2005

Not the worst, not the best. I read that you are supposed to use this on dry skin and then add water, just like an oil cleanser. After washing, I still felt that there were things that was still rubbing off my skin, so it wasn't getting my moisturizer and sunscreen off properly.

Some have commented that it is an excellent makeup remover. I can't comment on this since I normally don't wear makeup. But I do use skincare products and I do need to be able to wash off especially my sunscreen, which I don't feel it does. Therefore, as a skin cleanser, it is not so great.

The scent is subtle and not offensive at all, and I normally don't like scents. The cleanser is for dry skin and it worked. My face didn't feel tight at all. Very pretty white packaging also.