April 16, 2014 | 1705 users online

Lipstick - Tom Ford - Pink Dusk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love that this shows up on my lips as it looks in the tube. My lips are fairly pigmented, which can effect how a lot of pale pinks or nudes appear on me. But this goes on fully opaque in one swipe without settling oddly or looking uneven. It feels so creamy and comfortable, no heavy or coated sensation. It lasts so long on me too, more so than the average lipstick. I don't know how it stays put so well without having a drier texture, but it just does.

I don't know what makes this color so fantastic but I love it. It just works with everything and manages to be that perfect, looked-for-it-forever type of pink. It's a beautiful light neutral pink, on the deeper end of the light range on my pale skin. It doesn't wash me out at all and the pink is so flattering and sophisticated. It has a fleshy, nude undertone rather than a white one so it doesn't look milky or bubblegum-ish. The finish has a subtle sheen that makes my lips look healthy and smooth. I like that it isn't an entirely matte finish, especially since paler colors tend not to work on me if they're matte.

I'm sure the color may not seem entirely unique to some, but given the quality and how well it wears I consider it well worth the splurge. I can throw this on anytime and know it looks just about perfect. I love the chic, heavy packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Smintie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick is so lush. It is just a joy to apply. Goes on easily and feels like a treatment!! Looks good right out of the tube without any futzing. Pink Dusk is the absolute perfect nude for me. This is my go-to shade for every day. I am 43 years old and in all my life I have only EVER used up the entire tube of lipstick before tossing it out TWICE in my life. This is one. (The other was a discontinued Shu Uemura) I will be rebuying this as long as Tom Ford makes it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by baragon11

I'm so mad that I love this shade. It's my HG pink, perfect for work, and everyday wear. I used to go a lot darker, but as I've gotten older, I find a more subtle lip much more flattering. I hope this lasts for a long time, because it's ridiculously expensive, but worth the cost. Drat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I´ve been looking for "The Perfect Nude" in many years now and I have to say this is it. Since I found her, Pink Dusk from Tom Ford, I stopped looking and I wear this almost on a daily basis. It is very "your lips but better" and the quality is just divine. So smooth, longlasting and the perfect amount of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Hautemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I know so many people find products that are "similar" or create their own version of shades BUT there are some products that you just need to go ahead and pay for because you'll never recreate it. The is one of them. It is the perfect nude, long lasting, and the pigment does not wear off like with cheaper lipsticks. It is pricey but you definitely will get your money's worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If there was one item I would buy and use for the rest of my life, it would be Tom Ford's Pink Dusk lipstick. This is a beautiful, natural nude that is an absolute classic, and is the perfect foil for any dramatic eye make-up look or even a simple, everyday 'no make-up make-up look'. It is moisturizing, hydrating and has a gorgeous colour pay-off. It isn't too matte, and it isn't too shiny, it falls perfectly in the middle. As a colour, it is a great neutral that doesn't show up too chalky or too dark on my lips.

For me, this is the perfect lipstick in the perfect colour, and I could just get by with this lipstick alone in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Lnlouise

This lipstick is very expensive but definitely worth the money! The color is great, a very pretty nude that works well with my warm but fair skin tone. The packaging makes it appealing also. Definitely my go to lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ah, Tom Ford lipsticks. So creamy, so longlasting...and such a love of chalky shades! I am pale, and yet this light pink nude shade is just the slightest bit chalky on me. I can wear it because the hint brown (a tiny teeny hint) saves it - and me. Oddly this light shade is harder to put on as it's actually lighter than my lips, so it took some blotting, lip pressing and second and third coats to get it to be uniform. I am NOT a fan of high maintenance lip shades! I think had I tried this at a counter, it would not be in my possession, but I ordered it online and it sat in its box and in the plastic wrapper until at least 6 months afterwards, so I felt I couldn't in good conscience return it to the store. I asked my husband his opinion, and he thought it was fine, so I think it's a matter of personal preference. I like darker shades, and so if you like light, creamy nude-pinks, you will probably love this. I like more beige-pink-plum (aka, darker) so it's not my favorite. However TF makes an amazing lipstick formulation, so I will buy others in the future. His lipsticks are very 'adult' - opaque, creamy, never glittery/sparkly. They feel grown up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love TF lipsticks, but this color didn't work on me so much. I don't have a lot of pinks at all, really only one from Chanel, but until I finish that one, I won't be investing in this one. Bought others, just not this one. That said, it is a lovely shade of pink, and I can see it working on people that are blue based toned...with brown hair and blue shadow. But on me, meh.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by delicatepost

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is only the shade.. I have too many a shade like this..

I love the creamy texture of it... It feels like it could spill a little if I apply too much because it's that soft on my lips..

the shade is a lovely deep pink.