November 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Lipstick - Tom Ford - Pink Dusk

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

My first Tom Ford lipstick. I will maybe buy another shade but don't plan on replacing this one. The lipstick is opaque, with a satin finish. The colour however is really nothing special. I was hoping for a nude/pink/MLBB but on my lips the pink doesn't show, its a warm nude which is nice, but nothing that special really especially considering the price.

The formula is lovely, the pigmentation is great, it wears nicely (lasts a while and wears evenly off) but again for me the colour just doesn't bring it up above average and there are dupes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by brunettebordeaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought my first Tom Ford lipstick the first time the line came out a few years ago with the white packaging. I have gone through 3 tubes of Pink Dusk in one year! It is the perfect, creamy, MLBB lipstick with a cool-tone. It is perfect by itself but looks best with a smoky eye. Having naturally dry lips, this was a miracle for me. It also was the most flattering MLBB for my NC30-tone skin, and lasts for at least 3 hours before fading into a nice pink. It feels luxurious one and so does throwing that beautiful tube into your purse! While I have to some save money now, I would definitely buy it again even though it is a little steep (at around $50+ now). It has a sweet, gourmand scent that immediately fades. It is like MAC's vanilla scent but with a little depth and some chocolate, nothing that smells artificial. Those who don't like thick-feeling lipstick may not enjoy it as much. Has a satin, demi-matte finish despite its creamy consistency.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by safetypage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know this is a really popular color, but the texture and finish of this shade just doesn't work for me. I have 2 other Tom Ford lipsticks, both of which I love. This one seems to drag across my lips and accentuate any hint of dryness. I've tried exfoliating first and priming with a lip balm which helps only marginally. Too much work for what is a MLBB shade. And, bummed because it's the color I wanted most.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Although I already owned a number of nice pinkey-brown-nude lipsticks at a much lower price point, I recently invested in Tom Ford's Pink Dusk. And yes, I do find $49 for a lipstick over the top expensive. The packaging is really gorgeous, heavy, high quality material, great design. I do agree that the shade can be duped for less money. The issue I often have with nude pinks is that either the coverage is good but then they are usually drying, or, when they feel creamy and comfortable, the coverage on my pigmented lips is subpar and they barely show up. What justifies Pink Dusk's crazy price tag is the fact that it covers my lips with one swipe and wears like a dream. It does not wash me out, and it has decent staying power. I also love the vanilla scent. So yes, definitely a splurge, but I do not regret the purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I succumbed to the blogs and other reviews. Paid a crazy amount of money for a nice lipstick. Yes, it's a nice lipstick. But it really is not worth $49. There are plenty of other high quality pretty lipsticks in pretty cases (Armani, Chanel) that are less than $49.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I am going to have to partially agree with the last reviewer with the feeling of being "swindled." That being said, I think the packaging is luxurious. I think the color is really pretty. It's not a dry formula. I will say I have other lipsticks that perform much better and also worse than this. It does not last as long as I would like it. That's disappointing to me. It looks very pretty with the Tom Ford lip lacquer gloss on top and it seems to feel better, look better and last longer....that being said, you are making a huge investment for a decent lip look/feel if you need to layer those 2 products. These are NOT cheap. I picked this up at Selfridges in London and OUCH, what a splurge. So, I feel mixed and I probably would not repurchase, but it is a pretty color and a pretty package. I'll probably stick to Chanel Coco Rouge lippies, as they never disappoint me in wear, longevity, performance. *sigh*

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I want to begin by saying that I really have nothing against Tom Ford. I would even say I'm a bit of a fan. After all, one of my all time favorite fragrances; Yves Saint Laurent's Nu was released during his time as Creative Director with the house. It will forever be a shock to me that Nu was such a commercial failure. It took guts to give the go ahead on that one. It also took guts to release a fragrance like Black Orchid during a time when fruity (and I do mean fruity!) florals were so obviously where the money was. And hey, I even liked A Single Man!
But this lipstick...no.
I don't own a single lipstick that doesn't out perform this in every level. That includes drugstore brands.
The color is nothing special at all. A peachy nude warm pink . I'm sure a dupe can be found in just about every cosmetics line out there.
The first thing I noticed was the lack of pigment. It takes a couple of swipes to get definite color on the lips and once you do it is patchy, uneven, and sinks right into the slightest, tiniest lines in the lips. Lasts a hot minute if you're lucky and not moisturizing in the least despite the fact that it feels like pork fat on the lips.
It crossed my mind that all the glowing reviews may have raised my expectations to an unattainable level, but honestly if given the choice between this or just about ANY drugstore lipstick, the only thing that would sway me is the packaging. And, frankly that's where I think the money was spent. It certainly wasn't spent on product formulation.
All the positive reviews are a puzzlement to me. Perhaps people don't like to admit when they've been swindled. I'm here to admit that I got swindled. Big time. I guess I should've known I'd be disappointed when most of the focus on the product was how the lid snapping shut sounds like "the door on a luxury car". Ridiculous.
Sometimes what's inside does count for something. At least with me.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love that this shows up on my lips as it looks in the tube. My lips are fairly pigmented, which can effect how a lot of pale pinks or nudes appear on me. But this goes on fully opaque in one swipe without settling oddly or looking uneven. It feels so creamy and comfortable, no heavy or coated sensation. It lasts so long on me too, more so than the average lipstick. I don't know how it stays put so well without having a drier texture, but it just does.

I don't know what makes this color so fantastic but I love it. It just works with everything and manages to be that perfect, looked-for-it-forever type of pink. It's a beautiful light neutral pink, on the deeper end of the light range on my pale skin. It doesn't wash me out at all and the pink is so flattering and sophisticated. It has a fleshy, nude undertone rather than a white one so it doesn't look milky or bubblegum-ish. The finish has a subtle sheen that makes my lips look healthy and smooth. I like that it isn't an entirely matte finish, especially since paler colors tend not to work on me if they're matte.

I'm sure the color may not seem entirely unique to some, but given the quality and how well it wears I consider it well worth the splurge. I can throw this on anytime and know it looks just about perfect. I love the chic, heavy packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Smintie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick is so lush. It is just a joy to apply. Goes on easily and feels like a treatment!! Looks good right out of the tube without any futzing. Pink Dusk is the absolute perfect nude for me. This is my go-to shade for every day. I am 43 years old and in all my life I have only EVER used up the entire tube of lipstick before tossing it out TWICE in my life. This is one. (The other was a discontinued Shu Uemura) I will be rebuying this as long as Tom Ford makes it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by baragon11

I'm so mad that I love this shade. It's my HG pink, perfect for work, and everyday wear. I used to go a lot darker, but as I've gotten older, I find a more subtle lip much more flattering. I hope this lasts for a long time, because it's ridiculously expensive, but worth the cost. Drat.